The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The TWR Tactic: Easy, transformative, powerful...

Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
From the Life in the Fastlane newsletter...

Some of your life's most seismic shifts are as simple as flipping a switch. We're talking about the unicorn of tactics: easy yet transformational. Yes, this ever-elusive combination is HERE right now, just for you! And you can have it all for three easy payments of $399! LOL, I'm just messing with you; it's FREE (A little Hormozi impersonation, if you will.)

Today, I'm unveiling the TWR Tactic, a gem that transformed my early twenties trainwrecks into a robust foundation for my adult years.

TWR stands for Transformative Word Rephrasing.

Here's the thing: I gave "money" the boot from my mental lexicon years ago. Oh sure, the word makes guest appearances in my writing, while shopping, and in casual banter. But in the caverns of my mind? Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Instead, I renamed and rephrased "money" into "value vouchers."

So when I was 22 with $500 in my bank account, I wasn't mentally cursing about how I needed to work longer hours to make more money. No, I told myself I needed to create more value to earn more value vouchers.

For me, money transformed into a measure of value creation, a scoreboard of how much value I brought into the world—not a form of monetary exchange. My net worth was a function of the value I created.

This simple mind hack transforms you from being another blind sheep in a money-chasing culture to becoming a value-creating samurai. And money magically follows.

Over the years, readers of Unscripted (my 2nd book) have emailed me in mass to report that this reframing concept of money to value vouchers was instrumental in their progress.

You can use TWR anytime in your life. Got a problem? Nope, you've got a challenge, my friend. It's not a glitch; it's a feature—a gateway to your next win.

Here's a cheat sheet of my personal lexicon surgery you can steal for immediate use:

- Money → Value Vouchers
- Problem → Challenge, Stepping Stone, Opportunity
- Weakness → Area for Improvement
- Save/Sacrifice → Future Investment
- Work → Business Investment
- Study → Knowledge Investment
- Workout → Health Investment
- Criticism → Constructive Feedback
- Failure → Wisdom or Learning Experience
- Victim → Survivor

Words aren't just squiggles on a page or sound in the air; they're the architects of your inner world. If TWR has you hooked, it's old news, coming from Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), a field that's been part of my toolbox for years. Do a deep dive at Google or Amazon, and you'll find a swath of resources.

Change your vocabulary, and you're not just editing text; you're rewriting your life script.

~ MJ

PS: A classic example of this in action can be found in this post regarding a scarcity and abundance mindset.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

John TenBrink

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jan 26, 2018
Raleigh
Words aren't just squiggles on a page or sound in the air; they're the architects of your inner world.
Probably THE most important post in The Fastlane Forum. If you don't train your mind, you end up a train wreck. How we speak to ourselves and others sets the stage for achievement, health, joy, etc.

ElenaPatrice

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 13, 2023
Front Royal, VA
Word hold so much power ... they make, they break. Doesn't matter what age or lot in life. They transform.

Ahhh, it's been so long since I've heard someone mention Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)! Brings me right back my early years riding in my 'shit-vette' in the remotest part of rural TN selling encyclopedias (yep, that reveals I'm ancient!). It didn't have a radio, so I had a boombox with a cassette player and would pile all my cassette 9 x 12 boxes of Zig and Tracy and the man himself, Earl and a slew of others and looked for their inspiration as I hawked and squawked my way to the next appointment.

Weirdly, I look back fondly on those days for so many reasons (none of which are because of success though that's for sure ;) ). I think it's what that time taught me, how totally alone I was on that journey, and how I still use so much of TWR. Admittedly, I did get lost for a good while in the slow lane and those words were deliberately shut out. But in my best Celine Dion impersonation, 'It's all coming back to me now'! Yesss!

Both Fastlane and Unscripted have transformed my entire thought process and path!! I cannot be thankful enough or say enough!!

And for the power of words again ... well, this is a worthy watch! Enjoy! :)

View: https://youtu.be/xwbI8VOsDTo?si=KgXSw71fHDEe_1DQ

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 1, 2023
When people ask me the typical throwaway question of 'How are you?', I always reply with 'Phenomenal!'. Not my idea - I took it from Tony Robbins' 'transformational vocabulary'.

This takes people off-guard and immediately puts them in a positive frame of mind. I feel it leads to more interesting and engaging conversations than we would have had otherwise.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Shocker: I got hate mail from this newsletter because someone actually thought I was charging $1,200 for more some NLP course. Can people not read anymore? People, stay off social media, it is killing your ability to read, focus, and comprehend.

A

Anon45x4yB

Shocker: I got hate mail from this newsletter because someone actually thought I was charging $1,200 for more some NLP course. Can people not read anymore? People, stay off social media, it is killing your ability to read, focus, and comprehend.
Nowadays, working our ability to focus on a task (reading, writing, listening) more than 5 minutes gives you a valuable advantage. It is as exciting than creepy ...

kiwiana

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 7, 2017
Words aren't just squiggles on a page or sound in the air; they're the architects of your inner world. If TWR has you hooked, know that it's a star player in the grander game of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), a field that's been part of my toolbox for years. Go ahead, feed your curiosity with a deep dive at Google or Amazon, and you'll find a swath of resources.
Loved this email newsletter. I was thinking NLP as I read through your lexicon list. And sure enough, you're an experienced practitioner. This makes a lot of sense now how you're able to consistently upgrade your mindset. Thanks for the suggested list to start. Another one I loved was instead of asking "Why am I stuck/poor/can't pay for X?" ask "How can I be financially independent so that I can achieve Y or Z?". The mind finds a way.

Rauschmi

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 7, 2021
Oceanside, CA
Now I will just take this lexicon and create some wall art to have them always displayed and kept on my mind until it is a habit to think this way. Keeping stuff like this visible for you every day will definitely help you transition your mindset quicker.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

John.1
I don't know why you posted this quote from the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible, but I would like to draw attention to the fact that the Greek word translated as it appears in the KJV is Logos, which according to Greek Scholars (such as Thayer or Vine) means: "a concept or idea - a saying of God., i.e., decree, mandate, or order."

Thayer expanded his definition by saying: " Christ was not the word, but as V14 reads: the Word made flesh."

In order to avoid continuing to breach the forum rule that religion is not for discussion, I invite any discussion to be addressed to me at extempus@yahoo.com.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.