The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Software Engineer from Silicon Valley, breaking from the slowlane

EntreEden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jan 19, 2023
San Francisco
After reading TMF , Unscripted and Work Won't Love You Back (Sarah Jaffe) I had a huge awakening! I realized I was making my bosses millions upon millions with the SaaS features that I knew how to create myself and now I spend ~20hours a week outside of work hacking away on a new app.

I joined this forum to hear from others and get guidance on this journey. Although I know about problems and app development I don't know much about marketing, sales, legal, etc.

I'm excited to learn from you all! If there's any other experienced software engineers moving to the fastlane I'd love to hear your experience in particular to optimize my journey (and possible share tips with each other). So far I've gotten my LLC and an AWS account set up with Activate ($1k of free credits for startups!) to set up my first app.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EntreEden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jan 19, 2023
San Francisco
Welcome aboard! What are you working on?
Thanks @Skroob!

Right now I'm finishing up a social app, it's simple/lightweight and it is just for me to get a good basis on building an app end to end (haven't done that in a few years)!

Going forward though for a more long term project (one to help with my retirement plan) I'm deciding between one SaaS desktop product that could integrate with Slack (solves a problem for lots of people in Enterprise I believe) OR a consumer application.

I see you're an app developer, would love any advice if you have any while I start my journey!

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks @Skroob!

Right now I'm finishing up a social app, it's simple/lightweight and it is just for me to get a good basis on building an app end to end (haven't done that in a few years)!

Going forward though for a more long term project (one to help with my retirement plan) I'm deciding between one SaaS desktop product that could integrate with Slack (solves a problem for lots of people in Enterprise I believe) OR a consumer application.

I see you're an app developer, would love any advice if you have any while I start my journey!
Sounds fun! I like your approach; build something small to get your skills sharp, and then dive into bigger projects.

So I’m working on my own project: helping people in your exact situation to get started running a software business. It would actually be a huge help for me to work with you on your journey!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, a lot of people are going to be awaken from their slumber in the next few years.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...