The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Road Less Stupid

For any book discussion

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Picked this up on audible , real great change of pace. Most non fiction business books are sort of "how to" , either solve a specific problem or intrpducing the aithors system or approach in general.

This is a "how to think" book and I searched but couldn't find a thread on it which I thought was odd.

Its non linear sort of stream of consciousness structured so you can read or listen to any chapter you wish.

Tons of solid sounding stuff ( I haven't applied it so , can't gush too hard)

Anyone read this? Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Haven't read it. Don't want to go to deep but when someone teaches how to think i see it as high probability of being cult-like or kind degree of scam.

Last edited:

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
@amp0193 keeps mentioning this book to me, and I think he's encouraged others to read it. I have not gotten around to it yet.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
really, really good book. lot of good prompts. schedule the thinking time, you will be amazed.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@AllenCrawley mentioned it numerous times in another thread (somewhere).

I've read it, thought it was pretty good. Didn't agree with all of it, but did with most of it, enough to recommend it. The audiobook is a bit hard to get through as it sounds like an old man who is reading from a script, but once you get beyond that, it offers some great perspectives, probably leaning toward a business owner seeking growth, versus someone who wants to get started.

Now go think... you will thank me later.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I was laughing at the "here it is on a bumper sticker" every 30 seconds on the audiobook.

I was trying to picture the car that had each one.

Solid book though, I enjoyed it.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Haven’t read it but sounds like I need to.

One of my mentors who is approaching 85 y/o and a high 11 figure net worth told me a few days ago that he thinks the most impactful thing a person can do is spend 1-2 hours a day away from distraction just thinking.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Here's what I posted in another thread...

Most of us don’t spend nearly enough time thinking through our business strategies. We are caught up in being an Operator vs being an Owner. Truth is we shouldn’t be waiting for entrepreneur retreats to work through strategies and brainstorming. (But when those types of opportunities present themselves we should take full advantage of it!) We should be spending 2-3 times a week thinking about high-level business stuff. Not the tactical stuff.

I’m on the second reading of The Road Less Stupid by Keith J. Cunningham. It’s one of those books I will forever reference back to as a book that positively changed the course of our business. I highly recommend this book to anyone already with an established business.

I've read the book 4 times now and constantly refer back to it when needed. I've had no less than 20 thinking time sessions in the last few months. A couple of those sessions led to the best BFCM weekend we've ever had.

Recently had a session for strategically planning for 2020. I have a couple more scheduled to build off that one.

I highly recommend for those with an already established business. Probably not the best use of time for those in the idea or startup phase.

The audiobook is a bit hard to get through as it sounds like an old man who is reading from a script
Ha! I had to listen to it at 2x speed.

I was laughing at the "here it is on a bumper sticker" every 30 seconds on the audiobook.
Yea, that bit is a little annoying, lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.