The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Fastlane Roadmaps

SOLV

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 4, 2021
I am currently reading the "Fastlane" book and wonder about roadmaps.
I think that sometimes, or probably most of the time, there is no pure "sidewalk", "slowlane" or "fastlane".
In real life we have combinations of these, for example "sidewalk/slowlane" or "slowlane/fastlane".
What is your opinion on this ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 12, 2021
I think there is no ongoing slowlane/fastlane mixture, as fastlane (and unscription) requires a mindset change. However I read a lot of ppl are working on their fastlane business at off-hours while still working on their slowlane job to provide for their families. I am at that stage currently.

I know that "I have responsibilities" is an outlined excuse for not going full fastlane as mentioned in the book. Just not getting my business started in time and having to file for personal insolvency, which leads to denying my kids of their familiar environment as a result seems equally irresponsible to me.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Fastlane success is still possible while working at a slowlane job. I was just reading @Likwid24 's INSIDERS thread about The Paintbrush Cover and he developed it while working as a painter. In MJs analysis of it later, he praised Likwid for "engaging the marketplace" of other painters.

"Living the Fastlane" is an Event - you sell a company, you make X thousands per month, etc, but the Process behind it is the "Fastlane mindset + actions".

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Check my updated progress thread on the inside for more on this.....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am currently reading the "Fastlane" book and wonder about roadmaps.
I think that sometimes, or probably most of the time, there is no pure "sidewalk", "slowlane" or "fastlane".
In real life we have combinations of these, for example "sidewalk/slowlane" or "slowlane/fastlane".
What is your opinion on this ?

Yes, we can meander into various mindsets from time to time. You can be "Fastlane" and make dumb financial decisions and ultimately have Sidewalk tendencies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.