The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The one thing missing from Unscripted: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship

Anything related to matters of the mind
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Today I'll talk to you on a very sensitive subject. It's something I thought M.J. DeMarco was going to cover in Unscripted . While reading Unscripted I could feel the chapter coming on this topic but it never did.

For those who have read unscripted you know the book is about breaking your social conditioning. The conditioning forced on you from the moment you were born. The strongest social conditioning comes from friends and family, education, corporate, financial, government, media.

MJ called this the seeders.

Friends and family conditioning is a sub conditioning of education, corporate, financial, government, and media seeders. That's because you're parents were condition by them when they were younger. The ideas planted in them by the dominant seeders were passed down and reinforced on you. They'll parrot what they heard from the seeders because that's what they were thought. But they are the ones that enforce the conditioning because social bonds are stronger than institutional loyalty. This is the hardest conditioning to break because you have trust in those closest to you. It's painful to go against them and alienate yourself.

The most dominant seeder is the corporate seeder. If you read the history of the early 1900's robber barons you'll see how the USA government was influenced by them. JP Morgan had to bail out the government in 1893. And the US government allowed them to create the federal reserve system. Completely outsourcing the nation's banking system. The first draft of the federal reserve took place in Jekyll Island. This lead to the creation of the federal reserve system and the IRS. It solidified the influence of corporations in the government. The federal reserve system is a private company and they loan their money to the government.

The second dominant seeder is the government. They are under the corporate seeders and they are the ones that pass the laws. Political condition makes you think that politicians are working on your behalf. But we all know how it goes. You elect someone that promises you great things. Along the way this promises get broken and four years later a new person comes along promising change. You get excited and vote him into office. And the story repeats itself. They provide you with a two-party system so you can duke it out with the opposing side. While you're busy fighting over your political ideologies both parties make plans and shake hands behind the scenes.

The third dominant seeder is the education seeder. School conditioning takes between 12 to 16 years to be imprinted in your mind. Our modern school system came from Prussia. The Prussian education system was created to turn poor people into soldiers. Than they were sent to fight the wars of the ruling class. Now it's used to make poor people work for the rich. Schooling is a sub seeder of the government because now kids are forced to attend school. Truancy laws guarantee the conditioning. Homeschooling was a lot more popular before the 1900s in the USA.

The fourth dominant seeder is the media. A sub seeder of the corporate seeder. Corporations are the ones that pay ad revenue to the entertainment industry. It only makes sense that they fund those that will push their agenda. This one is the easiest conditioning to break. Just stop consuming mainstream media. It's that simple just turn off the T.V. Mainstream media consists of two fields of study, cybernetics and propaganda. Both fields were heavily funded by corporations right after world war 1. Cybernetics deals with the control of humans as machines. Before the TV became a household staple the seeders were already figuring out how to use it to condition the population. Propaganda is what is known today as marketing. It's used to influence you through information. The media is used by seeders to divert your attention from important political events. Identity politics and social media were a godsend for the seeders. While you're busy arguing over pronouns, which toilet to use or what a drawing of a green frog means they're busy committing crimes against humanity.

Finally, the fifth most dominant seeder is the financial seeder. Your financial conditioning is coming from all the other seeders. Corporations tell you that working for them for life will make you more money. The government tells you that spending money on their programs will make you even more money. The education seeders tell you that college will make you more money. Now the government and education seeders are the same because your college loans come from the government, who get it from corporate banks. The media tells you that buying songs, movies, games, and merchandise will make you happier thus making you more money somehow? LOL. Friends and family, well they'll just tell you what the other seeders told them. It all comes full circle. M.J.'s book the Millionaire Fastlane will help you break this conditioning.

Ok, we got that out of the way. Here's what you came for and it's the one thing missing from Unscripted .

Religion

Before you proceed any further I must warn you that this post will take a critical look at religion. It will be an objective assessment of religious conditioning. I don't want this post to get deleted by the mods when people start flagging it.

Moving On.

The Religious Seeder is the one thing missing from Unscripted . Breaking the religious conditioning might be one of the hardest to break, right behind familial conditioning.

I can understand why no one would touch on this subject in any self-help book.

Why?

Because there are so many religions and religion is one of the most personal identities people hold on to. All other labels people place on themselves are superficial in comparison to their faith.

A self-help writer that mentions religious conditioning would alienate the majority of his audience. It's a subject that people automatically raise their shields up when criticized. It's an emotional response even if the criticism is warranted. People still feel as if you are attacking them personally.

Religion like most conditioning is emotional. There is no logical thinking that can break religious conditioning. Tell someone to audit their religion for any bad financial advice and you might as well have asked them to renounce their faith.

I'll use Christianity as an example. And just for the record, I have no qualms with Christianity. Christianity is a good framework on morality for the majority of the population. The church is one of the few places where communities still come together. I'll be using it as an example because it's the dominant religion in the western world. Most people on this board will be familiar with the examples given. For real though, I am not trying to convert you or make you renounce your faith.

Let's begin.

The most popular bad financial advice from the Bible is that a camel can pass through the eye of a needle easier than a rich man reaching heaven. If you're serious about going to heaven you would avoid being rich.

Secondly, people look up to Jesus and as we all know Jesus was poor. He was hanging out in the desert the majority of the time with no home or job. If you look up to Jesus you'll have no problem been poor. In fact, it may reinforce your faith into thinking that only poor people are pure enough to be like Jesus. I've heard people talk about poverty as a virtue because Jesus had no material possessions.

Another one is "God Willing." This conditions people to not take their destiny into their own hands. They let God or gods decide their fate. It was God's or the gods will that they are poor and that's that.

Giving money to the church? Is that a bad financial decision? I don't know? You're spending 10% of your income on a person speaking from a podium.

And let's not forget about indulgences which allowed you to buy your entry to heaven by paying the Church.

I'm sure you can find bad financial advice in other religions from around the world. But like I said I don't know too much about other religions and if they condition their followers to be financially dependent on the system.

So how do you break the religious conditioning?

You have to see religion as an all in one seeder package of the past. You have friends and family, education, corporate, financial, government, media seeders packaged together. The church was a totalitarian system. Most likely your ancestors were forced into that system by the powers that be of their time.

You can break the religious condition by knowing the timeline of events of each specific religion. For example, Christianity begins with Jesus and his apostles. Jesus was not Christian nor were the Apostles. Or at least not Christian as we know them today.

As time went on other people begin to add their version of events and teachings of Jesus. Christians were rebel subjects under Roman law. The majority of Christians during Roman times wondered outside of the cities. That meant that the different Christian factions rarely came in contact with one another. Each one had their version of "Christian" books.

It wasn't until the Council of Nicaea that the idea for a formal canon of the Bible was first discussed. Many councils later the Bible was finally completed at the Council of Carthage. They compile the books of all the different Christian groups of the time. And then again Christianity was altered by Martin Luther.

What I'm getting to with all this history is that religion is a system created by many people, each with an agenda. Religion is a compilation of beliefs from different people, at different times and geographical locations. Your religious conditioning can be broken once you dissect the information your religion presents you with. The major religions of the world suffer from the addition of new dogma. Dogmatic beliefs added to the scriptures long after the founder has died, by man who's only objective is power over others. Even Buddhists who are the epitome of peacefulness eventually morphed into systems that are opposite to what the founder intended. Until recently I had no idea that Buddhists have also committed genocides. Here's a link to read more about that Buddhism and violence - Wikipedia. I'm positive Buddha never meant to hurt anyone. Yet there are those who use his words to inflict pain onto others.

So if you want to be truly Unscripted and choose the life you want you'll have to break the conditioning from every aspect of your life. This includes religious conditioning. Breaking your conditioning does not mean you turn your back, betray or eradicate the institution. You just take the things that benefit you and leave those that don't. You can still go to school if you wish. Hang out with your friends and family. Work for a corporation and buy their stuff. You can still be active in politics. You can go to church and pray. And yes you can still take financial advice from wall street. You're now doing it on your terms.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
The most popular bad financial advice from the Bible is that a camel can pass through the eye of a needle easier than a rich man reaching heaven. If you're serious about going to heaven you would avoid being rich.

Jesus said that in response to a wealthy, arrogant young man who believed his wealth would bring him eternal happiness.

If anything, that is good financial advice.

It's important to maintain balance, and not neglect the aspects of life that are immaterial such as your health, and family/loved ones.

While I do agree with you that it's important to recognize the era in which it was written, you also need to recognize that examining the words at face value will cause much of the meaning to be lost.

On a macro level, capitalism requires a certain sense of order and stability to flourish. The church foundation that permeated European societies in the early 1000s provided the stable base that allowed further development.

There are many, many other aspects of Christian doctrine that allowed the seeds to sprout, the sense of individualism, embrace of linearity rather than cyclical progression, the inherent freedom of choice and the concept of being accountable for ones own actions, etc.

Modern capitalism and the global economic structure is rooted in Judeo Christian values. There is a distinct possibility that our modern market economy would not exist had it not been for the framework created by the Church and its imposition on the world by European colonial powers.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm not religious at all and have never read the bible. But I'm pretty sure everyone just misconstrues the text regarding money. From my understanding, the text aims to make you into a good person, money doesn't change the person but instead magnifies their impact. So, bad person with money is bad. Good person with money is good. Those who don't have money like to see it as bad and use religion as their justification, however, who pays for the churches and missions? People with money, thats who.

In fact, the scripted approach would be to see money as evil in religious text just because everyone says so. Once you put a little bit of thought in and realize that god's house requires money to operate, it doesn't seem so evil anymore.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Today I'll talk to you on a very sensitive subject. It's something I thought M.J. DeMarco was going to cover in Unscripted . While reading Unscripted I could feel the chapter coming on this topic but it never did.

For those who have read unscripted you know the book is about breaking your social conditioning. The conditioning forced on you from the moment you were born. The strongest social conditioning comes from friends and family, education, corporate, financial, government, media.

Friends and family conditioning is a sub conditioning of education, corporate, financial, government, and media seeders. That's because you're parents were condition by them when they were younger. The ideas planted in them by the dominant seeders were passed down and reinforced on you. They'll parrot what they heard from the seeders because that's what they were thought. But they are the ones that enforce the conditioning because social bonds are stronger than institutional loyalty. This is the hardest conditioning to break because you have trust in those closest to you. It's painful to go against them and alienate yourself.

The most dominant seeder is the corporate seeder. If you read the history of the early 1900's robber barons you'll see how the USA government was influenced by them. JP Morgan had to bail out the government in 1893. And the US government allowed them to create the federal reserve system. Completely outsourcing the nation's banking system. The first draft of the federal reserve took place in Jekyll Island. This lead to the creation of the federal reserve system and the IRS. It solidified the influence of corporations in the government. The federal reserve system is a private company and they loan their money to the government.

The second dominant seeder is the government. They are under the corporate seeders and they are the ones that pass the laws. Political condition makes you think that politicians are working on your behalf. But we all know how it goes. You elect someone that promises you great things. Along the way this promises get broken and four years later a new person comes along promising change. You get excited and vote him into office. And the story repeats itself. They provide you with a two-party system so you can duke it out with the opposing side. While you're busy fighting over your political ideologies both parties make plans and shake hands behind the scenes.

The third dominant seeder is the education seeder. School conditioning takes between 12 to 16 years to be imprinted in your mind. Our modern school system came from Prussia. The Prussian education system was created to turn poor people into soldiers. Than they were sent to fight the wars of the ruling class. Now it's used to make poor people work for the rich. Schooling is a sub seeder of the government because now kids are forced to attend school. Truancy laws guarantee the conditioning. Homeschooling was a lot more popular before the 1900s in the USA.

The fourth dominant seeder is the media. A sub seeder of the corporate seeder. Corporations are the ones that pay ad revenue to the entertainment industry. It only makes sense that they fund those that will push their agenda. This one is the easiest conditioning to break. Just stop consuming mainstream media. It's that simple just turn off the T.V. Mainstream media consists of two fields of study, cybernetics and propaganda. Both fields were heavily funded by corporations right after world war 1. Cybernetics deals with the control of humans as machines. Before the TV became a household staple the seeders were already figuring out how to use it to condition the population. Propaganda is what is known today as marketing. It's used to influence you through information. The media is used by seeders to divert your attention from important political events. Identity politics and social media were a godsend for the seeders. While you're busy arguing over pronouns, which toilet to use or what a drawing of a green frog means they're busy committing crimes against humanity.

Finally, the fifth most dominant seeder is the financial seeder. Your financial conditioning is coming from all the other seeders. Corporations tell you that working for them for life will make you more money. The government tells you that spending money on their programs will make you even more money. The education seeders tell you that college will make you more money. Now the government and education seeders are the same because your college loans come from the government, who get it from corporate banks. The media tells you that buying songs, movies, games, and merchandise will make you happier thus making you more money somehow? LOL. Friends and family, well they'll just tell you what the other seeders told them. It all comes full circle. M.J.'s book the Millionaire Fastlane will help you break this conditioning.

Ok, we got that out of the way. Here's what you came for and it's the one thing missing from Unscripted .

Religion

Before you proceed any further I must warn you that this post will take a critical look at religion. It will be an objective assessment of religious conditioning. I don't want this post to get deleted by the mods when people start flagging it.

Moving On.

The Religious Seeder is the one thing missing from Unscripted . Breaking the religious conditioning might be one of the hardest to break, right behind familial conditioning.

Why?

Because there are so many religions and religion is one of the most personal identities people hold on to. All other labels people place on themselves are superficial in comparison to their faith.

A self-help writer that mentions religious conditioning would alienate the majority of his audience. It's a subject that people automatically raise their shields up when criticized. It's an emotional response even if the criticism is warranted. People still feel as if you are attacking them personally.

Religion like most conditioning is emotional. There is no logical thinking that can break religious conditioning. Tell someone to audit their religion for any bad financial advice and you might as well have asked them to renounce their faith.

I'll use Christianity as an example. And just for the record, I have no qualms with Christianity. Christianity is a good framework on morality for the majority of the population. The church is one of the few places where communities still come together. I'll be using it as an example because it's the dominant religion in the western world. Most people on this board will be familiar with the examples given. For real though, I am not trying to convert you or make you renounce your faith.

Let's begin.

Secondly, people look up to Jesus and as we all know Jesus was poor. He was hanging out in the desert the majority of the time with no home or job. If you look up to Jesus you'll have no problem been poor. In fact, it may reinforce your faith into thinking that only poor people are pure enough to be like Jesus. I've heard people talk about poverty as a virtue because Jesus had no material possessions.

Another one is "God Willing." This conditions people to not take their destiny into their own hands. They let God or gods decide their fate. It was God's or the gods will that they are poor and that's that.

Giving money to the church? Is that a bad financial decision? I don't know? You're spending 10% of your income on a person speaking from a podium.

And let's not forget about indulgences which allowed you to buy your entry to heaven by paying the Church.

I'm sure you can find bad financial advice in other religions from around the world. But like I said I don't know too much about other religions and if they condition their followers to be financially dependent on the system.

You have to see religion as an all in one seeder package of the past. You have friends and family, education, corporate, financial, government, media seeders packaged together. The church was a totalitarian system. Most likely your ancestors were forced into that system by the powers that be of their time.

You can break the religious condition by knowing the timeline of events of each specific religion. For example, Christianity begins with Jesus and his apostles. Jesus was not Christian nor were the Apostles. Or at least not Christian as we know them today.

As time went on other people begin to add their version of events and teachings of Jesus. Christians were rebel subjects under Roman law. The majority of Christians during Roman times wondered outside of the cities. That meant that the different Christian factions rarely came in contact with one another. Each one had their version of "Christian" books.

It wasn't until the Council of Nicaea that the idea for a formal canon of the Bible was first discussed. Many councils later the Bible was finally completed at the Council of Carthage. They compile the books of all the different Christian groups of the time. And then again Christianity was altered by Martin Luther.

What I'm getting to with all this history is that religion is a system created by many people, each with an agenda. Religion is a compilation of beliefs from different people, at different times and geographical locations. Your religious conditioning can be broken once you dissect the information your religion presents you with. The major religions of the world suffer from the addition of new dogma. Dogmatic beliefs added to the scriptures long after the founder has died, by man who's only objective is power over others. Even Buddhists who are the epitome of peacefulness eventually morphed into systems that are opposite to what the founder intended. Until recently I had no idea that Buddhists have also committed genocides. Here's a link to read more about that Buddhism and violence - Wikipedia. I'm positive Buddha never meant to hurt anyone. Yet there are those who use his words to inflict pain onto others.

So if you want to be truly Unscripted and choose the life you want you'll have to break the conditioning from every aspect of your life. This includes religious conditioning. Breaking your conditioning does not mean you turn your back, betray or eradicate the institution. You just take the things that benefit you and leave those that don't. You can still go to school if you wish. Hang out with your friends and family. Work for a corporation and buy their stuff. You can still be active in politics. You can go to church and pray. And yes you can still take financial advice from wall street. You're now doing it on your terms.
I couldn’t agree more! I was raise catholic and always question the money , politics , agenda side of the organization. And i see it alot with people I know. When we talk about money they always want to leave it to god. Because god is the only one that knows the way. Even though i still believe in god i think its a bunch of bullshit people dont act for them selves and leave everything to a religious believe. People take religion into a extreme. Yes religion helps out a lot and it can lead you to better life path if you choose. But being an extremist can lead to trouble. For example they are those who believe that America is the only country who been blessed by god. That this country is the only one with freedom and all services that come with it. That America is the moral example for every other country and that every other country is shit. As if other western countries don’t exist. If you talk to a mormon they will tell you this shit. Dont get me wrong i love the US but you can’t tell me that only America been baptized and the rest of the world is full of sinners. Thats the type of shit ISIS would say. So you nailed it my friend. People need to wake the F*ck up and take action with their lives. And realize that god anti going to fix their lives. And that just because they live on one side of the world or preach to one god that they’re automatically better then others. And that only god is for them.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
It's likely that religion wasn't placed in Unscripted because you can't argue faith.

It's also obvious that you don't understand Christianity and/or haven't studied the New Testament.

Is this really bad advice? Making lots of money and then giving it away is exactly what Buffet, Gates, and Koch are currently doing. Studies show that serving is the key to happiness. Giving is the key to fulfillment.

As an entrepreneurial Christian, you can make lots of money providing value to the world. Then use that money to provide even more value to the world. Social entrepreneurship at it's finest.

Jesus was a minimalist. It's ok to have material possessions. Just don't be attached to them. And don't let your pursuit of them, keep you from providing value.

True Christians don't use the term "God Willing" because God is always willing. They use the term "Through God's Graces". Very different terms.

Your success or failure in life is solely based on you using or not using the gifts that God has given you. So, you and only you are responsible for your outcomes in life. God doesn't interfere with the good or bad choices you make.

Humans were Graced with the ability to make this world a beautiful place. If it's not, it's because we have decided to use our Gifts for evil.

God doesn't get involved. That's why child molestation, child abuse, terrorism, and mass shooting are allowed to happen.

Tithing is Old Testament. It is not required to be a Christian.

You can't buy your way into Heaven. Countless stories in the New Testament demonstrate that point.

A Christian is simply someone who follows the teachings of Jesus. So, Jesus and the Apostles were definitely Christians.

Humans cannot change the Word of God.

In your post, you are trying to apply logic to faith and that is impossible.

Christianity is definitely a Script. A Script based on the New Testament. There is no logical reason to believe that the New Testament is non-fiction.

There is no way to logically defend one's belief in the New Testament. Though many will try.

Faith is believing in something when you can't prove it with logic.

That's why it's not in Unscripted .

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@Rawseed Perhaps we cannot argue faith, but we can argue the messages behind the holy stories.

@kelvinfernandezm Jesus is the ideal man, taking everything in stride, acting with nobility and integrity, and serving others the best he could. If one were to act this way and combine it with business acumen, then they will focus on the needs of others and how to make people's lives better from which much money may flow their way.

Giving 10% to the church is not about the church as much as it is about the mindset of giving and abundance. If you give to others, you will receive from others too. You will be more generous, people will take note of it, and in turn will be willing to be more generous with you.

Fundamentally however, religion can be used to empower one's self, or it can be used to victimize one's self. It simply depends on how one wishes to see and utilize their religion. I will probably always be a fan of Kierkegaard's Knight of Faith.

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands

Religion

Moving On.

Why?

Let's begin.

I did research on theology and came to my
conclusion that believe In God is more rational than believing that the universe came out of nothing and I would suggest to you kindly that if you get info about jesus expand your research more because Jesus Is the most misunderstanded person in history I believe also in a religion that I want to keep for my self religion now a days is bashed and misunderstanded like never before so many misinformation its kinda sad and I also believe that a person can be religious and unscripted at the same time and believe can be proven logical its just which scripture you follow all the best
People are free to chose what they want tot believe in for me atheism is a bankrupted position

Last edited:

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Jesus said that in response to a wealthy, arrogant young man who believed his wealth would bring him eternal happiness.

If anything, that is good financial advice.

It's important to maintain balance, and not neglect the aspects of life that are immaterial such as your health, and family/loved ones.

While I do agree with you that it's important to recognize the era in which it was written, you also need to recognize that examining the words at face value will cause much of the meaning to be lost.

On a macro level, capitalism requires a certain sense of order and stability to flourish. The church foundation that permeated European societies in the early 1000s provided the stable base that allowed further development.

There are many, many other aspects of Christian doctrine that allowed the seeds to sprout, the sense of individualism, embrace of linearity rather than cyclical progression, the inherent freedom of choice and the concept of being accountable for ones own actions, etc.

Modern capitalism and the global economic structure is rooted in Judeo Christian values. There is a distinct possibility that our modern market economy would not exist had it not been for the framework created by the Church and its imposition on the world by European colonial powers.
I'm not religious at all and have never read the bible. But I'm pretty sure everyone just misconstrues the text regarding money. From my understanding, the text aims to make you into a good person, money doesn't change the person but instead magnifies their impact. So, bad person with money is bad. Good person with money is good. Those who don't have money like to see it as bad and use religion as their justification, however, who pays for the churches and missions? People with money, thats who.

In fact, the scripted approach would be to see money as evil in religious text just because everyone says so. Once you put a little bit of thought in and realize that god's house requires money to operate, it doesn't seem so evil anymore.
It's likely that religion wasn't placed in Unscripted because you can't argue faith.

It's also obvious that you don't understand Christianity and/or haven't studied the New Testament.

Is this really bad advice? Making lots of money and then giving it away is exactly what Buffet, Gates, and Koch are currently doing. Studies show that serving is the key to happiness. Giving is the key to fulfillment.

As an entrepreneurial Christian, you can make lots of money providing value to the world. Then use that money to provide even more value to the world. Social entrepreneurship at it's finest.

Jesus was a minimalist. It's ok to have material possessions. Just don't be attached to them. And don't let your pursuit of them, keep you from providing value.

True Christians don't use the term "God Willing" because God is always willing. They use the term "Through God's Graces". Very different terms.

Your success or failure in life is solely based on you using or not using the gifts that God has given you. So, you and only you are responsible for your outcomes in life. God doesn't interfere with the good or bad choices you make.

Humans were Graced with the ability to make this world a beautiful place. If it's not, it's because we have decided to use our Gifts for evil.

God doesn't get involved. That's why child molestation, child abuse, terrorism, and mass shooting are allowed to happen.

Tithing is Old Testament. It is not required to be a Christian.

You can't buy your way into Heaven. Countless stories in the New Testament demonstrate that point.

A Christian is simply someone who follows the teachings of Jesus. So, Jesus and the Apostles were definitely Christians.

Humans cannot change the Word of God.

In your post, you are trying to apply logic to faith and that is impossible.

Christianity is definitely a Script. A Script based on the New Testament. There is no logical reason to believe that the New Testament is non-fiction.

There is no way to logically defend one's belief in the New Testament. Though many will try.

Faith is believing in something when you can't prove it with logic.

That's why it's not in Unscripted .
conclusion that believe In God is more rational than believing that the universe came out of nothing and I would suggest to you kindly that if you get info about jesus expand your research more because Jesus Is the most misunderstanded person in history I believe also in a religion that I want to keep for my self religion now a days is bashed and misunderstanded like never before so many misinformation its kinda sad and I also believe that a person can be religious and unscripted at the same time and believe can be proven logical its just which scripture you follow all the best
People are free to chose what they want tot believe in for me atheism is a bankrupted position

Like I said in my original post. I'm not here to discuss Christianity and how you interpret the text. If you read my post again Christianity is interpret differently by different groups. They all had their own version of Christianity until the Bible was canonized. Everyone interprets the writings differently that's why there's so many branches of Christianity. Every branch or flavor of Christianity thinks they are the "true" Christians and the only ones going to heaven. If you choose to omit the old testament and only believe the new testament that's up to you. I don't care. I could've used any other religion as an example. But I did not grow up in a Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist dominated society. So I did not use those as an example. You're just proving my point that when it comes to religion people have an emotional response. They start screaming you're wrong, without paying attention to the message.

The point of my post was for you to take a second look at the institutions that have a big influence in your life. The ones M.J. called the seeders. Religion is an institution that has a tremendous impact on someone's life. There's a certain condition from this institution that you may not be aware of. If you want to be Unscripted you must question it too.

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Like I said in my original post. I'm not here to discuss Christianity and how you interpret the text. If you read my post again Christianity is interpret differently by different groups. They all had their own version of Christianity until the Bible was canonized. Everyone interprets the writings differently that's why there's so many branches of Christianity. Every branch or flavor of Christianity thinks they are the "true" Christians and the only ones going to heaven. If you choose to omit the old testament and only believe the new testament that's up to you. I don't care. You're just proving my point that when it comes to religion people have an emotional response. They start screaming you're wrong, without paying attention to the message.

The point of my post was for you to take a second look at the institutions that have a big influence in your life. The ones M.J. called the seeders. Religion is an institution that has a tremendous impact on someone's life. There's a certain condition from this institution that you may not be aware of. If you want to be Unscripted you must question it too.
Where you responding to me about Christianity iam not a Christian like I said before I have my reasons to believe in god and in a particular religion yes people can get abit emotional go ahead and criticize the modern western world or liberals see how they get emotional
Yes your absolutely right one should question with a open mind of course
Iam not those emotional people check how atheists get emotional when you challenge their believe

Last edited:

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Where you responding to me about Christianity iam not a Christian like I said before I have my reasons to believe in god and in a particular religion you sound abit angry or triggered I hope not yes people can get abit emotional go ahead and criticize the modern western world or liberals see how they get emotional
Yes your absolutely right one should question with a open mind of course
I think you're the triggered and angry one here. Read my first post and my second post. My message was not against Christianity. I just used it as an example because its the one I know. What does the modern western world and liberals have to do with anything?

I don't care if you think atheism is bankrupted this post was never about atheist vs believers. It was simply to show you that your religion or non religion may had conditioned you think a certain way.

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
I think you're the triggered and angry one here. Read my first post and my second post. My message was not against Christianity. I just used it as an example because its the one I know. What does the modern western world and liberals have to do with anything?

I don't care if you think atheism is bankrupted this post was never about atheist vs believers. It was simply to show you that your religion or non religion may had conditioned you think a certain way.
Updated my post it was a misunderstanding nobody is angry or triggered have a nice day my friend

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
@kelvinfernandezm

You could have and should have made your point about religion being a seeder without mentioning a specific religion.

Especially when your understanding of said religion is rudimentary at best.

Living in America doesn't equate to understanding Christianity.

All you had to do was suggest that religion was the seventh seeder.

Then suggest that everyone evaluate their religious beliefs and evaluate the motives of those pushing those religious beliefs.

Then you would have sounded intelligent.

Instead you presented specific examples of a religion that you clearly don't understand.

That would be like me backing up a basic physics argument with a quantum physics theorem when I know that I don't have a firm grasp of quantum physics.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Talking about religion is against forum rules or I’d spank you and ahhhmaaaaaze you with my mad theological skills...

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
It will be an objective assessment of religious conditioning.

Well, not actually. It’s your interpretation and opinion.

While I completely agree that people need to ensure that their religious beliefs align with their unscripted life, I think people’s confusion/triggering is stemming from comments like this:
Like I said in my original post. I'm not here to discuss Christianity and how you interpret the text.

Yet in your OP you chose to do exactly that. Here:

Here:
If you look up to Jesus you'll have no problem been poor. In fact, it may reinforce your faith into thinking that only poor people are pure enough to be like Jesus.

Here:

And here:
Every branch or flavor of Christianity thinks they are the "true" Christians and the only ones going to heaven.

I love hearing multiple viewpoints and ideas. Really the only thing that triggers me these days is hypocrisy and slow play on the golf course.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Talking about religion is against forum rules or I’d spank you and ahhhmaaaaaze you with my mad theological skills...
I understand that. I don't want to break the forum rules. But again the post was never meant to be a discussion on religion.

It was meant to be a discussion on religious conditioning. Which is a big influence in peoples lives. MJ book is about breaking societal conditioning. I knew people were going to respond negatively because they would feel as if im attacking them personally. I said that in my original post. Yet people still reacted as if I'm attacking them.

Did I use Christianity as example? Yes I did. Could I had not used that as an example? No because examples make things easier to understand. I could just had said religious seeder without any examples of religious conditioning but the message would be harder to understand.

markK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 8, 2018
Missouri, US
I understand that. I don't want to break the forum rules. But again the post was never meant to be a discussion on religion.

It was meant to be a discussion on religious conditioning. Which is a big influence in peoples lives. MJ book is about breaking societal conditioning. I knew people were going to respond negatively because they would feel as if im attacking them personally. I said that in my original post. Yet people still reacted as if I'm attacking them.

Did I use Christianity as example? Yes I did. Could I had not used that as an example? No because examples make things easier to understand. I could just had said religious seeder without any examples of religious conditioning but the message would be harder to understand.

Religion

Moving On.

Why?

Let's begin.

Your point is well taken...at least with me it is.
To sum it up, it reminds me of the proverb or instruction...
"Be not deceived..." or "Let no man deceive you by any means"

Then you presented some very powerful deception systems (seeders).

You could probably add "Science" to that list as well. I'm not talking about true science, but perceived science, which gets disseminated through some of the systems that you mentioned.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Your point is well taken...at least with me it is.
To sum it up, it reminds me of the proverb or instruction...
"Be not deceived..." or "Let no man deceive you by any means"

Then you presented some very powerful deception systems (seeders).

You could probably add "Science" to that list as well. I'm not talking about true science, but perceived science, which gets disseminated through some of the systems that you mentioned.

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by perceived science?

I know that today's mainstream science is more like a cult. The word scientism is a good one to describe it. People have replaced priests with science communicators like Neil deGrasse Tyson. They take the words that come out this hyper personalities as gospel. So yes, I guess science could possible be a seeder too.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
"If you can't prove it using science it's not a fact"

markK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 8, 2018
Missouri, US
Can you elaborate more on what you mean by perceived science?

I know that today's mainstream science is more like a cult. The word scientism is a good one to describe it. People have replaced priests with science communicators like Neil deGrasse Tyson. They take the words that come out this hyper personalities as gospel. So yes, I guess science could possible be a seeder too.
Yep, you get it exactly and your example is perfect!
Better than I could have come up with.

True science would stick very close to the "scientific method"...and the scientist would say "I don't know" when he doesn't know, instead of making up a theory, that he might even believe (being deceived) and then starts marketing the theory through the systems (seeders) that you mentioned above.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Yep, you get it exactly and your example is perfect!
Better than I could have come up with.

True science would stick very close to the "scientific method"...and the scientist would say "I don't know" when he doesn't know, instead of making up a theory, that he might even believe (being deceived) and then starts marketing the theory through the systems (seeders) that you mentioned above.

Yes, there's something weird going on in the scientific community. Most experiments can't be replicated. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis. Also to get your work published in scientific journals which are the ones that allow you to get grants and advance your career you have to go through peer reviews. I don't know too much about it but I think you have the scientific journal writers a fee to get your work publish. There a big scam going on in the scientific field of study. At least the ones controlled by educational system. The sciences before and during Nikola Tesla were different from the ones we are use to today.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Yes, there's something weird going on in the scientific community. Most experiments can't be replicated. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis. Also to get your work published in scientific journals which are the ones that allow you to get grants and advance your career you have to go through peer reviews. I don't know too much about it but I think you have the scientific journal writers a fee to get your work publish. There a big scam going on in the scientific field of study. At least the ones controlled by educational system. The sciences before and during Nikola Tesla were different from the ones we are use to today.
It's about 50% of studies that fail replication, and it's mostly limited to psychology and other soft science.

Other fields replicate better.

In psychology it's particularly bad, because studies that concepts in textbooks were written around turned out to be pretty much bullshit. In other words if you have a psychology degree, about 50% of everything you learned is total bullshit; but I could have told you that.

Journals that require a submission fee are sketchy and uncommon. Most reputable journals do not do that. "Pay-to-play" scientific journals are not legitimate science, and reputable journals would never charge for publication.

I wouldn't say it's a big scam, because most scientists apply critical thinking and see something posted in the journal of "Academy Publish" and say "what the actual F*ck."

But it is a problem. I don't know it's it's huge besides psychology, but most scientists know in general to take any single study with a grain of salt. You need to find patterns. The public on the other hand...

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
I agree with a lot of what you said actually. Especially the conditioning.

I would see why you would want to add it to the list, but again I can see why it wouldn't be on the list - or that's why MJ wouldn't have attempted to add it - having a wild guess here, and that's because it brings a lot of controversy tbh.

I mean in most religions, you are warned of both ways always.

Don't chase money, but work hard and God will open doors.
Don't learn useless time wasting stuff, but go hard on learning.
Don't chase rulership, but when you are one, be the best.
and on and on and on.........

Tbh, it's that type of advice that always works if you want it to work. If you use it at the right time, it works great and makes sense.

What I would agree with is removing conditioning from a big chunk of SUPER-STRICT religious people's ideas. But also hideous people on the flip-side. See it's complicated lol.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Also to get your work published in scientific journals which are the ones that allow you to get grants and advance your career you have to go through peer reviews.
Also peer review definitely isn't part of the problem. Peer review is one of science's greatest assets and one thing that's definitely going right. When you publish to a journal, other scientists have to check your work for any flaws. It's basically like other scientists checking your math.

Science as a whole is a pretty good process, and all these issues like the replication crises actually shows us us that how science is self-correcting. It shows us that science does work. Why? Because it was science that realized science's deficiencies. It would be a scandal if someone outside of the field realized these deficiencies, but it was actually scientists themselves. It's more like 'whoa... we f*cked up... let's see how we can prevent this in the future' then an actual scandal.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Religion

You're absolutely right. Religion is a seeder and it is missing.

I thought it best to keep it out of the book because it would open a can of worms and increase the size of the book, a book that was already too large. Moreover, since most of the world believes in some type of religion, I thought it best that it should be omitted at risk of alienating the rest of my message, which IMO, was more important.

Agreed. The fundamentalist religious people I know are religious due to childhood and geography, NOT because they did some extensive research into world history and theology and came to the conclusion based on facts, data, and/or reason. The fact is, if they were born in Saudi Arabia, they'd be muslim, not because they studied the theology, but because of geography and "this is what my parents tell me to believe."

What I'm getting to with all this history is that religion is a system created by many people, each with an agenda. Religion is a compilation of beliefs from different people, at different times and geographical locations.

Agreed.

I have zero faith in organized religions because they are control structures created by humans, and humans by nature are corrupt. So regardless of what you believe, humans will do a fine job of corrupting it and co-opting it for their own agenda, usually political control, behavioral control, or economic control.

That said, I thought I should comment on this and provide a little insight and opinion since this was about Unscripted and what was missing.

Religious topics (such as this) aren't in the scope of this forum, regardless of my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!