gfinance
New Contributor
Okay, so in my last thread I had asked for suggestion about whether or not I should get a roommate or not. Well, after much thought and talking it over with the girlfriend we had set out to find one and within 2 days we found someone and she is moving in on oct 11th.
Now, I do trust this girl and the best part is that she has a BA in business! When I found out I started looking at this as a possible business investment (does that seem wrong?). She knows how to write business plans and all of the other things that I am learning about on my own. I feel like I hit a goldmine!
So, my question is this. I have a business idea that I have done research on and I'm pretty confident that no one has come up with this idea/solution. It's a mix between online business and your typical business. The potential this business has is the sky as there is a huge market out there for it and NO solutions or companies like it (at least that my research has shown but I will be doing more). My girlfriend not only thinks it is a multimillion dollar business but a billion dollar one.
When I was doing my research I came across a ton of forums people asking for this and sadly many others said,"No, sorry I was looking for the same thing but there is nothing out there like that."
So, again, back to my question. Since I don't know much about this person yet but she DOES have a degree in business I want to talk to her about it but at the same time if she doesn't want to come on board is there a way I can protect my idea? That is how confident I am this will work. Not only that if she does come on board how are partnerships and others experience in working with others in them? What are some things I should look out for? Any advice?
Thanks for the help!
I'm beyond excited! Oh, and the reason she needs a roommate is that she can't find a job and has been looking with no luck.
Now, I do trust this girl and the best part is that she has a BA in business! When I found out I started looking at this as a possible business investment (does that seem wrong?). She knows how to write business plans and all of the other things that I am learning about on my own. I feel like I hit a goldmine!
So, my question is this. I have a business idea that I have done research on and I'm pretty confident that no one has come up with this idea/solution. It's a mix between online business and your typical business. The potential this business has is the sky as there is a huge market out there for it and NO solutions or companies like it (at least that my research has shown but I will be doing more). My girlfriend not only thinks it is a multimillion dollar business but a billion dollar one.
When I was doing my research I came across a ton of forums people asking for this and sadly many others said,"No, sorry I was looking for the same thing but there is nothing out there like that."
So, again, back to my question. Since I don't know much about this person yet but she DOES have a degree in business I want to talk to her about it but at the same time if she doesn't want to come on board is there a way I can protect my idea? That is how confident I am this will work. Not only that if she does come on board how are partnerships and others experience in working with others in them? What are some things I should look out for? Any advice?
Thanks for the help!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
