The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The one and only fasting video you need to see.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I feel fine. A little head ache yesterday, not very bad.
Dropped down to 6 glasses. I'm hungry this morning. Well, I'm hungry every morning. More so today.

Other than dropping tons of (mostly water?) weight, and the obvious hunger, do you notice any other side effects? Does it make you loopy?

Part of me really wants to give keto a try but the other part of me loves beer and pizza.

Super low carb like keto is the only thing that's ever worked for me to drop weight, but it also makes me into a literal zombie. I've tried getting through the initial 5 days several times in the last couple months and end up giving up every time. The last time I was so foggy I stood in front of a screen in a meeting, and literally could not say the number that I was pointing at on on the screen in front of me. How do you get over that hump?

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
Other than dropping tons of (mostly water?) weight, and the obvious hunger, do you notice any other side effects? Does it make you loopy?

Super low carb like keto is the only thing that's ever worked for me to drop weight, but it also makes me into a literal zombie. I've tried getting through the initial 5 days several times in the last couple months and end up giving up every time. The last time I was so foggy I stood in front of a screen in a meeting, and literally could not say the number that I was pointing at on on the screen in front of me. How do you get over that hump?

How long did you stick with it? Maybe your body just takes a little longer to go into optimal ketosis.

Have you considered measuring your bodies ketones to make sure?

Maybe your protein intake was too high as well - from what I understand, a lot of people make this mistake and it can prevent a person from entering optimal ketosis, hence the brain fog

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Are you fasting on a keto diet?

I fasted the first 3 days.

Have done lots of IF'ing in the past but will definitely be experimenting with keto + IF for focus sake and see what happens.

Why do you ask?

G

GuestUser450

Why do you ask?
Curious - I'm too chicken to try.

I do IF, but worried that keto might make workouts and recovery more difficult.

I don't do IIFYM, I try to be clean, but I do respond will to 'refeed' days every couple of weeks.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A

AnonGuest63k2

If you've ever wondered about fasting, why/if it works, or how it works. Then this is the video for you:

I read about fasting a couple of years ago and started implementing it as soon as I could.

I first started with what I'd call a "moderate" fast where I made sure to not consume any calories for 12 hours every day. I didn't use the 5/2 method, and I didn't go strictly "Paleo" either.

The result? I lost 40lbs in about 6 months. The majority of it fat/water weight (FYI I didn't use one of those BMI tests to be exactly sure).

The video above is about as good an explanation of why and how it works as I have ever seen. If you've got 30 minutes to watch it, I suggest you do. Unless you're an adonis already of course.

P.S. Please forgive me for trying out a tiny bit of copywriting in the process. I need some practice :).
It really helps me and I think it will help a lot of people. In my case I only eat first time around 13 -15, last time around 20:30 sometimes I get a little later around 21:20. I use coconut oil in the morning, rinse my mouth with it for 10 minutes and spit it out (it has helped my teeth immensely and generally gives me some energy. Thanks for the great information!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.