In marketing circles ... everyone always talks about the importance of building lists.
The premise being ... if someone visits your page ... then leaves your page ... and you don't know who they are ... you have no way of doing any follow-up marketing to them.
So you always want to do something to induce them to part with their contact information.
Makes sense.
But what if they don't bite at the apple ...?
I thought about that for a while ... and asked myself:
If someone leaves my site without giving me their contact information ... what is the next best thing I can hope they do instead ...?
Bookmark the site. Add it to their list of favorites.
Because if they do that ... I have (in essence) a semi-permanent billboard in their browser.
So while sitting in the airport ... or wherever ... bored and scrolling through their bookmarks ... there is a chance they will see that bookmark ... click on it ... and there you go ... second shot at the apple.
Costs me nothing.
And without that bookmark ... well ... odds are I am out of sight and out of mind.
So consider adding a second call to action ... "Bookmark this Site" ... or "Add to Favorites"
It's less threatening. Requires less commitment. And its just might land you a second (or third) impression.
For what it's worth ... I thought I'd share.
The premise being ... if someone visits your page ... then leaves your page ... and you don't know who they are ... you have no way of doing any follow-up marketing to them.
So you always want to do something to induce them to part with their contact information.
Makes sense.
But what if they don't bite at the apple ...?
I thought about that for a while ... and asked myself:
If someone leaves my site without giving me their contact information ... what is the next best thing I can hope they do instead ...?
Bookmark the site. Add it to their list of favorites.
Because if they do that ... I have (in essence) a semi-permanent billboard in their browser.
So while sitting in the airport ... or wherever ... bored and scrolling through their bookmarks ... there is a chance they will see that bookmark ... click on it ... and there you go ... second shot at the apple.
Costs me nothing.
And without that bookmark ... well ... odds are I am out of sight and out of mind.
So consider adding a second call to action ... "Bookmark this Site" ... or "Add to Favorites"
It's less threatening. Requires less commitment. And its just might land you a second (or third) impression.
For what it's worth ... I thought I'd share.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
