The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

The right time to quit a JOB

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

inabox1

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
I think 5 years of savings is plenty. Go for it, and see how you do. Even if it's just for 1 year to see if you can handle the lifestyle!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 25, 2020
I would say jump into it now. The downturn of each economy births new "everyday" millionaires.

TDB

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Feb 12, 2021
Some really nice answers in this thread.

For me the nature of your current job is a key factor. Freelancing is (generally) a lot more flexible and can be scaled up and down as required. Much different conversation if you're in a corporate career and the answer is 0% work or 100%.

Can you keep your top x% of clients (think 80/20) and use the additional time to start your fastlane venture?

inabox1

New Contributor
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
For me the nature of your current job is a key factor. Freelancing is (generally) a lot more flexible and can be scaled up and down as required. Much different conversation if you're in a corporate career and the answer is 0% work or 100%.

Can you keep your top x% of clients (think 80/20) and use the additional time to start your fastlane venture?

Absolutely agree here.

I'm an aspiring freelancer and my reasoning lies behind giving me an income on my terms that I can rely on while building up a fastlane business on the side. Your fastlane business could even be an extension of your current freelancing activities.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any scholarship programs for those who can't afford the course? Broke but need this course :)...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!