The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Fastlane Forum Job Board?

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
I'd use this on day one without a doubt.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd use this on day one without a doubt.

I like it. I’d hire somebody here every time over fiverr or upwork.
I like this idea. I would hire someone from this site
I like this too.
Great idea.
Big fan of the idea.
I endorse the idea! I'd make use of it.
I like it.
I like this idea a lot.
Awesome IDEA!
I think it's a great idea. It gives people opportunity.

Here ya go...

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Posted to a new thread.

As for the idea, I'd be open for it if there was demand for it. $50 is too much, but maybe something like $10 so it's serious posts, but not cost obtrusive.

If this is interesting to anyone, let me know.

I guess it could go both ways ...

Copywriter Wanted
Copywriter For Hire
Yes, i like this idea.. I would be interested. There have been many times where i've though "hmm.. I'm interested in X, i wonder if anyone of the Fastlane Forums does this or has connections"

Edit: ahh, i see you just put it up... sweeettttt

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes, i like this idea.. I would be interested. There have been many times where i've though "hmm.. I'm interested in X, i wonder if anyone of the Fastlane Forums does this or has connections"
Yes, hope that turns out well. Gives us more opportunity to connect in a different way and make connections.

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Here ya go...

Thank you. I'll start pimping myself out ASAP!

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I've been thinking about this myself, in particular needing help with copywriting and SEO/digital marketing, but being fairly new to the forum I have been hesitant to approach people as I don't know if they're currently looking for new clients. I think a job board is a great idea, as only those who were looking for work need apply.
Just get into a conversation with them. It's all about building relationships. If they're too busy or it's not a good fit then they may be able to point you towards someone else. Even if they don't, you've had a good chat with someone and you both know better what each other does.
yea.. i've found this to be very true.. no one is gonna bite your head off for asking

putting myself out there is usually really beneficial

half the time i expect them to say 'no' but actually most of the time they're interested in whatever idea i have

you'd be surprised

rynor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 15, 2019
Orlando, FL
Excellent idea. Some members have their own businesses, which they may need some help with.

There's also a lot of freelancers on this forum looking to break into certain industries, add to their portfolios, provide value to businesses, etc. It could be beneficial to both parties.

This also reduces unnecessary spam from newcomers jumping on the forums, posting in the wrong spot, and ultimately just looking to get hired.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Yes, I like the idea as well.
But how can you make sure there won't be any spammers joining the forum only to make some quick cash?

The fee prevents people from spamming the board with jobs. On the buyer side, the person offering the job would be able to see the person's posting history and make a decision accordingly.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Yes, I like the idea as well.
But how can you make sure there won't be any spammers joining the forum only to make some quick cash?

The fee prevents people from spamming the board with jobs. On the buyer side, the person offering the job would be able to see the person's posting history and make a decision accordingly.
Yeah. I mean, people already join the forum just to spam the marketplace with ads. But when they're a scammer, the forum usually sniffs it out pretty quick.

This thread is a great example of somebody's sketchy ad and how it was received:

@MJ DeMarco thanks for the addition of the job board! This is an awesome benefit to the forum. Great idea!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This also reduces unnecessary spam from newcomers jumping on the forums, posting in the wrong spot, and ultimately just looking to get hired.

I have a solution I'm going to test for that too ... I'm probably going to have a "Sell Me Saturday" where there will be one thread (only on Saturday) where ANYONE and EVERYONE can self-promote, backlink, drop videos, whatever they want -- in ONE thread.

The amount of posts removed from the forum for backlinking is pretty heavy -- and yet, some of them are pretty interesting and helpful. I'm thinking it will help curb the stuff midweek, while yet, give folks an opportunity to get their offerings out there without a payment attached. I don't mind looking at this stuff as it's nice to see what folks are doing; I just don't like it constantly intermixed into a conversation where self-promotion is half the thread.

I, for one, would check out such a thread and find it interesting.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I have a solution I'm going to test for that too ... I'm probably going to have a "Sell Me Saturday" where there will be one thread (only on Saturday) where ANYONE and EVERYONE can self-promote, backlink, drop videos, whatever they want -- in ONE thread.

The amount of posts removed from the forum for backlinking is pretty heavy -- and yet, some of them are pretty interesting and helpful. I'm thinking it will help curb the stuff midweek, while yet, give folks an opportunity to get their offerings out there without a payment attached. I don't mind looking at this stuff as it's nice to see what folks are doing; I just don't like it constantly intermixed into a conversation where self-promotion is half the thread.

I, for one, would check out such a thread and find it interesting.

Love it.

QueueQueue

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 12, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I think it would be a good idea. I would be happy to provide Software Developer services to forum members :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.