- Joined
- May 17, 2014
- Messages
- 32
Rep Bank
$270
$270
User Power: 297%
Sunday is typically known as the day of rest. However, today I worked.
Last night (read: 1am this morning), I began to take action (thanks again to @IceCreamKid on this forum post). And it feltgood great.
PLAN: The goal is to interview 100 influential people in social media, create a free article/mini-manifesto, turn that into an email subscriber list, which will eventually lead to a product getting made that solves a need in this niche (social media). Before I begin posting the interviews, I plan on writing some guest posts about social media that lead to some buzz getting built about this site. This will be a long process where I will provide a ton of value to people before I ever see any profit. I will probably not make money this month, but I plan to learn invaluable things about myself and about social media.
PURPOSE: This thread is being started for a few reasons: 1) to keep me accountable with progress, 2) to teach, 3) to learn. I truly believe that by simply reporting the facts of my day-to-day operation, I will be able to help others and help myself (from the advice of others).
What did I do today? (May 18, 2014)
What did I learn today?
Last night (read: 1am this morning), I began to take action (thanks again to @IceCreamKid on this forum post). And it felt
PLAN: The goal is to interview 100 influential people in social media, create a free article/mini-manifesto, turn that into an email subscriber list, which will eventually lead to a product getting made that solves a need in this niche (social media). Before I begin posting the interviews, I plan on writing some guest posts about social media that lead to some buzz getting built about this site. This will be a long process where I will provide a ton of value to people before I ever see any profit. I will probably not make money this month, but I plan to learn invaluable things about myself and about social media.
PURPOSE: This thread is being started for a few reasons: 1) to keep me accountable with progress, 2) to teach, 3) to learn. I truly believe that by simply reporting the facts of my day-to-day operation, I will be able to help others and help myself (from the advice of others).
What did I do today? (May 18, 2014)
- Bought domain name, hosting, privacy protection, SiteLock ($212.76) and threw a nice Thesis theme on it ($254). I probably didn't need to do the latter, but I truly believe my content must look superb.
- Contacted 17 influential people in the social media community about an interview.
- Set up LeadPages for my pre-launch ($37).
- Set up MailCheat(Chimp) for email.
- Set up Facebook and Twitter accounts for my site... I am interviewing social media site after all.
What did I learn today?
- Although I have yet to interview anyone, I had a couple of stunning realizations about how great this method that I am about to implement actually is:
- I get free information on how to solve problems in social media from people who have been doing it for years. This will help with product development down the line.
- Because I now have this expert on the phone for an interview, I can pitch them for a guest post and/or build a relationship/connection with them.
- Researching these people will allow me to learn more about social media. I do have a base knowledge, but I will gain even further understanding once I talk to these people about their own writing and careers.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
