The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Great Rat-Race Escape by MJ DeMarco, Now Available (All formats!)

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Just got my paper copy. I have been reading through the advanced ebook of the advanced paper copy, 111 pages in. Good stuff so far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Masterpiece.

Thank you! If you have a chance, I appreciate any reviews :pencil: at any retailer!

They really help in the early stages. :smile2:

Tiber

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 25, 2019
United States
Celebrate REAL INDEPENDENCE on your INDEPENDENCE DAY weekend.

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 13 hours Audible) is now up for pre-release with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### HOW TO ORDER

>>> Pre-Order on Kindle.
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
>>> Paperback and Audible Audiobook available on June 29th, 2021
>>> If you'd like to get an advanced copy (BEFORE June 29th) please register above to receive the first 40 pages and you will be added to an advanced list.
View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
When will there be an Audible Release?

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 13 hours Audible) is now up for pre-release with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

##### HOW TO ORDER

>>> Pre-Order on Kindle.
>>> Paperback and Audible Audiobook available on June 29th, 2021
>>> If you'd like to get an advanced copy (BEFORE June 29th) please register above to receive the first 40 pages and you will be added to an advanced list.
View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Got my copy today!!! Excited to read it. @MJ DeMarco

Attachments

• IMG_20210626_180218_634.jpg
    IMG_20210626_180218_634.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 19

guaava23

Ready for the FastLane Living!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 25, 2019
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Got mine yesterday and been reading in between euro cup games. So far I am intrigued, and its good.

Attachments

• 9596A350-E1E0-441D-B53C-CEDD53494C73.jpeg
    9596A350-E1E0-441D-B53C-CEDD53494C73.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 9

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
All these early deliveries makes me think back at all those "move to a nicer place" threads in the forums.

July 5th for me, shipped today. I'll be hunting down the mailmen/women.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
All these early deliveries makes me think back at all those "move to a nicer place" threads in the forums.

July 5th for me, shipped today. I'll be hunting down the mailmen/women.

I was surprised - got to me in Poland in 2/3 days. Usually it’s well over a week.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ did it again. This new book is done so well that I might consider it the best book so far, and the previous ones weren't easy to beat at all. The storytelling really attaches extra emotions to the concepts and deposits them deeper into you. I'm loving it and it will guide me in my life like the other two books. I'm not quite "living the dream" so far, but I started a business that is doing decently after 3 years, I know it will get better if I keep following the advice, and I owe pretty much everything to "my virtual uncle MJ" for the mindset his books gave me.

PS: I hope an audiobook version comes soon!

Thank you... the emotional part of the story was the hardest part (it's a business book!) so I had to interject a sub-plot drama which, as you probably could guess, was the riskiest part of the book.

Ultimately, I wanted the reader to feel a wide scale of emotions from anxiety, sorrow, to sadness, to happiness and jubilation. To do that, I had to go into an area most wouldn't dare to tread...

Glad you hear you've got a business churning along...

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
So far the chapter "A new hope" is by far my favorite. It's frickin hilarious. The way Sam talks about the books is exactly on point with what my girlfriend thought before reading them. :D

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So far the chapter "A new hope" is by far my favorite. It's frickin hilarious. The way Sam talks about the books is exactly on point with what my girlfriend thought before reading them. :D

You mean Jeff's reaction? Sam read the books, Jeff did not.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
You mean Jeff's reaction? Sam read the books, Jeff did not.
I guess it's more like Sam's. She wouldn't go as far as call it a pyramid scheme, but cheesy title? juvenile writing? That's right on point there :D.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yah! Looks like Audible was able to get the book on sale by it's release date!

Now available on Audio-book!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Started reading the Kindle version today.

Yah! Looks like Audible was able to get the book on sale by it's release date!

Now available on Audio-book!

That's surprising. Often it takes them a few weeks to process a book half the length of yours. Great to hear it didn't happen to you and you can sell all the formats right away.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
got my paperback version yesterday, reading it as I have time :)

FullTimePreneur

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 6, 2015
Jersey City
Got both the Kindle and Audible versions. Currently listening to the audiobook and it's fantastic so far!

Just a heads up, it looks like the "The Bad Math Principle" chapter is spelled wrong on the audible version: "The Bath Math Principle". Looks good on the kindle version!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210629-133224.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629-133224.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 11

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That's surprising. Often it takes them a few weeks to process a book half the length of yours. Great to hear it didn't happen to you and you can sell all the formats right away.

Yea, it was really curious to me. It only took 1.5 business days. They recently improved their process to TEN business days. Maybe because I made it exclusive?

Just a heads up, it looks like the "The Bad Math Principle" chapter is spelled wrong on the audible version: "The Bath Math Principle". Looks good on the kindle version!

Thanks!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Yea, it was really curious to me. It only took 1.5 business days. They recently improved their process to TEN business days. Maybe because I made it exclusive?

I always do exclusive. I guess they're finally improving the most frustrating aspect of publishing with them.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Ahahaha :rofl:

The writing is a bit juvenile for your taste, but the math made perfect sense and --

Caught me off guard.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ahahaha :rofl:

The writing is a bit juvenile for your taste, but the math made perfect sense and --

Caught me off guard.

Yea, I had a bit of fun jabbing my younger self.

fazia123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 14, 2021

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Y aura t il une traduction en français ?

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.