The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Things worth $100 million where profit guaranteed is at least $1 million immediately?

D

Deleted85763

Does anyone know of anything worth over $100 million that can be readily bought and sold for an immediate profit of $100 million. For example, oil tanker worth $$150 million. I buy it at $140 million and sell it immediately for $150 million immediately. As you can see the "thging" must be undervalued for an immediate profit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Why are you asking this?

D

Deleted85763

Why are you asking this?
Because this is the Fastlane, no? I'm looking for ideas to make it work. I have access to $100+ million cash to buy the thing, if I can show I will immediately profit.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
If it could be sold immediately for $150m then that's the market rate. Why would the original owner sell it to you for less than market rate? Where is your $10m value add?

This idea isn't Fastlane actually. Did you actually read MJs books?

D

Deleted85763

If it could be sold immediately for $150m then that's the market rate. Why would the original owner sell it to you for less than market rate? Where is your $10m value add?

No. What someone will pay for some assets can vary significantly. The more the market is not efficient the more significant the prices can be. For example, residential real estate has a known market. Prices are within a definite range. However, other assets, like an oil tanker, may vary wildly depending on circumstances.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA

I do this every week with real estate. Have had a few 6-figure flips. Nothing 7+ yet...

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I do this every week with real estate. Have had a few 6-figure flips. Nothing 7+ yet...
Without any improvements, renovations or anything? Can a business survive on what sounds like the "greater fool" theory?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jet or mega yacht broker? :rofl:

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
You can buy my IOU. It’s an NFT - if you wire the $100m, I’ll immediately transfer the NFT worth 10x maybe 1000x because I’m famous. Do we have a deal?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Pfffft. $100 million cash is kids play. Check out what I have. Come back when you have some real numbers20210907_151804.jpg

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
This music catalog is worth $1.5b so if you can get the seller to accept $100m you’ll have a profit of $1.4b

D

Deleted85763

Jet or mega yacht broker? :rofl:
The jet market is efficient. The Yacht market is less so. Great thinking though. I am looking for things that are less known, therefore the greater chance they are undervalued.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Because this is the Fastlane, no? I'm looking for ideas to make it work. I have access to $100+ million cash to buy the thing, if I can show I will immediately profit.
I would think someone who has access to $100 million in cash wouldn't be asking strangers on the internet how to use it.

Here's a nice one for $40 million.

D

Deleted85763

This music catalog is worth $1.5b so if you can get the seller to accept $100m you’ll have a profit of $1.4b

That's my music catalog! It's still for sale and you never know if it might sell!

D

Deleted85763

I would think someone who has access to $100 million in cash wouldn't be asking strangers on the internet how to use it.

Here's a nice one for $40 million.

Really? I am. I certify that I know one of the richest families in the world. In fact I met them on a public forum. You never know. Always treat everyone like they are the most important in the world.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
The jet market is efficient. The Yacht market is less so. Great thinking. I am looking for things that are less known, therefore the greater chance they are undervalued.
Marketing is a value skew. But in order for the business to not rely on greater fool (otherwise violating Control), you'd need to develop a process for finding those less known items, researching them to determine if you can flip them (otherwise violating Need), learning how to market them, negotiating with buyers and finally selling. Hardly "immediate" or "guaranteed", and violates the Time commandment unless you have people doing all that for you.

Now that I've written it, I think you COULD make a Fastlane business surrounding that premise. But of course, the $10-$100m profit when you sell would just be an event, not a process.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I don’t deny anything and try to treat everyone on an equal level.

But as some said, it’s a bit strange you have access to that kind of money yet no actual way of making money. That’s what people are trying to tell you.

Nothing wrong with shooting big, but maybe look a bit lower? You’d be surprised by how many ways money can be made.

D

Deleted85763

I don’t deny anything and try to treat everyone on an equal level.

But as some said, it’s a bit strange you have access to that kind of money yet no actual way of making money. That’s what people are trying to tell you.

Nothing wrong with shooting big, but maybe look a bit lower? You’d be surprised by how many ways money can be made.
Your premise is very good but is incorrect in the real world. You have to realize that just because I have access to such amounts and know influential people doesn't automatically mean that I can just "make" that kind of money. I have a "leg up" for sure, as you may be able to tell, but I'm here just getting possible ideas and sharing them, too.

My billionaire friend would never just pay me for doing "whatever". It has to be something of real value - something that earns money it self by income or one-time profit. Easier said than done BUT quite possible, if you have the know how.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Your premise is very good but is incorrect in the real world. You have to realize that just because I have access to such amounts and know influential people doesn't automatically mean that I can just "make" that kind of money. I have a "leg up" for sure, as you may be able to tell, but I'm here just getting possible ideas and sharing them, too.

My billionaire friend would never just pay me for doing "whatever". It has to be something of real value - something that earns money it self by income or one-time profit. Easier said than done BUT quite possible, if you have the know how.
Well I assumed he’d borrow you money to help you out. If not free then for a small commission, even though some might feel is pointless for him. Helping you out.

Wishing you well

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Without any improvements, renovations or anything? Can a business survive on what sounds like the "greater fool" theory?

Its a wholesale business model. Think about all the used cars that are traded in daily that go to auction once or twice before sold to an end user.

D

Deleted85763

Well I assumed he’d borrow you money to help you out. If not free then for a small commission, even though some might feel is pointless for him. Helping you out.

Wishing you well
Yes but I need something to buy first. He won't just give me money. I wouldn't take anyway (well, I probably would consider). I want to sell something and make a profit.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
I can sell you my business for $100M. I don't know if you could flip it for $110M though, we've done $6 in revenue since I started it 3 weeks ago :^)

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
I have come across commodity food trades for 100's of millions (think soybean etc), but you have to know the right people.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I bought the entire US arsenal left behind in Afghanistan from the Taliban for $60B; $28B less than the US paid for it before leaving it behind.

I was going to flip it for $100B but unfortunately I lost everything in a horrific boating accident. Simply tragic.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Find industries/markets that pay higher multiples when several 'units' of a business are bundled together.

Buy units at lower multiples.

Bundle units together and sell at higher multiple.

By unit I mean things like discrete business locations or businesses organizations.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Experience dictates the profit. Of course you can get lucky but knowing what you are doing is the driver. The business world is filled with sharks. The goal is to watch their pile of chips grow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.