The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The story of Sharlene Barns

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
No experience? No worries: How Sharlene Barnes created $1.8 million app, Skool Loop - SmartCompany

I read an interesting story linked above that some of you might find an interesting read Sharlene Barnes hustled away and grinded obviously but you can see the EVENT being told by the journalist the process is there, but the article focuses mostly on the EVENT and end result.

''All it takes is an idea. Sharlene Barnes had exactly that — an idea that had stuck in her head ever since her children started attending school.'' - (no it takes more than the idea execution is king)

''It’s never easy to change career paths, but after two bouts of melanoma, Sharlene decided life was too short not to chase her dreams and not so long down the path, she created one of the most in-demand education apps in Australia and New Zealand.'' ( Sharlene had an FTE because of a cancer diagnosis)

''Proving age is just a number when it comes to entrepreneurship, at the age of 45 Barnes put her ideas down onto an A4 piece of paper and started to formulate what she envisioned her app to look like.

“I knew there had to be a better way than what we were currently doing, I just needed better technology… I knew the technology I needed when the idea came to me wasn’t mainstream,” she says.'' (proves the fastlane doesn't care about your age)

“Coding is like a whole other language … I tried to get a lot of information beforehand but I said to them, ‘this is what I want’ and left it in their capable hands she says.

There were plenty of times where they came back to me and said we can’t do that, so I asked them, ‘well, what can we do?’, and made it work from there. ( she didn't know how to code so she paid someone who did also she acted, assessed and adjusted)

Accumulating 15 years of sales knowledge in her publishing career, Barnes didn’t have too much trouble raising the funds needed to get the app off the ground, after investing $10,000 of her own money. (Has skills in Sales which MJ says is a great skills to succeed in the fastlane)

“I took a chance and it could go one way or the other … thankfully it went the right way!”
(RISK, gotta risk it to get the biscuit)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Ha, yes I love their opening line:

No experience? No worries:
"All it takes is an idea."

To bastardise a popular phase "Ideas are like assholes; everyone has them".

They condense all the hard work, all the doubts, all the money draining away with no guarantee of a return to something of insignificance. I know they probably only have a limited word count but they make it sound so easy.

No wonder so many ill prepared people plough their redundancy cheques and savings into ill fated businesses with little forethought as to whether the market wants their dream product or not.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.