The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Ukraine War, implications, outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
It has been estimated that 75% of Russian conventional forces are tied in this operation. Do you think they can continue that for decades? Putin is counting on this being a quick and relatively painless (for Russians) operation. A prolonged war could be catastrophic for him.
This can also be a catastrophe for the USA because of our national debt and collective hubris. If the dollar is thrown off of its throne, we'll instantly be bankrupt as a nation. That danger would seem to change our behavior and focus.

China is the wild card in all of this. They are watching Putin floundering in his quest while they gauge our reaction -- along with the reactions of the rest of the western nations. They are weighing how much trouble they can make in the world without awakening people's ire. They are happy to sit back and let Putin take the heat while he tests the waters and their behalf.

On the other hand, this could the event that causes a thinking realignment for us and our allies. it may cause a whole new direction in our purpose and thinking. Time will tell.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Time to open leveraged position to long gold.
If you feel ready to challenge The Powers That Be at their generational game...

troops told by Zelensky and his evil government to deliberately take positions around civilian buildings and hospitals etc., with their artillery setup all around these areas, to bait the Russians to attack them
Maybe. Certainly Azov is willing to sacrifice some commoners to avoid what the Russians have planned for them (before the mass grave).

Obviously if Kerensky were President of Ukraine, he would have personally driven off the Russians in his battlemech. He abides in Agartha, awaiting the time prophesied, when the Grays descend like locusts again on the Russian steppe.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 5

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
He abides in Agartha, awaiting the time prophesied, when the Grays descend like locusts again on the Russian steppe.

Comedy gold

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
It has been estimated that 75% of Russian conventional forces are tied in this operation.

Not sure what you mean by conventional forces. Most of the 100k-150k troops sent to Russia are conscripts and C/D quality teams while they still have 700k+ troops at home.

Looks like Iran just bombed the US consulate in Iraq. Fun times ahead.

Sorry, can't help but to chuckle at this. That was my first reaction.

China is the wild card in all of this. They are watching Putin floundering in his quest while they gauge our reaction -- along with the reactions of the rest of the western nations. They are weighing how much trouble they can make in the world without awakening people's ire. They are happy to sit back and let Putin take the heat while he tests the waters and their behalf.

Do students in the US have history textbooks that teach them that "China" is the antichrist, the 666, that it signals the coming of the end times, that China wants to ruin the world, China is the second coming of Nahzee Germany, and that China has invaded Cuba, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Panama, Afghanistan and did regime changes across the world? With all of these "info" drilled into young Americans' minds 24/7 for decades?

Do kids in the US wake up every night due to nightmares, and in their sleep, they scream "mummy mummy!!!! China big bad monster is catching me!!!"

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Do students in the US have history textbooks that teach them that "China" is the antichrist, the 666, that it signals the coming of the end times, that China wants to ruin the world, China is the second coming of Nahzee Germany, and that China has invaded Cuba, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Panama, Afghanistan and did regime changes across the world? With all of these "info" drilled into young Americans' minds 24/7 for decades?

Do kids in the US wake up every night due to nightmares, and in their sleep, they scream "mummy mummy!!!! China big bad monster is catching me!!!"

When I went to school as a kid, China was a mysterious, backward, closed country full of down-trodden farming peasants. So, I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.

I was commenting on how the current political climate has made for strange bedfellows.

I think that the recent alliance between Russia and China is going to be short-lived. Both leaders have amazing egos and their nations have been at each other's throats for centuries. I don't think that either man can go from institutionalized distrust to being friends without them trying to one-up each other. The two countries aren't evenly matched, which will further cause a deeper rift. Each of these men is hanging on to his power through fiat orders -- making them really similar in their mindsets. That type of thinking does not leave much room in his thinking for the other guy.

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Desperate empires are dangerous.

The US empire is desperate because falling. China should be securely rising, but has unfortunately poisoned her land and water. Plenty of that elsewhere, of course...

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
If you feel ready to challenge The Powers That Be at their generational game...
China and Russia owned a lot more gold than the official number stated.

Latest development is that Iran is getting active again.

Last edited:

Schonox

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 25, 2019
My best friend is in politics, tried to become a mayor of our city, and some of my friends are also part of Azov. So let's say I do have some insight on what's going on. But none of them predicted Putin bombing country.
Yeah, men are not allowed to leave the country as of right now. Not sure about the AK47 part lol, but they gave out guns to civilians who were ready to fight.
How we all see this: Putin wants USSR back. Belarus and Kazakhstan. Now to complete the puzzle he needed Ukraine. Unfortunately for him, we didn't give up in a few days like he anticipated.
That's the only positive thing on my mind now. He already lost. He's f*cked. Russia's f*cked.
(Obviously, I am also sure West plays a huge role in this whole situation, being passively aggressive heh.)

Sucks to have friends like that.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
The propaganda is off the charts, people are literally crazy right now, it's the Putin Derangement Syndrome. Russian-speaking people in European countries are being harassed on the streets. Our newspapers are writing about this. And I know of an older Russian lady that was harassed this week in the mall by a group of people because they thought she had a Russian accent. They demanded proof from her that she's not Russian. And the perpetrators weren't even nationalists, they had a Muslim woman among them. Crazy stuff.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
The propaganda is off the charts, people are literally crazy right now, it's the Putin Derangement Syndrome. Russian-speaking people in European countries are being harassed on the streets. Our newspapers are writing about this. And I know of an older Russian lady that was harassed this week in the mall by a group of people because they thought she had a Russian accent. They demanded proof from her that she's not Russian. And the perpetrators weren't even nationalists, they had a Muslim woman among them. Crazy stuff.
Where is this? I have a feeling that some countries are worse than others. I know for example Denmark is absolutely insane. Probably the most russophobic country in Europe. My Russian born parents have lived there for 30 years. Integrated into society. And now I honestly fear for their safety. Will try to get them out when possible. Don't want them to spend the last part of their lives walking around in fear and being hated by the majority of the population. Like in the main library of the city they have a statue of Pushkin. My mom went there the other day, and sent me a picture of Pushkin's face covered with a bed sheet. When will they start burning Russian books?

I am in a Southern country. So far my wife and I haven't had any issues. Hope it stays this way. People here seems different. Heard a lot of Russian language in the streets the last days. Don't look like Russians are living in fear here. But can admit that we are more cautious. And also looking for other countries to flee to in case everything gets real bad and we also start fearing for our lives. I hope it will not get to that though as we really love our new country and the people here.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
I can't belive people blame an entire nationality for the actions of their government. That is crazy. Imagine if I was to blame for the actions of the argentinian government, just shoot me already lol.
People have become mad. It's not long ago that people wished death upon others for refusing to take an experimental drug against a mild flu (talking about Omicron here).

Let's talk about some positive news though. Peace talks are progressing and they expect to maybe be able to sign something in the next 2-3 days. The only issue is that many powerful players probably do not want this peace deal. Are we going to see something insane happen in the next couple of days?

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Just realized that I am probably the number one mass-murderer in the world. I am an un-vaxxed Russian with Ukrainian roots who spent most of his life in NATO territory.

So basically I am responsible of Putin's invasion of Ukraine. Also Azov's shelling of Donbass. Yemen, Afghanistan and Iraq is also on my conscience. And sorry for killing your grandmothers in the last couple of years. I am a monster.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Just realized that I am probably the number one mass-murderer in the world. I am an un-vaxxed Russian with Ukrainian roots who spent most of his life in NATO territory.

So basically I am responsible of Putin's invasion of Ukraine. Also Azov's shelling of Donbass. Yemen, Afghanistan and Iraq is also on my conscience. And sorry for killing your grandmothers in the last couple of years. I am a monster.

No, you're just a random person making a poor attempt at being clever.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
No, you're just a random person making a poor attempt at being clever.
Honestly, you are right. Glad you pointed that out. It was a childish post. Just hope for an end to all of this soon.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Russia could sell pirated software and reverse engineered medical drug globally.

Trillion dollar loss for global corporations that rely on intellectual property rights.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Let's talk about some positive news though. Peace talks are progressing and they expect to maybe be able to sign something in the next 2-3 days. The only issue is that many powerful players probably do not want this peace deal. Are we going to see something insane happen in the next couple of days?

They've been talking about positive developments since the very first talks some weeks back. Not too optimistic about this. Zelensky takes orders from the US and the latter doesn't want to compromise.

What's new? I remember reading last year about the US budgeting $138 million just for propaganda against China. They have obviously allocated more funds for propaganda against Russia.

The US ability to print unlimited money to wage wars against its foes has to end, and the world has to shift gradually away from the US dollar like it or not. It is this ability to print unlimited money to do whatever they want in the world with no one to reign them in, is the reason for the chaos across the world today. This is like playing a game with unlimited money cheat code.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Russia could sell pirated software and reverse engineered medical drug globally.

Trillion dollar loss for global corporations that rely on intellectual property rights.

Good news! Can't wait to get free Adobe software and other goodies without the monthly subscription fees! I can already see how this will benefit Ukrainians as well.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Good news! Can't wait to get free Adobe software and other goodies without the monthly subscription fees! I can already see how this will benefit Ukrainians as well.
A lot of file sharing sites that we saw in early 2000s could be hosted in Russia again.

India has cheap medical service due to the fact that they do not recognize drug patents.

Russia might become the next biomedical hub for treatment. Most of the pharma patents are in the hands of U.S. and U.K. which are "unfriendly nations" by Russian definition.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
A lot of file sharing sites that we saw in early 2000s could be hosted in Russia again.

India has cheap medical service due to the fact that they do not recognize drug patents.

Russia might become the next biomedical hub for treatment. Most of the pharma patents are in the hands of U.S. and U.K. which are "unfriendly nations" by Russian definition.

Singapore is also in the list of "unfriendly nations" but I doubt this patent thing will affect us as we don't have any significant patents lol

Medical costs here are rising fast and it would be good if we can be like India in this regard.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
My take since last posting.

Russia - My sense is that the casualties are high even for the Russian military, I am still perplexed why they are not employing their full battle capabilities, we saw the airstrikes in the west of Ukraine with standoff missiles was pretty effective. Something is off here, it's almost like Russia wants this impression that they are floundering, I have been suspicious of why they are not employing a scorched earth policy to minimize casualties on their side, brutal but that's their MO.

I'm starting to see some maneuvering on the Russia side internationally and it looks like Russia wants to drag China into the fight both diplomatically/economically/militarily(hardware mostly symbolic). This is going to put China in a bind if they refuse because it could destabilize Russia, and if Putin and the hardliners fall Russia has the potential to become a vassal state of the U.S and there goes the energy China needs as well as a whole new Ukraine vassal state right next to them.

I would not underestimate Putin here and the Russian leadership, if this is indeed the case we may get a cease fire soon, as if the U.S thinks China will back Putin solidly/publicly they may get Zelensky to back off as it is not in the interest of the U.S for China to publicly/substantially back Putin, it would mean a real challenge to U.S hegemony and pieces of the world order would fall sooner than planned for.

United States - Things are getting tricky for the United States in this scenario, the Iran ballistic missile attack on structures in Iraq which were very close to U.S installations is a message that other actors are willing to escalate. I wouldn't rule out a NK nuke test or further ballistic missile tests in the near future as they take advantage of the chaos.

Trouble Spots for the U.S:
- The Pentagon - The military leadership seems to be wary of escalation and it looks like they shot down the idea of transferring the fighter planes to Ukraine. The escalation ladder has reached its last rung for now in Ukraine, nothing further can be done for Ukraine. However, this standard set in Ukraine is not going to be applicable for countries like Iran/NK, it looks like some of the leadership especially the neocons want a war anywhere really, Iran/NK/Ukraine, etc. However, the west has now set a very open standard that shipping in MANPADS/SAMs/Anti Tank Missiles/etc. in large quantities is acceptable in proxy conflicts. This is going to cost U.S/Western military lives in the next proxy conflict as countries like Russia/Iran/China have been hesitant to provide these in large numbers, as seen in Ukraine for fear of escalation, these systems are deadly against modern militaries. The biggest weapons the U.S has faced in the last major wars have been RPG and AK-47s and homemade roadside bombs, that era is now over. Expect these weapons to start showing up in Iraq/Syria and used against the U.S military there.

- The State Department - This is the entity that is supposed to be pushing for diplomatic solutions but in terms of Ukraine/China/other countries, it has become an arms broker and an economic warfare department. This is the most dangerous entity in the U.S government that seems to be edging the U.S towards further engagement/escalation in Ukraine and anywhere really and declaring some type of economic war on China if they support Russia. Other agencies like the Pentagon/CIA seem to be very mindful of escalation while the state department seems to want a war anywhere really.

- Biden - I don't have a sense of where this guy stands in terms of anything really, him and his son are very closely linked to Ukraine and their scandals before this war even started, he used to be a big war hawk, but seems to be pushing for deescalation also, has been very firm in saying no direct boots on the ground so I give him credit for that.

- India/Israel/Iran/NK/Saudia Arabia/etc. - These countries are going to become a headache for the U.S as they are all pursuing their own military/economic/political interests apart from U.S goals. Israel wants to preserve the status quo before the war, and works closely with Russia in the Middle East with respect to holding down Iran/Syria. A diminished Russia is bad news for Israel as Russia/China will want to use Iran and Syria as a proxy agains the U.S and they are about to start getting better tactical weapons as I outlined above, heck we already saw that with the ballistic missile launches against Iraq, the explosions looked pretty big and honestly scary how fast those ballistic missile warheads came in on the videos. Israel is most likely pushing Zelensky to negotiate. Israel maintains economic ties with China as they seem to be hedging that China will become a major power that will eclipse the USA or be a near peer.

India - I did not expect this from them as they seem to have been growing close to the U.S but it looks like the massive sanctions on Russia gave them cold feet, the Indians seem to sense that the U.S will not let them become a great economic and military power in the Pacific/Indian Ocean either. So it seems they are running the same calculus and coming to the same rough conclusion as the Russians and the Chinese. It looks like they don't consider themselves a vassal state, I thought they had made the full transition under Trump, but perhaps they took Trump at face value, that he didn't want to expand the empire.

Iran - This Ukraine mess is a boon for them, the sanctions regime that was largely abided by China and Russia is now dead it looks like. They are now a valuable chess piece to Russia and China and the sanctions stronghold is most likely over. Heck they might get the Russians to help them build up a nuclear weapons program now. People are forgetting that Russia becoming an international pariah means they have little to lose by help NK/Iran and whomever else wants to jump into their sphere for nuclear know how. The U.S seems to be rushing for an Iran deal but Iran has regional dominance aspirations and doesn't want to be a vassal state, so they most likely don't want a deal either.

Saudi Arabia - A big loser in all this, a better armed Iran and perhaps nuclear is around the corner, a better armed militia in Yemen is around the corner also, meanwhile as a vassal state of the U.S it cannot go nuclear. It might explain why they are not taking Biden's calls but are talking to Putin.

Ukraine - Still getting torn to shreds as a country, infrastructure getting demolished, however "they are winning". Cruel and ironic but the war in Ukraine really has nothing to do with Ukraine from a strategic standpoint, fate has simply chosen them as the next Vietnam/Iraq/Aghanistan/etc.

Long summary, my thoughts, hope you get value out of them, I have studied these regions/countries for many years and enjoy reading about history and the different actors. The better informed we are as a population the better decisions we can make and the better country we can be. The USA is a great country but it must be aware that it is part of a global community made up of countries with their own sovereign ambitions.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
My take since last posting.

Russia - My sense is that the casualties are high even for the Russian military, I am still perplexed why they are not employing their full battle capabilities, we saw the airstrikes in the west of Ukraine with standoff missiles was pretty effective. Something is off here, it's almost like Russia wants this impression that they are floundering, I have been suspicious of why they are not employing a scorched earth policy to minimize casualties on their side, brutal but that's their MO.

I'm starting to see some maneuvering on the Russia side internationally and it looks like Russia wants to drag China into the fight both diplomatically/economically/militarily(hardware mostly symbolic). This is going to put China in a bind if they refuse because it could destabilize Russia, and if Putin and the hardliners fall Russia has the potential to become a vassal state of the U.S and there goes the energy China needs as well as a whole new Ukraine vassal state right next to them.

I would not underestimate Putin here and the Russian leadership, if this is indeed the case we may get a cease fire soon, as if the U.S thinks China will back Putin solidly/publicly they may get Zelensky to back off as it is not in the interest of the U.S for China to publicly/substantially back Putin, it would mean a real challenge to U.S hegemony and pieces of the world order would fall sooner than planned for.

United States - Things are getting tricky for the United States in this scenario, the Iran ballistic missile attack on structures in Iraq which were very close to U.S installations is a message that other actors are willing to escalate. I wouldn't rule out a NK nuke test or further ballistic missile tests in the near future as they take advantage of the chaos.

Trouble Spots for the U.S:
- The Pentagon - The military leadership seems to be wary of escalation and it looks like they shot down the idea of transferring the fighter planes to Ukraine. The escalation ladder has reached its last rung for now in Ukraine, nothing further can be done for Ukraine. However, this standard set in Ukraine is not going to be applicable for countries like Iran/NK, it looks like some of the leadership especially the neocons want a war anywhere really, Iran/NK/Ukraine, etc. However, the west has now set a very open standard that shipping in MANPADS/SAMs/Anti Tank Missiles/etc. in large quantities is acceptable in proxy conflicts. This is going to cost U.S/Western military lives in the next proxy conflict as countries like Russia/Iran/China have been hesitant to provide these in large numbers, as seen in Ukraine for fear of escalation, these systems are deadly against modern militaries. The biggest weapons the U.S has faced in the last major wars have been RPG and AK-47s and homemade roadside bombs, that era is now over. Expect these weapons to start showing up in Iraq/Syria and used against the U.S military there.

- The State Department - This is the entity that is supposed to be pushing for diplomatic solutions but in terms of Ukraine/China/other countries, it has become an arms broker and an economic warfare department. This is the most dangerous entity in the U.S government that seems to be edging the U.S towards further engagement/escalation in Ukraine and anywhere really and declaring some type of economic war on China if they support Russia. Other agencies like the Pentagon/CIA seem to be very mindful of escalation while the state department seems to want a war anywhere really.

- Biden - I don't have a sense of where this guy stands in terms of anything really, him and his son are very closely linked to Ukraine and their scandals before this war even started, he used to be a big war hawk, but seems to be pushing for deescalation also, has been very firm in saying no direct boots on the ground so I give him credit for that.

- India/Israel/Iran/NK/Saudia Arabia/etc. - These countries are going to become a headache for the U.S as they are all pursuing their own military/economic/political interests apart from U.S goals. Israel wants to preserve the status quo before the war, and works closely with Russia in the Middle East with respect to holding down Iran/Syria. A diminished Russia is bad news for Israel as Russia/China will want to use Iran and Syria as a proxy agains the U.S and they are about to start getting better tactical weapons as I outlined above, heck we already saw that with the ballistic missile launches against Iraq, the explosions looked pretty big and honestly scary how fast those ballistic missile warheads came in on the videos. Israel is most likely pushing Zelensky to negotiate. Israel maintains economic ties with China as they seem to be hedging that China will become a major power that will eclipse the USA or be a near peer.

India - I did not expect this from them as they seem to have been growing close to the U.S but it looks like the massive sanctions on Russia gave them cold feet, the Indians seem to sense that the U.S will not let them become a great economic and military power in the Pacific/Indian Ocean either. So it seems they are running the same calculus and coming to the same rough conclusion as the Russians and the Chinese. It looks like they don't consider themselves a vassal state, I thought they had made the full transition under Trump, but perhaps they took Trump at face value, that he didn't want to expand the empire.

Iran - This Ukraine mess is a boon for them, the sanctions regime that was largely abided by China and Russia is now dead it looks like. They are now a valuable chess piece to Russia and China and the sanctions stronghold is most likely over. Heck they might get the Russians to help them build up a nuclear weapons program now. People are forgetting that Russia becoming an international pariah means they have little to lose by help NK/Iran and whomever else wants to jump into their sphere for nuclear know how. The U.S seems to be rushing for an Iran deal but Iran has regional dominance aspirations and doesn't want to be a vassal state, so they most likely don't want a deal either.

Saudi Arabia - A big loser in all this, a better armed Iran and perhaps nuclear is around the corner, a better armed militia in Yemen is around the corner also, meanwhile as a vassal state of the U.S it cannot go nuclear. It might explain why they are not taking Biden's calls but are talking to Putin.

Ukraine - Still getting torn to shreds as a country, infrastructure getting demolished, however "they are winning". Cruel and ironic but the war in Ukraine really has nothing to do with Ukraine from a strategic standpoint, fate has simply chosen them as the next Vietnam/Iraq/Aghanistan/etc.

Long summary, my thoughts, hope you get value out of them, I have studied these regions/countries for many years and enjoy reading about history and the different actors. The better informed we are as a population the better decisions we can make and the better country we can be. The USA is a great country but it must be aware that it is part of a global community made up of countries with their own sovereign ambitions.
A fast victory with carpet bombing that destroys all major Ukraine cities would come with minimum Russian death. Russia is trying to avoid high Ukrainian civilian casualties, which would damage the moral argument for their strike. The narrative was that Ukrainians are just Russian brothers and sister who are hijacked by the hostile west and a minority of Ukrainian neo nazi.

This attitude and approach will work if there is low resistance will from the Ukranian armed force. But right now we have yet to see massive surrender from Ukrainian army. So when the Russian patience wears off (slow progress and climbing Russian death) we might see a different approach.

The hard question is how do you get the Ukrainian foot soldiers hiding inside civilian dense apartment to surrender, without using carpet bombing. The Chenchen fighters and Syrian fighters who have vast experience in urban warfare will be put into good use.

Urban warfare will be quite bloody and still incur a high civilian death. The average Russian soldier probably is not willing to engage in such operation that results in high Ukrainian civilian casualty, partly due to drinking the cool aid from Kremlin narrative that they are the liberators and Ukrainians are their brothers.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Iran - People are forgetting that Russia becoming an international pariah means they have little to lose by help NK/Iran and whomever else wants to jump into their sphere for nuclear know how.

Helping NK to greatly improve their nukes program is not a bad thing for Asia.

In the event that China gets militarily involved with Taiwan somehow someday, and US militarily backs Taiwan, and seeing how US has military bases in their Asian vassal states Japan and South Korea, a nuke-capable NK will help to deter these 2 obedient Asian vassal states of the US.

Asia needs a strong counter-American presence to balance the power sphere to prevent Uncle Sam from "liberating" us with American-style "freedom and democracy" (and we all know what it means).

Hypocrisy on display here. The US can supply military weapons to Ukraine to prolong the war and indirectly cause more Ukrainians to die, but China can't do the same lol

Second thing. If the reports are true that US has biolabs in Ukraine (was it 30+ or 330+?), then Western media has been very quiet on reporting this. If this was Chinese or Russian biolabs, the entire Western-sphere media would greatly exaggerate and falsify headlines like:

"BREAKING : Chinese biolabs found in Ukraine; shady viral experiments suspected"

"THIS JUST IN : Russia to use biowarfare against Ukrainians"

"Chinese biolabs discovered; China behind Russia's invasion of Ukraine"

And all the influencers and celebs would hop onto this, and chant the same thing Uncle Sam wants them to chant lol

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Can we believe, what we hear and read about it?

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
China won't take Russia, this is laughable. How would they accomplish this? You think they'll subdue 145 million people? And what about nuclear weapons? China as a boogey-man is mostly propaganda. Russia can only become a vassal state from the inside. Just like the Ukraine did in 2014 or like Germany did after the war.
The west is the bigger evil for Russia ... but I am pretty sure the role of China worries Putin almost as much. The special operation costs Russia enough that their economic independence is threatened ... and any favors will have to be repaid.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014

Really enjoy your observations. Please keep up with the updates!

This actually breaks my heart man. Superpowers deciding on which country should be destroyed in order to fight each other. The only thing those poor people did wrong is that they were born within some made up borders. While us who were born within some other made up borders can sit on a Saturday evening in the sun and enjoy a beer in peace. And the only reason is that we were born different places.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I can't belive people blame an entire nationality for the actions of their government. That is crazy. Imagine if I was to blame for the actions of the argentinian government, just shoot me already lol.
welcome to clown world..

they watch anti-racist shit all day on TV, but then practice racism. it's mind-blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.