The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Joe Rogan Experience - Elon Musk

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
I dont think I sat around waiting for a podcast to start except this one. I love JREs format because it's very casual and laid back and you get to see what kind of person the guest is.

Elon came off as really awkward but not without confirming the fact that he's a genius, a workaholic and really quite a rare human being. I enjoyed this podcast

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
  • He's got a permit for the pit. Big pit. Just filled out a form. Simply a pit. A pit in their parking lot. You don't really care about the existential nature of a pit. You just say like, "I want a pit".
  • Don't be a business magnate. Be a business magnet.
  • Rogan definitely could've done the interview better, but it was still interesting to see Musk in the more relaxed JRE setting
Freaking stoned Joe, he’s such a meathead. He didn’t even touch on Tesla or SpaceX, or even Mars.

Always babbling on about metaphysical BS or elk meat.
At least he showed his true meathead nature in this podcast. Was afraid we'd see too much of pseudo-academic Joe "This is an incredibly complicated issue" Rogan.

Last edited:

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
At least he showed his true meathead nature in this podcast. Was afraid we'd see too much of pseudo-academic Joe "This is an incredibly complicated issue" Rogan.
That only works around his other meathead buddies. Lol

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Interesting that Elon Musk decided to have Joe Rogan on today.

He looks so bored. Like he's stuck with babysitting a toddler for 3 hours, wishing he had a playstation.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Listened while doing some busy work:

Dude is a little awkward. Super smart. Not afraid to just do shit.

Does hardcore engineering 80% of time

Sam Harris .... AI
He has taken a fatalistic view of AI
And it will be humans using it on humans

Shit went deep on the internet being a projection of us.

Need a way to increase our input bandwidth ... two thumbs is too slow!

If you cannot beat it, join it. Merge.
It would be like a faster version of the internet connection you have w/ your phone.

At this point, Joe asked for whiskey. They drank.

discussion on social media, VR, are we in a simulation

it is going to end. so it really is all about the journey.

'where' we are is a flawed view of it.

it seemed like fun. so he did it.

tesla ... .the most fun thing to buy ever
..adding atari emulator in tesla

have to go 3d to eliminate traffic
can go down 10k feet

flying cars, too noisy

sustainable energy is incredibly important
our momentum is too slow

discussion on the justice system
most people are pretty good people
bell curve of good and bad people

wish politicians were better at science

do people want privacy?
will there be a point where security goes away
what we care about will change

it is quite hard to run companies
car companies are hard
initial tesla strategy was dumb squared ... had to redo it all

drive a model S p100d

solar roof, do it for new or a roof replacement
ac is the energy user... needs to be redone

discussion of watches
elon does not have a watch ... his phone tells the time
elon has no phone case

joe smokes some weed, elon does with him, his buddy txt him and asks why the hell he did that

elon doesn't think you want to be him ... hard to turn it off
..iso chamber to try per joe

he likes to get things done and be useful (for other people)
sees his skill as a gift (and a curse)
thought he was insane at 5 or 6 ... thought they might put him away
explosion of ideas constantly

wants to make the future good and exciting
wants to make things that people love (very difficult)

you need things to look forward to when you wake up in the morning

biological travel, limited
want to be a multi planet species

he loves humanity
love is the answer

spend more time w/ your friends than w/ social media

give people the benefit of the doubt. give them credit.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
This is the most expensive podcast ever. It cost Tesla a 10% drop of its stock. Also two senior executives quit on the spot.

Tesla erupts into stock-plunging chaos after two senior execs quit, Elon Musk takes toke

I honestly don't get it. Why does a herb have such an impact on your business? Is it because it's still illegal or because it's a psychedelic? I mean nobody would have had a problem with him smoking a cigar. But since it's weed people went nuts. His friends were texting him live on the show asking him why he was smoking. Nobody texted him while he was sipping whiskey.

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
The whole weed-part And reaction with the media is what is wrong in our current time.. And one of the biggest reasons that Trump resonates with so many..

I found it a superb interview by Musk. Never upselling, really showing his other side and opening up. While shortterm it may do harm (thanks media), in the long run this interview will contribute to Musk’s extraordinary personality and popularity. Journalists/Shorters/... seem to forget that Tesla as a product is as popular as it is, not only because of the product itself.. but even more because of Musk’s persona and being able to join and share his vision.

He will undoubtly go down as one of the most iconic persons of our era.. And I think he actually loved being there.. On the other hand, I hope he gets help/support.. if not professional, at least on a personal level to block all the negativity... his focus on love & Happiness is true yet screams for help..

The burden on that man’s shoulders...

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
This is the most expensive podcast ever. It cost Tesla a 10% drop of its stock. Also two senior executives quit on the spot.

Tesla erupts into stock-plunging chaos after two senior execs quit, Elon Musk takes toke

I honestly don't get it. Why does a herb have such an impact on your business? Is it because it's still illegal or because it's a psychedelic? I mean nobody would have had a problem with him smoking a cigar. But since it's weed people went nuts. His friends were texting him live on the show asking him why he was smoking. Nobody texted him while he was sipping whiskey.

There's nothing new here. Just another top level guy who couldn't handle the immense pressure at TSLA.

“Since I joined Tesla on August 6th, the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations,” Morton said in the filing. “This caused me to reconsider my future. I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission, and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla’s leadership or its financial reporting.”

Meanwhile, the stock plunges as grandmas all over the nation gasp at the devil's lettuce.

Either:
  1. He's playing 4D chess, and throwing the shorts a bone so they'll go away.
  2. He doesn't have any more f*s to give
I'm going with door number 2.

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Interesting that Elon Musk decided to have Joe Rogan on today.

He looks so bored. Like he's stuck with babysitting a toddler for 3 hours, wishing he had a playstation.
If you watch more interviews with Elon, you'll see that's just his demeanor. He was actually quite engaged, and gave thoughtful and insightful answers. He said before that he wanted to go on Joe's podcast, he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to. He generally takes a while to open up to people, and this is his first time meeting Joe. Ashlee Vance said it took over 30 hours of meeting with Elon until he really would open up to him.
The whole weed-part And reaction with the media is what is wrong in our current time.. And one of the biggest reasons that Trump resonates with so many..

I found it a superb interview by Musk. Never upselling, really showing his other side and opening up. While shortterm it may do harm (thanks media), in the long run this interview will contribute to Musk’s extraordinary personality and popularity. Journalists/Shorters/... seem to forget that Tesla as a product is as popular as it is, not only because of the product itself.. but even more because of Musk’s persona and being able to join and share his vision.
Look at this ridiculous article:

Tesla stock tanks as much as 9% after top executives resign and Elon Musk smokes weed on video

"bizarre video showing CEO Elon Musk smoking pot on a podcast."

Bizarre video??? Hahahahahaha. Joe Rogan's podcast is relaxed and basically like hanging out. Also people can say whatever they want, there's no format to follow. Mainstream media is terrified of the new age.

And so what if Elon tries some pot? I love how they try to make us believe we should be bothered. The falsehoods try to delegitimize truth.

He will undoubtly go down as one of the most iconic persons of our era.. And I think he actually loved being there.. On the other hand, I hope he gets help/support.. if not professional, at least on a personal level to block all the negativity... his focus on love & Happiness is true yet screams for help..

The burden on that man’s shoulders...
I think as for the amount he works, that's just him. That's how he's been ever since he was a kid, I don't think he just turns it off. He's probably affected by the recent troubles Tesla is having, but even if everything with Tesla was fine, he's a high energy person with a ridiculous amount of vigor and would also be intense with everything he does.

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
I wish I watched the show before the markets closed. I think it was a good buying opportunity today.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Actually surprised Elon hasn't foraged into the cannabis industry...

I agree, I've really grown tired of the pearl-clutching media and their holier than thou self-righteousness...

Couple weeks ago we had our primary and a local politician tried to besmirch the competition because she made some "off the cuff" joke. I was undecided at that point and he made it clear to advertise her little joke in all his advertising. I found it nothing but good humored. His pearl-clutching ad had the exact opposite effect ... I voted for his opponent.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Freaking stoned Joe, he’s such a meathead. He didn’t even touch on Tesla or SpaceX, or even Mars.

Always babbling on about metaphysical BS or elk meat.

There were probably off limit topics discussed at the beginning. Stuff like the trapped soccer kids, anything that would affect stock price, etc...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Great interview.

I wonder how many car CEOs could answer a question like, what’s the weight distribution in your car? Or was the steering wheel stock or custom? Or why is the engine sitting on the rear axle bad?

Joe didn’t get some of his explanations about the vertical take off plane, but as an engineer I understood it and it totally made sense. Ask the CEO of Delta or Boeing how planes fly and see what answers they come up with.

I was super excited to listen to this. I had a 11 hour drive to do and was saving this podcast for my drive. But i couldn’t resist and started watching it at home. Was looking forward to this than more than any movie coming out!

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Cool AF, Joe's the man.
"come chat, have a drink, have a blunt, lets vibe" And for all that casualness, is a MASSIVE FU to the haters. Neither him nor his guests give 2 shits what all the judgemental, offended people in the world think, they talk, chill, and keep moving forward. Love it. I always learn something as a consumer of Joe's content, but get MORE just observing and watching what he does, living the unscripted life to the max :clap::

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Great business idea actually...
1f914.png

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Great interview.

I wonder how many car CEOs could answer a question like, what’s the weight distribution in your car? Or was the steering wheel stock or custom? Or why is the engine sitting on the rear axle bad?

Joe didn’t get some of his explanations about the vertical take off plane, but as an engineer I understood it and it totally made sense. Ask the CEO of Delta or Boeing how planes fly and see what answers they come up with.

I was super excited to listen to this. I had a 11 hour drive to do and was saving this podcast for my drive. But i couldn’t resist and started watching it at home. Was looking forward to this than more than any movie coming out!
I liked how Joe was honest and said, "I'm too stupid for this. Let's get some Whiskey"

I remember reading the story of just before SpaceX was started. Elon took a flight with some partners/engineers to Moscow to buy a used ICBM(Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) to turn tino a small rocket. When they got there the Russians just drank and partied. Elon finally got the chance to tell them, "I want to buy a missile from you guys". The Russians just kept telling him no. Elon felt so defeated. They hopped on his private jet back to California. His partner told him, "We're sorry this isn't working out for you". Elon turned back to him with his computer showing the schematics and finances of a small rocket and said, "We're going to build our own rocket. This can work. We have to make this happen."

Then a few months later Elon announces to the Department of Defense the Falcon 1 rocket. Afterwards his engineers came up to him saying, "We haven't built anything yet." Elon 's just said, "Let's get on it. We have no time to waste."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.