The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane ... Book Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why would you have to wait till Nov 9 because you wanted it signed?

You don't have to wait until Nov 9th to get it signed although I doubt it will be cheaper because the signed copy costs more to ship on my end. Also, I have NO control over what Amazon prices the book -- they could discount it by X% or they could offer it at retail. I have no idea!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Just ordered the book!

Just bought my advanced copy! I look forward to reading it and passing it on to my friends.

Congrats MJ! :hurray:

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I think the book at Viperion cost 26.01 w/ the discount and at Amazon it cost 26.50 or something. Not much cheaper, but a little. The main point was I would get it sooner! :)

Are you saying it cost more to ship the signed copy on Viperion than the none signed? Why would that be?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Are you saying it cost more to ship the signed copy on Viperion than the none signed?

Yes, the signed copy has to come from me which is why the shipping cost is high, not necessarily because of the actual cost, but because of time; I have to pull a book, pack, deliver, and send, and stand at the post office for 2 hours. =)

It also probably will take longer to receive since it is sent media mail. The unsigned copy goes thru the fulfillment house and if you live in the US, the shipping is $4.95 and the product is sent via UPS. I'm in the process of getting UPS to come to my house so this may change -- I didn't anticipate everyone wanting signed copies!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Amazon it cost 26.50 or something.

They may lower the price on release ... whatever that is, you are guaranteed the lower price from Amazon ... (If you pay $22.95 at Amazon and they open it at 18.00 you get it at that price, plus whatever shipping offers they have.)

BigEasy25

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 4, 2010
New Orleans, LA
I just ordered my signed copy today from Viperion and can't wait to get it in! Get your butt to the post office and stand in that 2 hour line..lol. Seriously, you should think about charging more for the signed copies...seems like a lot more work and the only reason I got the signed copy is because they were the same price. I wasn't aware at the time the shipping was more.

onmyway

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 18, 2010
VA
Hey Mj, can you please clarify if whether or not the people who purchased the autographed copy will have to wait longer? I also purchased the autographed version and very excited to read it!

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I think the book at Viperion cost 26.01 w/ the discount and at Amazon it cost 26.50 or something. Not much cheaper, but a little. The main point was I would get it sooner!

Are you saying it cost more to ship the signed copy on Viperion than the none signed? Why would that be?

Because its the hook up for forum members?

It was $21.00 after the discount I accidentally ordered 4 of them lool.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
How? Did you order the autographed or non autographed. I think you had to pay $10 for the autographed and $5 for the non autographed shipped.

The discount was only with the product and not the shipping which would be around $6.85 off which brings the book close to $16 plus shipping...I understand now.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey Mj, can you please clarify if whether or not the people who purchased the autographed copy will have to wait longer?

The transit time might be identical -- unsigned copy goes to fulfillment which takes 24-48 hours then shipped via UPS Ground.

The signed copy goes out same day and is sent USPS Media Mail which is 2-9 days. I can send it first class in a priority envelope but I'm a little worried about the packaging. I think I spent 2 hours at the post office today -- definitely NOT FASTLANE!!!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I'm looking forward to buying and picking up my signed copy in person at B&P. MJ, would that be possible?:smxF:

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
The transit time might be identical -- unsigned copy goes to fulfillment which takes 24-48 hours then shipped via UPS Ground.

The signed copy goes out same day and is sent USPS Media Mail which is 2-9 days. I can send it first class in a priority envelope but I'm a little worried about the packaging. I think I spent 2 hours at the post office today -- definitely NOT FASTLANE!!!

I know the post offices are deathly slow when they are weighing out stuff, giving the price on each individual package. Can you not use USPS online service and print the label off at your home office? Since you are selling the same item (the book) your weight should be identical on each item. Might would speed the process up for you....just a suggestion?

With doing ebay, I just print the labels off and have them either pick it up at my house or I just drive to the back of the building and fill up a buggy or whatever you call them. No weighing each item (though they still should, they trust me by now) and no waiting in line.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm looking forward to buying and picking up my signed copy in person at B&P. MJ, would that be possible?

Sure!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Yeah, that was my plan, too.

Get the book now, and bring it to the B&P to get an autograph. :)

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Yes, the signed copy has to come from me which is why the shipping cost is high, not necessarily because of the actual cost, but because of time; I have to pull a book, pack, deliver, and send, and stand at the post office for 2 hours. =)

I didn't anticipate everyone wanting signed copies!

See, here I figgered you'd do some kinda fastlane automated thing-- like hire someone to sign all of your books (saving you time . . . fastlane, right?)

Sorry, bad joke. Couldn't resist! :banana:

-Russ H.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I can send it first class in a priority envelope but I'm a little worried about the packaging. I think I spent 2 hours at the post office today -- definitely NOT FASTLANE!!!

The thought of that just makes me chuckle.

MJ let me know next time you go, I'll go wait in line behind you and I'll read the book. Then I'll turn around to the guy behind me and show him the back cover with your picture and point to you and say "that's him, the author of this book on how to make millions of dollars!"

Then I can post this story below:

"So I'm standing in line at the post office reading The Millionaire Fastlane reading about the value of time and I look in front of me and there's the author standing in line to mail out copies of his book."

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
My book was ordered and is on the way. I wrote up a blog article about your release and added your book to my favorite book list. I have complete faith that it will meet all of my expectations. Here are the posts: The Millionaire Fastlane and My Favorite Books.

A76

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 19, 2010
Estonia
Hey MJ, will it be in other languages too? :)
I'm sure I will have to read at least 5 times to understand everything. :)

Motivated

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 17, 2010
Ordered mine just then, no autographed copy for me in Australia though! I'll have to come to b&p one year to get it signed.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Just got the email and ordered my signed copy this morning. Thanks MJ. :)

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I'm looking forward to hearing the feedback on the book although I'm a little worried about people's expectations on the book as it is NOT a how-to book.

Ordered my copy yesterday.

My reason for ordering the book is probably like many others on here - I don't expect the book to be the Holy Grail of "How To Get Rich" books; I ordered it because I truly appreciate all of the mentoring that you have given me over the last 3 years through this forum, and it's the very least that I could do to show my appreciation.

:thumbsup:

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

It also probably will take longer to receive since it is sent media mail. The unsigned copy goes thru the fulfillment house and if you live in the US, the shipping is $4.95 and the product is sent via UPS. I'm in the process of getting UPS to come to my house so this may change -- I didn't anticipate everyone wanting signed copies!

I ordered the autographed one through Viperion and the shipping cost was $9.99. Luckily the discount covered most of the shipping.

But if I'd known it was more work for you MJ I would have ordered the regular one and just brought it to the B&P to be signed.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Just ordered for signed copy. Will be cool to read.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
My reason for ordering the book is probably like many others on here - I don't expect the book to be the Holy Grail of "How To Get Rich" books; I ordered it because I truly appreciate all of the mentoring that you have given me over the last 3 years through this forum, and it's the very least that I could do to show my appreciation.

This is how I felt when I bought 'Crush It'. In all honesty I didn't really feel like much in that book couldn't just be found in Gary's videos, but I certainly didn't feel ripped off. A lot of the reason I bought it was kind of a 'thank you' in return for all the value I got from his videos, and if I learned more, even better!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't expect the book to be the Holy Grail of "How To Get Rich" books;

I think it is -- I wish I would have known everything in this book when I was 20. It would have represented the "Yellow Brick Road" to me. Of course, my perception of the book is not relevant -- the marketplace makes that determination. The marketplace determines its value -- NOT ME.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.