• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO the noob who came in from the slowlane

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by JH23, Nov 27, 2018.

1. JH23

JH23 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $67
    Greetings All.
    Just joined.
    Total noob who has spent his entire life so far in the slowlane.
    Recently found myself reading MFL - nearly finished my first reading - which has been more than a little eye-opening.
    Looking forward to learning as much as I can, and who knows, maybe one day helping others.

2. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,543
    Hello @JH23

Welcome to the Fastlane community forums, and thanks for joining and introducing yourself.

Are there any particular insights you've gleaned from the book that you'd like to share?

Earlier this year I came across the concepts of just-in-time learning vs just-in-case learning. This insight moved me to delete all the courses and digital junk I've accumulated over the years, and I've fully committed to only learning with purpose:

Do you have any ideas or problem areas that you're currently contemplating? I'm convinced you'd leap forward faster if you could contextualize your learning with the specific niche or problem domain you're currently contemplating.

Welcome again, my friend!

lowtek and JH23 like this.
  3. JH23

Rep Bank:
    $67
    Thanks for the welcome, George.

I definitely agree with the concept of just-in time learning, especially as I'm someone who, in the past, could happily dig into learning something new just for the nice way it made my brain tingle. :)

My background is math/accounting, and I've always had a passion for coding and more recently web development. I feel sure that that's going to be a big part of where I'm heading with this. I'm going to need some more skills to put together a web app I'm thinking of, but will, for sure, be focusing on the things I actually need, as opposed to the stuff that's just fun to get into. Good advice.

As for the book, there's so much in MFL that's useful, but concentrating on meeting a need, as opposed to 'doing what you love' really hit me between the eyes.

Thanks again. George.
    Good Luck with whatever you're working on.

George Appiah likes this.
  4. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,358
    Welcome to the forum. If you're into web development, check out @Fox thread on the topic.

JH23 likes this.
  5. JH23

Rep Bank:
    $67
    Thanks for the welcome, lowtek.

Will check out @Fox thread for sure.

Good Luck with whatever you're working on.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.