The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

the noob who came in from the slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

JH23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Nov 26, 2018
Greetings All.
Just joined.
Total noob who has spent his entire life so far in the slowlane.
Recently found myself reading MFL - nearly finished my first reading - which has been more than a little eye-opening.
Looking forward to learning as much as I can, and who knows, maybe one day helping others.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hello @JH23

Welcome to the Fastlane community forums, and thanks for joining and introducing yourself.

Recently found myself reading MFL - nearly finished my first reading - which has been more than a little eye-opening.

Are there any particular insights you've gleaned from the book that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to learning as much as I can, and who knows, maybe one day helping others.

Earlier this year I came across the concepts of just-in-time learning vs just-in-case learning. This insight moved me to delete all the courses and digital junk I've accumulated over the years, and I've fully committed to only learning with purpose:

Do you have any ideas or problem areas that you're currently contemplating? I'm convinced you'd leap forward faster if you could contextualize your learning with the specific niche or problem domain you're currently contemplating.

Welcome again, my friend!

JH23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks for the welcome, George.

I definitely agree with the concept of just-in time learning, especially as I'm someone who, in the past, could happily dig into learning something new just for the nice way it made my brain tingle. :)

My background is math/accounting, and I've always had a passion for coding and more recently web development. I feel sure that that's going to be a big part of where I'm heading with this. I'm going to need some more skills to put together a web app I'm thinking of, but will, for sure, be focusing on the things I actually need, as opposed to the stuff that's just fun to get into. Good advice.

As for the book, there's so much in MFL that's useful, but concentrating on meeting a need, as opposed to 'doing what you love' really hit me between the eyes.

Thanks again. George.
Good Luck with whatever you're working on.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum. If you're into web development, check out @Fox thread on the topic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JH23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Nov 26, 2018
Welcome to the forum. If you're into web development, check out @Fox thread on the topic.
Thanks for the welcome, lowtek.

Will check out @Fox thread for sure.

Good Luck with whatever you're working on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...