The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aldomoro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 29, 2018
Romania
And I'm thankful for it.

Late last year I read Millionaire Fastlane , discovered this place and my perception of life changed completely.

I was in my last year of college, counting the days until graduation. I found myself in a place I did not want to be in, preparing for a life I would come to despise.

To be clear, this summer I graduated law school (a special kind here in my country, which promises a job for the government for every graduate), and now I'm working as a legal adviser for the state. It's a path I thought I had chosen for myself, kind of forcing myself to think that it's good for me, even though, inside I knew what was coming. I can't fault my parents for this, this was not their choice to make and they believed this was the best way going forward for me, because they always encountered problems with their jobs and with money in general. This was, basically, the safe bet, the job you have for 40 years and then retire.

The thing is, I can't do that.

I find myself dreading every morning I have to wake up thinking that I need to get to work. I don't like the field I'm in, don't like the concept of a regular job, which doesn't really have too many upsides besides acting as a safety net. Thanks to MJ DeMarco and the guys in here, my understanding of the world changed completely, and now I find myself disagreeing with the opinion of most friends and acquaintances.

Ever since finding this forum, I have been reading everything I could on different topics, trying to change my mindset, trying to change myself for the better. And for the most part, I managed to change the way I'm thinking, the way I interact with others, the things that are important to me.

One thing has been missing for me, and that is action.

The last few months I have been reading a lot of books, articles, forum posts in order to understand better what I want to do with my life. Even though I believe that is necessary, I really feel that I am action-faking, that I only get the feeling that I'm doing something for me, even though I don't walk in any direction.

The thing I want most is freedom from bosses and from a schedule, because I want to be there for my loved ones. I want to be able to free my mother from the Script, and be able to provide for my future family.

I'm sorry if this was all over the place, but I have been lurking this forum for so long and wanted to share my own story.

You guys have already helped me so much and I want to thank you for being awesome. I can't wait to be able to interact with this amazing group of people.

See you in the execution thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...