The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

possible business idea?

Idea threads

confuser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 26, 2023
i had a business idea which is similar to this website Art of Play is a Modern Wonder Emporium, a Place to Discover Magic basically the website just sells stuff that people make like individual small time artists or youtubers or whatever else, it raises attention to those peoples stuff and if you buy it through art of play it gives them profit through the usual things of buying in bulk and upping the price a bit.
basically it would be instead of the things on that website it would just be stuff that beats out most products in its category that are made by smaller people and emphasize the maker culture. such as vector finesse's headphones or build kit boards electric skateboards.
these are all stuff that many people even in that market space dont know about. so my version of art of play is raising attention to these people.
or i even saw an open source cell phone that gets better cell reception than most modern phones because it is a basic phone that just does calls so the other extra electronics arent in the way of receiving the signal. all these things have been showing good problem solving and i would have no doubt that they would continue to be good. would be a matter of being allowed to help them out and sell them in bulk and me building a audience of people that want to shop on the website. which art of play does via people in their target market endorsing their website and making promotional videos and other stuff. this particular market of people are known for spending a lot too so i wouldnt even have to worry much about profit margins. that market being the hacker/maker/tinker types. this would allow me a opportunity to build my own cnc equipment that i could use for producing stuff to sell as well. which is another thing, i could likely sell stuff like that aswell, things that help you produce stuff that are in the name of individualized open source projects that are cheaper than mass produced stuff that function better, such as the hevort project which is a 3d printer kit. as far as i know art of play has been doing good because i have seen a trend of them expanding a bit. it too is surpisingly small as far as what they sell, like i have actually gone through their whole catalogue of stuff in one sitting a few times, i have bought a few things from them as gifts too. and lots of things i want to buy at some point.
both art of play and my business idea is under the idea that if i enjoy it there are likely many other people that also enjoy it. art of play has both a small brick and mortar store and its online presence which is their main thing. they do deal with stuff being out of stock pretty frequently but they seem to regularly come back up. they have plenty of providers of products so its still pretty stable for them
long wordy post lol, so anyways, thoughts and opinions? any ideas welcome aswell!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

confuser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 26, 2023
i had a business idea which is similar to this website Art of Play is a Modern Wonder Emporium, a Place to Discover Magic basically the website just sells stuff that people make like individual small time artists or youtubers or whatever else, it raises attention to those peoples stuff and if you buy it through art of play it gives them profit through the usual things of buying in bulk and upping the price a bit.
basically it would be instead of the things on that website it would just be stuff that beats out most products in its category that are made by smaller people and emphasize the maker culture. such as vector finesse's headphones or build kit boards electric skateboards.
these are all stuff that many people even in that market space dont know about. so my version of art of play is raising attention to these people.
or i even saw an open source cell phone that gets better cell reception than most modern phones because it is a basic phone that just does calls so the other extra electronics arent in the way of receiving the signal. all these things have been showing good problem solving and i would have no doubt that they would continue to be good. would be a matter of being allowed to help them out and sell them in bulk and me building a audience of people that want to shop on the website. which art of play does via people in their target market endorsing their website and making promotional videos and other stuff. this particular market of people are known for spending a lot too so i wouldnt even have to worry much about profit margins. that market being the hacker/maker/tinker types. this would allow me a opportunity to build my own cnc equipment that i could use for producing stuff to sell as well. which is another thing, i could likely sell stuff like that aswell, things that help you produce stuff that are in the name of individualized open source projects that are cheaper than mass produced stuff that function better, such as the hevort project which is a 3d printer kit. as far as i know art of play has been doing good because i have seen a trend of them expanding a bit. it too is surpisingly small as far as what they sell, like i have actually gone through their whole catalogue of stuff in one sitting a few times, i have bought a few things from them as gifts too. and lots of things i want to buy at some point.
both art of play and my business idea is under the idea that if i enjoy it there are likely many other people that also enjoy it. art of play has both a small brick and mortar store and its online presence which is their main thing. they do deal with stuff being out of stock pretty frequently but they seem to regularly come back up. they have plenty of providers of products so its still pretty stable for them
long wordy post lol, so anyways, thoughts and opinions? any ideas welcome aswell!
Oof haha no responses yet

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.