The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane ... Book Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
My reason for ordering the book is probably like many others on here - I don't expect the book to be the Holy Grail of "How To Get Rich" books

I think it is -- I wish I would have known everything in this book when I was 20.

Hey, I hope you didn't take what I said in a negative way. But after re-reading what I wrote, I can see how it may have been; didn't mean it to come across that way.

I too wish I had known the things in the book / things I've learned from you on the forum when I was 20. That would have made a HUGE difference. Thanks man.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey, I hope you didn't take what I said in a negative way

Not at all! The book takes a macro, formulaic approach when most "get rich" books are road-centric and micro-oriented. You should find it "different" from that perspective.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
Read the 40 pages, ordering signed copy later tonight, looks like its gonna be a real page turner, cant wait man!

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
Nice job on the book MJ, you really out did yourself! The way it is written is very appealing, and it draws the reader in quite well. I can't wait to read the rest of it!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Jeez, the chatter on the forums is gonna be amazing once everyone starts reading the book.

Too bad we didn't plan a B&P around it! :smx4:

-Russ H.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I finally got it from viperionPublications instead and canceled my order from amazon. Kept giving me a error message since I moved and put in my old zip code :rofl:.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I ordered the signed copy and it was shipped same day. Last night I decided to download the online version and read the first 40 pages. Really liking it and can't wait for the book to arrive. I am sure I will finish it in a day. haha

Of course I may order a few extra unsigned copies for friends and relatives who I think could benefit from it.

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hey, I hope you didn't take what I said in a negative way. But after re-reading what I wrote, I can see how it may have been; didn't mean it to come across that way.

I too wish I had known the things in the book / things I've learned from you on the forum when I was 20. That would have made a HUGE difference. Thanks man.

I know what you mean Kasey :) For people who haven't yet been exposed to these ideas, it WILL be the Holy Grail. For those of us who are already in the Fastlane mindset a lot will be familiar already, but I expect there will be some new tidbits of wisdom as well. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I want my book. haha. That's ok it will give me time to finish my other one later tonight. haha

MJ you need to start working on your next book. :)

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Just ordered yesterday, can't wait to get it! Sounds like it'll be very similar to the "mentoring" that Snowbank posted about in that it will be a condensed version of all of MJ's knowledge in one convenient place(not that these forums aren't convenient, there's just too many posts to go through :p)

the marketplace makes that determination. The marketplace determines its value -- NOT ME.

And what is your marketing plan? While I know I will be doing my part to promote the book to friends and family, have you reached out to any of your marketing contacts such as the top-notch affiliate marketers on here(cough... jonleehacker... cough) and such to get the book to the NY Times Best-seller List :)

Not sure if you read Tim Ferriss's blog, but his contest driven book promotions look like a great way to help promote your book:

The 4 Hour Body

Cold Remedy: Free Flights Anywhere in the World

The Tweet to Beat: Paying $3 Per Twitter Follower

As well as some of his posts on other best-sellers and how they reached the top:

How Tucker Max Got Rejected by Publishing and Still Hit #1 New York Times

How Authors Really Make Money: The Rebirth of Seth Godin and Death of Traditional Publishing

Tim Ferriss and Ramit Sethi on Blogging Techniques and Self-Publishing vs. Big Publishers

How Does a Bestseller Happen? A Case Study in Hitting #1 on the New York Times

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Hey MJ, congratulations on finishing your book, looks very promising.
Is there a cheaper way for us oversees Fastlaners to order the book? Shipping on your website is $29, which makes the total about $52?

Rick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Sep 8, 2010
Bonn, Germany
The 4 Hour Body

Cold Remedy: Free Flights Anywhere in the World

The Tweet to Beat: Paying $3 Per Twitter Follower

As well as some of his posts on other best-sellers and how they reached the top:

How Tucker Max Got Rejected by Publishing and Still Hit #1 New York Times

How Authors Really Make Money: The Rebirth of Seth Godin and Death of Traditional Publishing

Tim Ferriss and Ramit Sethi on Blogging Techniques and Self-Publishing vs. Big Publishers

How Does a Bestseller Happen? A Case Study in Hitting #1 on the New York Times

This list of book recommendations is awesome. Every single one of it sounds really interesting. But I will resist the temptation to buy more than one of it. I tend to buy the 4 Hour Body. Why? Because it says "You will learn how to produce 15-minute female orgasms" on the cover.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Shipping on your website is $29, which makes the total about $52?

I know, I am struggling with the international shipping aspect of this ... it will be on Kindle and iBooks eventually. I have to find a cheaper way to get it overseas and I'm not sure I want to do instant downloads via PDF as the reading experience is different.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
The number one thing I have always taken from MJ's story is that it is inspiring. I have several different drafts of the story saved on my different computers from over the years, and I make it a point to read it at least every other month or so (sometimes on days when youd least expect it...when Im overwhelmed in the office on a Monday morning or when Im feeling empowered on a Wednesday night at 1AM and cant sleep, and am looking for that story of someone who MADE IT BIG!). Reason being? It INSPIRES me. It tells the story of someone who came from an ordinary upbringing, and literally CHANGED their life by realizing; "The lottery is for dreamers, and no one is going to walk up and hand me millions of dollars for nothing. If I want to be rich, I'm going to have to get off my asss and DO IT!".

Its the same sort of pepped up feeling you get from watching any of the Rocky movies. :) It makes you want to immediatly get off the couch and DO something! For me, sometimes that means immediatly jumping on the computer to research and read. Sometimes it means grabbing my car keys and driving to Borders or Barnes and Noble to pick up a new book. Other times its as easy as just going out to my garage to see what I have to sell on Ebay or Craigslist, as his story ALWAYS gets me in the mood to MAKE MONEY!!!

If NOTHING else were to come out of his book, it is worth the read just to broaden your mindset. If you read the first 40 pages he posted and dont find yourself longing to read the next 250 (or however long the book is, lol), then perhaps the fastlane isnt for you. ;)

Im not looking for a "how-to" book in regards to getting rich, as I think he has taught me enough over the years to already equip me to do so. What I'm looking for is that next JOLT of motivation...that next JOLT of energy that screams, "Mike, youre not rich yet. What are you doing RIGHT NOW TO CHANGE THAT?!?" :)

All the best guys,

MJG

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
I know, I am struggling with the international shipping aspect of this ... it will be on Kindle and iBooks eventually. I have to find a cheaper way to get it overseas and I'm not sure I want to do instant downloads via PDF as the reading experience is different.

I don't how this exactly works, but BookDepository.co.uk is one of the best "international" online bookstores, offering FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING on all its titles, so maybe you can sort of "submit" your ISBN or something like that so that they can start carrying your book on their website and then all overseas customers will be able to buy it at a very reasonable price, just a suggestion :smug2:

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
This list of book recommendations is awesome. Every single one of it sounds really interesting. But I will resist the temptation to buy more than one of it. I tend to buy the 4 Hour Body. Why? Because it says "You will learn how to produce 15-minute female orgasms" on the cover.

The recommendations are for how to promote a book, although I know that Seth Godin's books have been praised on here as well as the 4HWW and I'm sure a few of us that fall in my demographic(21-49yo Males) would like Tucker Max's work ;)

As for the 4-Hr Body... I'm already a living example of one of his principles in rapid weight loss(20lbs in 33 days) and I too am looking forward to the rest of it, but back on topic, these forums as well as MJ's blog posts have been a great teaser to what will be in the book :)

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Big money vs good money

This morning I read the chapter on the Commandment of Control. When I got to the part where MJ talks about good money ($20K/month), big money ($200K/month), and legendary money ($1 million/month) I had to laugh at myself. The reason is that this past weekend I attended a seminar where we were told to write down a big goal that we wanted to achieve. I wrote that I wanted to make $10K/month from a business I started. As I was writing it I was thinking, "wow, this is a huge goal, I'm scared it's too ambitious!" Then I read MJ's book this morning and laughed at myself for thinking that was a lot of money when in fact it's a pittance by Fastlane standards. :smx4:

This experience made me realize that although I think bigger than I used to, I need to think even bigger still!

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
Have to get another copy - cherishing the first!

I received my first copy of the autographed book today - very nicely done MJ!!

After skimming through the book today, I realized that there is no way I can mark this book up or leave it laying around to be up to chance for the moment (such as my kids getting a hold of it and ripping a page or using a crayon in it - ha!). I am dying to dig into it. But for this one, I want to put it up as part of my autographed books collection.

I am placing an order for another that will be the official study book for margin writing, underlining and highlighting!

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
This morning I read the chapter on the Commandment of Control. When I got to the part where MJ talks about good money ($20K/month), big money ($200K/month), and legendary money ($1 million/month) I had to laugh at myself. The reason is that this past weekend I attended a seminar where we were told to write down a big goal that we wanted to achieve. I wrote that I wanted to make $10K/month from a business I started. As I was writing it I was thinking, "wow, this is a huge goal, I'm scared it's too ambitious!" Then I read MJ's book this morning and laughed at myself for thinking that was a lot of money when in fact it's a pittance by Fastlane standards. :smx4:

This experience made me realize that although I think bigger than I used to, I need to think even bigger still!

Remember, as MJ has said, "Dont be afraid of the zero's!!!" ;) Great lesson to take out of that.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
30 dollars? If your so rich.... Why dont you do what felix did and charge 3 dollars? I guess giving up a penny or two isnt worth it. :)

Oh, is this because I wouldn't give you a book for FREE? Just to clue everyone else in, this douchebag PM's me wanting my book free and copped an attitude when I wouldn't give him one. Like we all know, his contributions around here are legendary to deserve something free.

This guy is a classic example of what's wrong with a lot of young people in this country -- they continually want something for nothing. Take a look at this toolbox's posts ... 47 posts of flatulent air. Yea, let me lace up a box here and ship you a copy for free. And if I offered the book for 3 bucks? You'd still complain like a whiny bitch.

For those of you reading the book, we have terminology to classify Gaulkin on page 33 ... you'll recognize it as a Sidewalker.

Get lost troll.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I miss the haterade...

Well MJ, that only Gaulkin acted like that shows me you have some awesome peeps otherwise. I hope they get your groove goin' even better than it was before he started getting under your skin!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.