The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

The Fastlane Roadmaps

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

SOLV

New Contributor
Apr 4, 2021
I am currently reading the "Fastlane" book and wonder about roadmaps.
I think that sometimes, or probably most of the time, there is no pure "sidewalk", "slowlane" or "fastlane".
In real life we have combinations of these, for example "sidewalk/slowlane" or "slowlane/fastlane".
What is your opinion on this ?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

jpl

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 12, 2021
I think there is no ongoing slowlane/fastlane mixture, as fastlane (and unscription) requires a mindset change. However I read a lot of ppl are working on their fastlane business at off-hours while still working on their slowlane job to provide for their families. I am at that stage currently.

I know that "I have responsibilities" is an outlined excuse for not going full fastlane as mentioned in the book. Just not getting my business started in time and having to file for personal insolvency, which leads to denying my kids of their familiar environment as a result seems equally irresponsible to me.

mdot

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Fastlane success is still possible while working at a slowlane job. I was just reading @Likwid24 's insiders thread about The Paintbrush Cover and he developed it while working as a painter. In MJs analysis of it later, he praised Likwid for "engaging the marketplace" of other painters.

"Living the Fastlane" is an Event - you sell a company, you make X thousands per month, etc, but the Process behind it is the "Fastlane mindset + actions".

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I am currently reading the "Fastlane" book and wonder about roadmaps.
I think that sometimes, or probably most of the time, there is no pure "sidewalk", "slowlane" or "fastlane".
In real life we have combinations of these, for example "sidewalk/slowlane" or "slowlane/fastlane".
What is your opinion on this ?

Yes, we can meander into various mindsets from time to time. You can be "Fastlane" and make dumb financial decisions and ultimately have Sidewalk tendencies.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - can you DM me your info and I will send on some proper links. I could type it out but it...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads