The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

the jack call

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Agreed. Here's the thing...most people approach a mentor saying. "Teach me. I am committed and I will do whatever it takes. I am a hard worker".

The reality is this: most people do not trust themselves enough to take the leap. They don't believe in themselves. This leads them to half assing the work. Half assing the work leads to failure.

If one wishes to get a mentor, he must first be able to prove that he is different from the 99 guys who came before him. Words are not enough.
Thanks for chiming in. Always love your perspective.!

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
@IceCreamKid, can you help us determine what the actual role of a mentor is?

I'm going to the ice cream shop tomorrow!

I don't think there's any wrong or right answer for this, but for me personally a mentor is someone who helps you see blind spots that you're missing and assists in speeding up your process.They are your biggest cheerleader, but will also kick your a$$ if you're not constantly moving forward daily.

I generally have two types of mentors:
1. The guy who is 1 million steps ahead of me. This type definitely sees the bigger picture and helps bring clarity to the overall plan of attack.

2. The guy who is 1,000 steps ahead of me. This type is further down the path to success than me, but still close enough to where I am that he easily remembers all of the mental struggles of a beginner entrepreneur. After many years of being in business, it's easy for guys like Z or Jack to forget how it was to be starting out. The insecurities, fears, doubts, anxiety etc...the big boys mastered those emotions a long time ago to the point where they unconsciously control it far better than a newbie.

I think it's important to have both types of mentors.

The IceCreamKid persona was created to help bridge the gap between the newbies and the Z's/JackEdward's of the world. Many look at Z's or Jack's success and think, "gosh that will never happen to me". I hate when people call me a mentor btw because I feel like I still have a ton to learn.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
ICK You post a lot about the mental mindset part of things. I would love to read such in-depth details about how you have paired this with your action and execution.

Whenever you feel like posting about it! Please and thank you. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
ICK You post a lot about the mental mindset part of things. I would love to read such in-depth details about how you have paired this with your action and execution.

At its core, one of the basic laws of entrepreneurship is that you must become very good recognizing and managing your emotional state. I've found that if you can master your emotions, everything else magically falls into place.

For example, not too long ago I had some pretty major manufacturing issues. My products started literally breaking on my customers months after purchase. I searched everywhere for a solution....called a bunch of manufacturers locally in Cali, in other states, even took a shot at the possibility of importing from Mexico. I'm not going to lie and act like a superhero, I had a few moments where I was thinking my business would be dead in a few months. Sales dropped from $2k a day to $200 a day.

The younger me would've given up far earlier and hopped onto a new idea. That's an emotionally weak mindset. Anyway, this is one situation where I promised myself that I'll see it through to the very end. No more idea jumping. So I kept calling manufacturers, kept driving around, and eventually found the solution. That's what mindset does...it carries you through the rough waters so that you can become a more skilled sailor.

Everybody wants smooth waters and a step-by-step plan. The business ocean is everything but smooth waters so you have to be emotionally adapted for it or else failure is inevitable, even if you have a step-by-step plan.

1. Believe/trust in yourself
2. Attack your fear because you will become a stronger person for doing so
3. Work harder when obstacles show up. It's just another barrier to entry and that's a good thing.
4. Problems are nothing more than solvable challenges.
5. Embrace failure. You need to fail in order to become successful. I'm not saying to go out and do stupid shit btw, my point is that you should be willing to accept the possibility of failure if you wish to have a shot at getting the ice cream.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't think there's any wrong or right answer for this, but for me personally a mentor is someone who helps you see blind spots that you're missing and assists in speeding up your process.They are your biggest cheerleader, but will also kick your a$$ if you're not constantly moving forward daily.

I generally have two types of mentors:
1. The guy who is 1 million steps ahead of me. This type definitely sees the bigger picture and helps bring clarity to the overall plan of attack.

2. The guy who is 1,000 steps ahead of me. This type is further down the path to success than me, but still close enough to where I am that he easily remembers all of the mental struggles of a beginner entrepreneur. After many years of being in business, it's easy for guys like Z or Jack to forget how it was to be starting out. The insecurities, fears, doubts, anxiety etc...the big boys mastered those emotions a long time ago to the point where they unconsciously control it far better than a newbie.

I think it's important to have both types of mentors.

The IceCreamKid persona was created to help bridge the gap between the newbies and the Z's/JackEdward's of the world. Many look at Z's or Jack's success and think, "gosh that will never happen to me". I hate when people call me a mentor btw because I feel like I still have a ton to learn.
If someone sees you as a mentor, why not embrace that, accept that they look up to you?

This is a great answer, and I appreciate that you leave such valuable chunks laying around! $Rep on its way!

@MJ DeMarco, the $ Rep bank here just gave me an epiphany about value. I keep giving it away when something adds value to my life and gives me a better understanding of something, which in turn helps me add value in what I post. Then out of nowhere, my "bank" is back to where it was, often times higher, because other people saw value in what I wrote. I can see how that very easily translates to the world of entrepreneurship.

You, sir, are a smart man.

Last edited:

Mike TG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
850%
Jul 17, 2013
@KLaw Here are my thoughts...

I did cold calling in the evenings when I was in high school. I was 17. Yes, I was that hated telemarketer that interrupted you during dinner. This was when the real estate market in Phoenix was really heating up. I was working for a fastlaner who had a beautiful Lamborghini Gallardo. It was a mortgage company, really more of a broker, who found and refinanced people. My job was to figure out what interest rate people had on their mortgage and if it fit our parameters, to try and convince them to meet with a loan officer. This included getting their SSN (for those outside the US, social security number, used to identify everyone in the US. Very sensitive stuff). Needless to say, I did A TON of cold calls. I'm talking 200+ dials in 4 hours when I sucked, less when I got better at getting people on the phone.

My strategy on cold calls was 2 part.

1. Get them to start talking - This is the first part of just trying to get them on the phone. Motivations still come into play, but at this stage of overwhelming rejection, it's really more about a few tricks to get through a gatekeeper (in my case the wife) and then a general motivation which applies to the population to which you are speaking. It's a numbers game.

2. Oh s***, they are talking! - This is that pink, juicy center. This is where the motivations really start to come into play. I've talked about and will continue to do so on my AMA so I won't go to in depth on motivations here. But this is where you can really use motivations to get them talking and keep them talking. To make them like you so that they want to talk to you.

I've been on both ends of the phone in this situation. I was the caller when I was young and then I was the guy who answered, equipped with a gatekeeper and everything, when I was running my business. It is a paradox. As a business owner, you don't want to waste time on BS calls. But you would love for someone to come along and fix a major pain point for you and your business. How do problem-solvers and value-adders let you know about their product or service? The same way. Hence the paradox.

I had a guy who was staying on the phone with me but wouldn't set an appointment. He kept saying that he thought I couldn't help him and that it would be a waste of time. I was trying everything on the script. Talking about how good our company was at refinancing, the power of our brokers, our credibility, blah blah blah. Throughout the conversation, I could hear kids in the background. Finally I asked him if he had kids. When he said he did, I asked him what $300 a month (the average savings on a refinance) could do for his 2 little girls. A college savings fund. Less financial stress. Even just an extra toy for their enjoyment and happiness. Then I asked him if it was worth it, even if there was only a small chance we could save him money on a refinance, not for him, but for his little girls? Wouldn't that be worth it? Then I shut up and let his inner motivation do the work for me. There was silence for about 10 seconds (count to 10, it feels like forever in a conversation) and then he asked me if I had an appointment on Tuesday evening. Boom.

Is it 1980ish and spamy? Yea, it is a little bit. Thus the rise of the Do Not Call list. But many people talk about how annoying advertising is and how they are "immune" to it. I raise the bullshit flag. Americans alone spend around 10.5 TRILLION every QUARTER, every 3 months. Even with what I know about motivations and human interaction, I am not even close to immune. I used to tell my students that for every person in the world (even the best trained person in the world), there was another person out there somewhere who could get through and convince them of anything.

So yes, it is fear. Fear of rejection, fear of a lack of value, fear of sounding cheap, fear of fear... whatever. I think a mental paradigm shift has to happen to be effective at cold-calling. Understand that the people you are trying to talk to can be helped by what you are calling about and that you are the one who has to deliver the message. This changes the narrative. You are no longer that person who is bothering them during their workday, you are the person who is on a crusade to help that person, to add value to their lives and businesses.

Im not really providing value to them at this point, just asking them to mentally trust a stranger calling them prodding for information.

If this is how you view it, then yes, that is what it is and they will just be annoyed and you won't be effective. If, however, you come from the perspective of being a dog in THEIR fight, someone working toward a solution and trying desperately to develop it for delivery, then they will get it and you will be effective. The first call will be the hardest. As soon as you extract even ONE piece of information, ONE pain point, you can leverage that into even more effective communication.

"Mr. Customer, I would like to ask you some questions (read: waste your valuable time) and if you have a few minutes I would like to know more (read: I need something) about the problems you are having in your business."

"Mr. Customer, I spoke earlier to some of your competitors (read: Your competition knows what I am saying, shouldn't you?) about the major problems in the widget making industry. I am researching this subject in order to finally develop a solution and make the days of business owners like you a little easier (read: I'm not promising anything crazy, just something that could help you) and would like to ask you a few questions in order to ensure we are truly solving the problems you face on a day-to-day basis."

The second way obviously sounds better but WHY it sounds better is important. The second way is all about the target. All about his problems. All about his situation. All of the sudden you sound like an important person to speak with. Your value has gone up immediately and the target is MOTIVATED enough to spend his valuable time on you. Not to mention, you can prep the market for launch with these calls. After a great, motivations based conversation, a quick "Well, you have really helped us/me understand the fundamentals of solving these problems. Tell you what, I am going to email you when our solution is ready. Is busybusinessowner@busybusiness.com the best email address to reach you at?" would solidify his interest.

We know the call is really about you and your fastlane pursuits. But in the end, you really are trying to add value to the person with whom you are talking, so why not sound like it? A cold-caller is only annoying to a business owner until you've tapped into his motivation and he really likes what you are saying. After that, you are no longer a cold-caller. You are that guy who is connected to problem solving. You are the interesting call he got that day. Get yourself into this mindset before the call and your numbers are going to go through the roof.

@MJ DeMarco did this throughout the entire book. The whole book appeals to our motivations. And look what an impact it has made on this entire community. Just sayin...

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
@KLaw Here are my thoughts...

I did cold calling in the evenings when I was in high school. I was 17. Yes, I was that hated telemarketer that interrupted you during dinner. This was when the real estate market in Phoenix was really heating up. I was working for a fastlaner who had a beautiful Lamborghini Gallardo. It was a mortgage company, really more of a broker, who found and refinanced people. My job was to figure out what interest rate people had on their mortgage and if it fit our parameters, to try and convince them to meet with a loan officer. This included getting their SSN (for those outside the US, social security number, used to identify everyone in the US. Very sensitive stuff). Needless to say, I did A TON of cold calls. I'm talking 200+ dials in 4 hours when I sucked, less when I got better at getting people on the phone.

1. Get them to start talking - This is the first part of just trying to get them on the phone. Motivations still come into play, but at this stage of overwhelming rejection, it's really more about a few tricks to get through a gatekeeper (in my case the wife) and then a general motivation which applies to the population to which you are speaking. It's a numbers game.

2. Oh s***, they are talking! - This is that pink, juicy center. This is where the motivations really start to come into play. I've talked about and will continue to do so on my AMA so I won't go to in depth on motivations here. But this is where you can really use motivations to get them talking and keep them talking. To make them like you so that they want to talk to you.

I've been on both ends of the phone in this situation. I was the caller when I was young and then I was the guy who answered, equipped with a gatekeeper and everything, when I was running my business. It is a paradox. As a business owner, you don't want to waste time on BS calls. But you would love for someone to come along and fix a major pain point for you and your business. How do problem-solvers and value-adders let you know about their product or service? The same way. Hence the paradox.

I had a guy who was staying on the phone with me but wouldn't set an appointment. He kept saying that he thought I couldn't help him and that it would be a waste of time. I was trying everything on the script. Talking about how good our company was at refinancing, the power of our brokers, our credibility, blah blah blah. Throughout the conversation, I could hear kids in the background. Finally I asked him if he had kids. When he said he did, I asked him what $300 a month (the average savings on a refinance) could do for his 2 little girls. A college savings fund. Less financial stress. Even just an extra toy for their enjoyment and happiness. Then I asked him if it was worth it, even if there was only a small chance we could save him money on a refinance, not for him, but for his little girls? Wouldn't that be worth it? Then I shut up and let his inner motivation do the work for me. There was silence for about 10 seconds (count to 10, it feels like forever in a conversation) and then he asked me if I had an appointment on Tuesday evening. Boom.

Is it 1980ish and spamy? Yea, it is a little bit. Thus the rise of the Do Not Call list. But many people talk about how annoying advertising is and how they are "immune" to it. I raise the bullshit flag. Americans alone spend around 10.5 TRILLION every QUARTER, every 3 months. Even with what I know about motivations and human interaction, I am not even close to immune. I used to tell my students that for every person in the world (even the best trained person in the world), there was another person out there somewhere who could get through and convince them of anything.

So yes, it is fear. Fear of rejection, fear of a lack of value, fear of sounding cheap, fear of fear... whatever. I think a mental paradigm shift has to happen to be effective at cold-calling. Understand that the people you are trying to talk to can be helped by what you are calling about and that you are the one who has to deliver the message. This changes the narrative. You are no longer that person who is bothering them during their workday, you are the person who is on a crusade to help that person, to add value to their lives and businesses.

If this is how you view it, then yes, that is what it is and they will just be annoyed and you won't be effective. If, however, you come from the perspective of being a dog in THEIR fight, someone working toward a solution and trying desperately to develop it for delivery, then they will get it and you will be effective. The first call will be the hardest. As soon as you extract even ONE piece of information, ONE pain point, you can leverage that into even more effective communication.

"Mr. Customer, I would like to ask you some questions (read: waste your valuable time) and if you have a few minutes I would like to know more (read: I need something) about the problems you are having in your business."

"Mr. Customer, I spoke earlier to some of your competitors (read: Your competition knows what I am saying, shouldn't you?) about the major problems in the widget making industry. I am researching this subject in order to finally develop a solution and make the days of business owners like you a little easier (read: I'm not promising anything crazy, just something that could help you) and would like to ask you a few questions in order to ensure we are truly solving the problems you face on a day-to-day basis."

The second way obviously sounds better but WHY it sounds better is important. The second way is all about the target. All about his problems. All about his situation. All of the sudden you sound like an important person to speak with. Your value has gone up immediately and the target is MOTIVATED enough to spend his valuable time on you. Not to mention, you can prep the market for launch with these calls. After a great, motivations based conversation, a quick "Well, you have really helped us/me understand the fundamentals of solving these problems. Tell you what, I am going to email you when our solution is ready. Is busybusinessowner@busybusiness.com the best email address to reach you at?" would solidify his interest.

We know the call is really about you and your fastlane pursuits. But in the end, you really are trying to add value to the person with whom you are talking, so why not sound like it? A cold-caller is only annoying to a business owner until you've tapped into his motivation and he really likes what you are saying. After that, you are no longer a cold-caller. You are that guy who is connected to problem solving. You are the interesting call he got that day. Get yourself into this mindset before the call and your numbers are going to go through the roof.

@MJ DeMarco did this throughout the entire book. The whole book appeals to our motivations. And look what an impact it has made on this entire community. Just sayin...

$Rep Transfered...That was a very well thought out and helpful post.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
[quote="Mike TG, post: 349858, member: 17071"in p@KLaw Here are my thoughts...

@MJ DeMarco did this throughout the entire book. The whole book appeals to our motivations. And look what an impact it has made on this entire community. Just sayin...[/quote]
Thank you so much. That really puts things in perspective for me.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
I had my Jack call a few hours ago, and WOW!

I have a tonne of notes, but basically, I need to stop trying to be so innovative, and stop trying to re-invent the wheel. There is plenty of low-hanging fruit out there, and I have very realistic monetary goals, so I just need to find the right idea, and I'll be fine!

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
I had my Jack call a few hours ago, and WOW!

I have a tonne of notes, but basically, I need to stop trying to be so innovative, and stop trying to re-invent the wheel. There is plenty of low-hanging fruit out there, and I have very realistic monetary goals, so I just need to find the right idea, and I'll be fine!

I got my call tomorrow. Any questions you wished you could have asked but didn't?

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
I got my call tomorrow. Any questions you wished you could have asked but didn't?
Not really man! He covered everything, and I had a huge agenda written up. It certainly didn't go "Too Fast" for me, as I had a fair few vital bits I knew I really needed to ask. I do wish I made the agenda even longer, but the conversation went in a direction I couldn't really expect. Main thing is, have some notes up in front of you for what you crucially want to ask; and take tonnes of notes. I had a meeting with my biz partner just after to go through everything, and this call has been a huge game-changer for us.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
That's nice of you to say. Thanks.
Thank YOU Jack! I got heaps out of it mate. You're much quieter when you write than when you talk, was great to hear such a booming personality on the other end!

I hope the donation makes a difference in some way too, it's a really good thing you're doing donating your time like this to such a solid cause, karma will definitely find it's way back around to you mate, I'm sure of it.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
@codo3500, doesn't jack remind you of a real time version of the zen******* funding call???
Yet to listen to it actually, funding isn't something that has really interested me up until this point. I'll have to check it out! All I was thinking to myself was "Man, he sounds so American, I must sound so damn Aussie!" haha.

D

DeletedUser2

If one wishes to get a mentor, he must first be able to prove that he is different from the 99 guys who came before him. Words are not enough.

the people who I have mentored. have proven that they can move mountain already, and are so committed that they will show up with no hope or promise that things will work.

of the last 5 people I have mentored.

1 has been here for 3 yrs.
1 has been here for 2.3 yrs
1 has been here for 1.5 yrs
1 has been fired after 6 months.

1 just showed up last week, even tho I originally said no.
another showed up yesterday to get started and looking for a place for his wife to move, in a month or 2

Mentors.
I have had 3 good ones in my life.

Jack is being one, via the phone...
How awesome is that? I think you guys should have upped the bid, and asked for more slots.

Good luck
Z

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
the people who I have mentored. have proven that they can move mountain already, and are so committed that they will show up with no hope or promise that things will work.

of the last 5 people I have mentored.

1 has been here for 3 yrs.
1 has been here for 1.5 yrs
1 has been fired after 6 months.

1 just showed up last week, even tho I originally said no.
another showed up yesterday to get started and looking for a place for his wife to move, in a month or 2

Mentors.
I have had 3 good ones in my life.

How awesome is that? I think you guys should have upped the bid, and asked for more slots.

Good luck
Z

When you say "has been here" do you mean working for you in your company? If so, have you ever successfully mentored someone who didnt work for one of your companies? Thanks.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I may be wrong, but I think @IAmTheJeff is referring to Jack's overall energy and enthusiasm in the way he talks. It has a freakishly similar feel to Z.
Precisely what I was thinking.

zen******* said:
If only I could, @zen*******

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Had my call with Jack yesterday. I can honestly say it was just as awesome as I had expected it to be. I'm very grateful for the pieces of knowledge I can now utilize going forward with my business. It's a great thing to not only help a family in need, but to also have 1 on 1 time with a pro. If Jack ever does something like this again, you can count me in no matter the price.

Zulu

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 14, 2013
Kingston - DC - Everywhere in Between
Just had my call with Jack. Really grateful I was given the opportunity to pick his brain. Dude is so helpful. I definitely wasn't going to waste time before, but I'd feel like a real dirtbag if I took his advice and didn't do anything with it.

Jack, thank you.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
I had my call with @JackEdwards yesterday morning.

What I do know for sure is about midway through the call I felt a shift in my... not necessarily my mindset... I almost want to call it a shift in my soul. I know, I know this sounds pretty melodramatic. But I can't really explain it or the feeling I've had since I got off of the call and it still remains with me. Two words come to my mind and these two words have almost opposite meanings. I just feel very, very calm and have a levity about me that I have never experienced before (hell, I've never even used the word levity before).

I edited my original post above because - well because I can't write worth a damn. It was meant to relay that there is no magic bullet, there is no short cuts. However, I think it may have come across the wrong way. If anybody read it before I edited it - let me clarify. The value I received form the 70 minute conversation was/ is invaluable. Priceless. I am still trying to process / digest all of the golden nuggets that rained down on me. Bottom line: to be able to help a family in need AND speak with Jack - Shit - it just doesn't get any better then that.

Jack - Thanks a million for doing what you are doing for this family. You are a damn good man with unbelievable angles / perspectives.

Last edited:

zander

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 21, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Did he serve up that magical answer to everything? Nope.
Did he have all of the right answers? Nope

Were you expecting this?

What action have you taken since the call? You'll lose that feeling pretty quickly if you don't do anything with it.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Were you expecting this? Nope.

What action have you taken since the call? You'll lose that feeling pretty quickly if you don't do anything with it.
Researching a specific industry we talked about during the conversation.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Jack gave me the magical answer to everything, did you guys say something to offend him? Haha I'm jk, there is no magical answer. I've spent a lot of time talking with jack and while I've learned a lot, the common thing is to just do it. Call whoever you have to, everyone is accessible with a phone call. There are trillions of dollars on the other end of the phone. If you have a well thought out idea, phone calls and selling your product or service will get you to where you want to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I've spent a lot of time talking with jack and while I've learned a lot, the common thing is to just do it.

Want to know the secret to "just doing it" all the time? Put yourself in a position where failure isn't an option. You have to make the consequences of failure so dire and unthinkable that you essentially give yourself no other choice but to succeed. I'm pretty much unemployable because I've had a taste of the forbidden entrepreneurial fruit.

I've been Skyping with @bensonj over these past few days. It's super neat discussing comparing notes as both of us took the leap as we went all in.

29ljj3d.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.