The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The dirtiest scandal of all time!

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
My chase for money stops here, I dont want to be rich and successful, it scares me.

our_greatest_fear_poster-p228134234445568689t5wm_400.jpg

A

Anon3587x

Yes I am getting emotional, Im a human being and cant help it. I dont need a kick up the rear, I kick myself good and proper but these circumstances frustrate the hell out of me.

I did not contradict myself either, money comes to money, if I had a business to run or capital to play with, I will make a million or 2 in less than 6 months. On the other hand I am struggling with nothing, I fought my own problems, I walked 2 miles and back to go to 4 days worth of training, I borrowed a friends phone to make the calls to call them and arrange it, I went suited and booted to the interview. I was ready to make a change, I dont care about cars and houses this is not what I am pursuiting.

I wish I knew the words you needed to hear. Sorry my friend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
My depression and severe migraines caused me much problems, I have been getting migraines for nearly 10 years now since I was 14, pretty much after my first OBE. Regardless of what anyone says, I, nore brain scans understand why this is happening.
For your migraines... I don't have any clue what to do about them. I suggest keeping a log. "What did I eat today?" "What has my mood been like?" "What was the weather like?" "Did anything lessen the pain?" and whatever else you can think of. If you can find a pattern that triggers the migraine, you can at least avoid them more often, or maybe even find the cause.

Depression does suck, I know how that is. I try to look at it as a sign that there's a problem not being dealt with properly. But how do you deal with it properly? Stop trying when you're depressed. The only action you should take while depressed related to what you're depressed about, is writing down a note to yourself that says 'This is what's bothering me.' make it point blank, and bullet point it. So for example:
  • I have no money
  • I'm starving
  • I'm lonely
  • I'm a failure
Keep that list until the very moment you feel ok. Or at least neutral. Take the list, and make an action plan for each item on it to work towards. Pick one issue at a time to resolve. I'll provide an example for each.
"I have no money. Resolution plan: Look at articles other people have made, and understand what makes them look good. Use a pen-name and submit articles that match the quality of successful articles." <- Why this works: Writing is a mechanical skill. With a spell chicken, being lysdexic won't cause a problem. People don't care about perfect grammar, so having just adequate punctuation, making contractions like "don't" have the apostrophe and capitalizing nouns like English is really all you need.
"I'm starving." <- Resolution plan: Find collection of community resources and contacts I can utalize to buy cheap food. Research what is cost effective and filling. E.X. 12 medium eggs $1.99 (16 cents each) 8kg bag of brown rice (raw for going further) $4.5 etc."
"I'm lonely." <- If it's ZYX time I can call blah, blah, blah, or blah. I can visit the library to be near other people. These people on my msn list are frindly. Etc. As soon as I feel lonely, I will deal with it by doing one of these things, as is appropriate.
"I'm a failure." <- The moment you begin to feel that way, write, or look at a gratitude list. That is, a list of things which you're grateful for. Or you could try writing a success list and elaborate on what makes it a success. Ex. You said you exercised all the time for months? Do you have any idea just how successful that is in and of itself? What are the challenges you overcame? Did you lose weight? Do you know how much faster you can, further, etc? There are no doubt dozens- maybe hundreds of micro successes in that alone you take for granted.

For the last 2 years I have sat and read many self help books to cure this somewhat virus in my thoughts, they still haunt me and when I was unemployed before I truly felt trapped, the last 6 months I have tried so hard, reading more, excercising more, and just trying harder.
So don't 'cure' it. Your thoughts aren't a virus, they're just working the way your brain is made to work them. Thoughts don't always align with desires and goals, but thoughts aren't this big evil monster lurking deep inside of us... Although I love the poetic notion of that. The tortured, tragic hero has always been my favorite archetype.

Some of you will say "Hey, you're full of shit, Justin! Thoughts have power! You are what you think!" Well you're wrong. You're what you actively think. Passive thoughts are nothing more than wisps in your head.

The thing is, it's your active thoughts that make you who you are- they just usually stem from your passive thoughts.
When you have a negative thought, react to it as little as possible. Don't go 'Is that right?!' and invite more thoughts to elaborate. Just say 'uh-huh.' and direct your active thoughts towards something else. Don't get upset if it doesn't seem to work. And if you do get upset, acknowledge that you're upset as whimsically as you can but don't elaborate on the fact that you're upset. Treat it exactly as the thoughts you didn't want and focus on your desired, active thoughts. It doesn't matter how many times you lose that focus, only that you practice on retrieving it.

But is that enough? I highly doubt it. It won't stop you from getting negative thoughts. Most likely nothing ever will. The problem is, there's nothing wrong with having negative thoughts, and used right they're a very good indication of what can be changed. An indication is not enough, you need to take action.
Taking action seems like this mystical providence, so easy to say, so hard to follow. The thing is, action is easy. Action as easy as moving your arm. Right now my action is to edit a two-hour response rather than double-check my link structure and upload my website, so moneybookers can refuse me on the grounds that I refuse to provide my physical address and phone number to customers. :p

I'm a very negatively focused person myself, so believe me, I know what it's like to have a brain that wants to constantly fight, show images of bad stuff that can or has happened, and enjoys throwing around very well laid out and reasonable reasons for why I'm a failure. If there is an opportunity out there for a demotivational speaker, let me know. According to my passive thoughts, that's my only real talent.

I am very nervous about interviews and talking to people because of my confidence and confinement socially, the employers pick up on this and I get so fearful I wont get the job.
Me too. I often let that get in my way... The hardest part is actually going there.
Once again though, actively feeding the issue only worsens it. Once you're in the interview, there's no need to worry about how you come off. The other person has probably made up their mind about you before you even got there, so whatever. If you can improve it, great.
Once you get yourself into the interview, just focus on having open body language. Sit up straight, don't cross anything, and square your whole body off towards the interviewer. These people have been trained to think anyone who crosses their arms or otherwise clams up is a liar, thief, or generally untrustworthy. If you don't clam up like that, they'll probably just take being nervous as a sign of respect.

For instance, say I wanted to paint a picture, its not that simple, I first need to buy the paint and the brush, what can one do to get this money without getting a job? Getting a job and doing a job is very different, I can do whatever I put my mind to.
Hey, you're actually getting it quite well! You're just shining the wrong light on the right thoughts. *Yanks out the bulb, places a white-light bulb in, instead.*
All problems can be broken down into a set of smaller problems, and from there some of those might be further broken down. By doing that, you can come up with a solution to each smaller problem, and task them in the order they need to appear in. However, don't marry yourself to any one solution. You don't need money to get paint or brushes. What is a brush? It's a semi-absorbent material that holds it's shape so you can deposit paint, typically made out of horse hair attached to a stick. So you can make one of those. What about paint? Well, you can make paints too if you know how. It might be difficult to simulate the quality of a store-bought paint, but you can definitely make some out of items you can find.

No one is denying you have a problem, they all just believe in you so much they expect you to come to a solution! Probably not over night, and probably not while you're feeling down, but we all feel you'll get somewhere.

I cant write articles well, I am dyslexic and am not confident in my writing, what other ways are there of making money online or offline or even combined, with no money down.
I offered virus removal and general troubleshooting for computers for a while. If you decide to do that, the best way to do it is in-house so you have adequate time and access to a test computer.

I am thinking hard
Try thinking softer.

No really, you'll hurt yourself if you always try to think hard. Your brain is a high energy, high activity organ. Thinking hard is like doing sprints with your mind. This is why people have mental break downs, they constantly strain themselves with stress and over-clocked thinking. Combine that with the 'feeling trapped' issue and I will place a high stakes bet your sanity is on a one-lane trip to hell on a 65 degree downward angle, it's June so you have your summer tires on, but hey look, there's a freak weather pattern. Ice-rain.

So to reiterate, re-F*cking-lax. You can still think about things, just either do it in short stints, or pull back and do much of your thinking casually.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
But I am 24, I have done my fair shair of labouring

I am 49 this year. If I lost everything tomorrow, I would hold 3 jobs and work 100+ hours a week to feed myself and my family. I'd dig ditches, work at Mickie D's, clean up slop-- whatever it took to make it.

Just in the past few days, in addition to all my regular work, I moved carpets (heavy), mattresses, lumber, lifted and transported seven 100# plasma TVs, started mounting these TVs on the wall . . . I could go on.

It's not about your age. It's about your STATE OF MIND.

I cant help the way I feel, if I see that 80% of people are being under paid, then "yes" I will leave signs up everywhere to a site that shows how to calculate the wages!"

Think about that-- what you just said: 80% of people are being underpaid?

Isn't there a small possibility that YOU are the one whose perceptions are off?

And your first part is the most wrong: You CAN CHANGE THE WAY YOU FEEL.

In fact, it's the biggest, most important thing in the entire universe you can change-- TODAY.

Why does this company seem to think that our health and safety is of no concern, any person lifting on average 2000 50kg weights a day will feel the pressure.

Wow-- I just did the math on this. Assuming you work an 8 hour shift and have 2 breaks and lunch, this works out to lifting a new 110 pound package every 12 seconds-- FOR SIX HOURS STRAIGHT.

Sounds to me like you're unloading and stocking. That was my first "real" job. I loved it. Only got paid about $50 a week for it, after taxes.

It was like getting paid to work out at the gym, w/dead weights-- only I was getting PAID!!! :banana:

. . . thanks again everyone, I know I need to listen and shut up more, but I am still mastering myself.

It's not about listening and shutting up. It's all about CHANGING HOW YOU LOOK AT THE WORLD.

Changing how you look at the world is EASY compared to the alternative (trying to change the world itself).

And yet it sounds like that's the trap you're laying for yourself-- telling yourself that your boss is the enemy, and workers of the world should rise up and unite.

As Les Gee told me a long time ago:

If you want to change the world, work first at changing yourself.

-Russ H.

G

Guest3722A

I'm not a psych guy or internet guy but as a side observation I think this thread satisfies the needs of folks on both sides of the coin, and possibly shows additional sides on a coin that even other folks want to position themselves on.

Therefore I'd hafta say there's possibly a valuable business that could be born from this thread.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
You said " I have done reading on SEO and believe I understand it well, I am quite comfortable in this industry and this was something I was going to pursuit when In a job. I was hoping to get a camera, graphics tablet and a nice keyboard to learn all these media industries." To me it said you were going to pursue SEO after you got a job, and that once you got a job you were going to purchase the items. So maybe I concluded:

job --> items --> seo work

You are going about your free work the wrong way. You don't do a free job for everyone that might hire you. You do a free job for one person in return for a review of your work that would be posted on the thread in which you have your job offer. Once you do the free job, you also have a sample to send to people who ask for one.

For example, you offer a service and a free review copy or even a discounted one. Imagine someone who is well respected on this forum accepts your offer in return for a review. Then they come on here and post a good review. Do you think you would have problems getting more work? That's how the people in India do it. No web site, just a forum thread.

Sorry to sound confusing, but from my experience of website building I felt that SEO was a standard practice as part of internet marketing as a whole. When I built my site using wordpress, I made sure that all blog titles and posts were enriched with keywords, I made sure that the keyword plugins were added and also entered in tag words.

I am by far an expert in SEO, but I dont believe I was doing to badly, On my first month I recieved 580 unique hits and quite alot of comments, which is not bad. I also registered a domain 2012-media.com which is now down, which was perfect for google search engines at the time as the film 2012 had just been released.

As for writing or reviews, I dont wish to pursuit this side of marketing for the moment, I would prefer to stay a little more hands on or technical, there are too many barriers with sites lilke ezine when it comes to article writing, and in all honesty I am not exactly shakespeare when it comes to writing (as I have demonstrated within these last two lines)

You mentioned the SEO, if you are willing to pay someone I will happily do some work...right now in fact. I have nothing else to do and am restless at the moment, it has been 50 hours since I slept, let me know more abour your requirements and what needs to be done and I will do it.

I can design nice logos, I can perfect the look of any php coded site, not so much custom coding, but can make the sites tables fit nicely, if you needed anything more customised I will learn, I can do whatever I put my mind to, apart from find a job :smxF:

P.S Just looking at your website vids, man you are truly living my dream, the world looks so beautiful away from this country, this is why I need to be free. I want to climb the pyramids, train with a tibetan monk, help people a shoalin temple, this is so depressing, stuck on this island!

I also love cycling and that location in your video makes me envious, just done a 40 mile cycle last night hence why I have not slept, but I was avoiding rage drivers, heavy rain and pot holes, not quite the scenic route you took.

Where the heck do you find people who want to do things like this? Everyone in london wants to do drugs and get drunk, I truly hate this place. I just wanna travel the world, even if its on my own.

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
Not everyone sees and can create the opportunities for themselves, and even when they do they get beat back down.
Have you ever seen this, click on the image its a video.

As for writing or reviews, I dont wish to pursuit this side of marketing for the moment, I would prefer to stay a little more hands on or technical, there are too many barriers with sites lilke ezine when it comes to article writing, and in all honesty I am not exactly shakespeare when it comes to writing (as I have demonstrated within these last two lines)
That just sounds like an excuse. Have you actually read what ezines requirements are?

I advertised writing services before, so many people got back to me, yet the 3 that did all recieved a free article, then they vanished.
It was your choice to give them a free article. Why did you do that? You should have wrote 5 articles on 5 different topics and provided those to everyone for examples.

Start that service again. If you can, sign up for a premium account on copyscape.com. Now you can tell everyone that the articles they receive will pass copyscape. Thinking about it you could do it anyway. They have already seen your work so if they want your service they are going to pay you first. Once they pay you, you can sign up for copyscape.

I just needed survival money
I believe anyone can make money anywhere, but you need some money to start
Ok, below are 47 sites that pay you to write articles for them. Ive never tried them but you could. Do you now see how you dont need money to make money? I dont know how fast they pay you but you can use that to buy a domain and hosting, set up your seo site and start visiting local business.

These are taken from another forum, I didnt make this list. Some of the hyperlinks are messed up and you will have to type the end part in. Look at the second to see what I mean.
site:

Contributor Guidelines

highlights.com is a children's learning website, and they pay anything
from $25, up to $50 and beyond for creative stories and articles.

site:

http://personalmoneystore.com/moneyblog/job-employmentopportunities/
pay-per-post-we-buy-articles/

personalmoneystore.com have three different ways to pay their writers.
They have outright payments for freelancers, which usually pay a
minimum of $15, and they also have pay per post and commission-based
payment methods. This is a great site for testing your writing ability, and
picking the right payment model for you.

site:

Get Paid Per Tutorial or Article!

developertutorials.com are looking for content which is based on design
and programming. They pay $50-$100 per tutorial, and $30-$50 per
article.

site:

Youth Today - Story Submissions

Youth Today is the national trade newspaper for people who work with
children and youth. Payments start at $150 for small pieces and can rise
to $2,000.

site:

http://www.mothering.com/sections/submission_guidelines/submission_g
uidelines.html

mothering.com pay between $200 and $500 for a magazine article.
Although they are quite strict, if you do your research or hire a good
writer, you can make a nice profit from this website.

site:

Writing-World.com: Contributor's Guidelines

These guys are looking for articles, which teach other writers how to
become successful particularly in writing novels. They pay 5 cents per
word for original articles, to a maximum of $100 (articles over 2000
words are paid $100); $25 for reprints; $15 for humor. They will also
exchange advertising space for articles, which could be a very lucrative
avenue for you

site:

Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

associated content.com is one off the many sites which pay per
performance of your content once it is published to the site their site. This
is typically $1.50 for every one thousand page views it receives. What I
like about associatedcontent.com, is that they also offer upfront payment
ranging from $2 to $15 for certain types of content.

site:

myLot

mylot.com pays you in a variety of ways, from answering questions to
posting comments and content. The payments may not be as high as
some other sites, but if you enjoy writing them this is a great place to earn
some nice side income.

site:

Helium - Where Knowledge Rules

Helium.com offers all kinds of opportunities for writers and publishers.
They pay upfront payments for your contributions as a writer, they also
offer daily revenue share of their advertising, and they now have writing
contest where you can in money by winning contests.
At the time of writing this, Helium.com are paying between $20 and $200
for each article submitted to their marketplace.

site:

Oximeter Pulse, Oximeter Pulse Reviews, Oximeter Pulse Deals

this is a website that publishes articles and earns advertising revenue
through Google Adsense. As a writer, you share the revenue generated
through the Google ads displayed on the site. If you write articles, which
gets a lot of views, this could result in quite a lot of residual income over
time.

site:

Triond - Publish Writing, Poetry, Music, Video & Content Online

You create original and unique content in any format, and triond publish
your content on the most relevant website according to its topic.
Due to their large network of partners and affiliated websites, you get a
lot of recognition and more readership while building a portfolio and
earning revenue. It's not just writing either, they also accept photographs
and music.
You get paid by sharing revenue from advertising, which is split 50-50.
Again, this is another site where you may not get paid a lot initially. But
over time, your content can add up to generate a full-time income through
this shared revenue business model.

site:

eHow | How To Do Just About Everything! | How To Videos & Articles

Ehow.com is a general how-to website with lots of traffic and readership.
They have now started paying $15 per short article, and writing articles
for this particular website is a total breeze as they are usually short and
concise.

site:

https://www.demandstudios.com/freelance-work/writers.html

demandstudios.com pay approximately $15 per article, and also offer
revenue-sharing. This is one of the leading websites for the revenuesharing
model, and at $15 per article, it's a great place to get started at a
freelance writer.

site:

Submit to Subtropics

This site publishes literary fiction, essays, and poetry being written today,
both by established and emerging authors. They will consider works of
fiction of any length, from short shorts to novellas and self-contained
novel excerpts. The stories and essays, they pay a flat fee of $1000. For
poems, they pay $100 each!

site:

ONLINE WRITING JOBS - Freelance Writing Jobs

This is a huge marketplace of freelance writing jobs. Just this one site
alone will give you a huge selection of work as a freelance writer, but
unlike some of freelance sites, these jobs often pay much higher and
really value their writers.

site:

Freelance Writing Jobs | A Freelance Writing Community and Freelance Writing Jobs Resource

This is another website which offers lots of freelance writing
opportunities. Again, this is a place where real chicks and high paid jobs
can be found instead of battling for work at five dollars per hour. I've
personally found jobs paying $25 per article on this website, and often
much higher.

site:

Buy Website Content, Order Articles - Constant Content

This is possibly one of my favorite sites for writing content for. The great
thing about constant-content.com, is that as a contributor and writer, you
can sell three different levels of usage rights. You can sell usage rights
for lower value, unique rights for medium price point, and full rights at a
significant sum of money.
There are plenty of successful writers who are selling for rights to the
work of hundred dollars per article. This is also a great place to find out
what kind of content is in demand on what people are willing to pay good
money for. (I'll talk you through this later on in this guide)

site:

Unique content - Textbroker.com

textbroker.com is a great place for the average writer to earn good money
submitting content. Depending on the quality of the article, you can be
paid anything up to $25 for 500 words.

site:

Find Health, Education, Science & Technology Articles, Reviews, How-To and Tech Tips At Bright Hub - Apply To Be A Writer Today!

This website is geared towards people looking for a long and sustainable
career in writing. They offer upfront payments and revenue-sharing, and
provided a great community and support system for the aspiring writer.

site:

https://writers.life123.com

These guys pay up to $20 per article, and cover all most every imaginable
topic on the planet.

site:

Freelance writing work, freelance writers job, job for writers,essay writers,online writing jobs

This is a more specialized website, looking for experts content in the form
of essays. They pay up to $16 per page and offer a whole lot of support
and guidance. Although not for everybody, you will see how to use sites
like this to make money even if you are not an expert or can't write to
their standards

site:

Writing Jobs, Freelance Writing, Jobs for Writers, Online Freelance Writing and Online Writing Opportunities

This is similar to 4writers.net above, and they pay between $6 and $20
per page.

site:

Bukisa - Share your Knowledge

This is a really interesting site that has a unique payment method.
Basically, you submit content in the form of slides, videos, articles and
answers... and then you get paid a certain dollar amount for every 1000
views of your content. The dollar amount you get paid the 1000 views
depend on the current index. It's a bit like the stock market for content,
and the higher the index, the more you get paid per day. You really have
to visit the site, and read more to understand this properly!

site:

Write texts & get paid! | Ecommerce Journal

This website specializes in electrical commerce, banking and finance.
Posting your own article: $ 5, Posting news: $1, Posting an article found
online: $ 1, Posting hot forum topic found online: $0.3, Posting
an original interview: $ 5
They also pay $50 for “sensation articles†or exclusive interviews.

site:

Freelance writing jobs online - writing opportunities from best research company

This website pays up to $16 per page, but they focus on essay writers.
You also need to be qualified, but again, if you read this report. You'll
soon see how to get around this small barrier.

site:

www.lookingforclues.com

These guys buy articles from new and established freelance writers. They
pay between $10 and $20 per article. The article should be at least 6
paragraphs (800 words) and generally no more than 12 paragraphs (1600
words) in length.
They also offer to pay more money, the article if you link to them and
send them traffic. Except articles on pretty much anything you can think
of an Islamic show some kind of passion, you're good to go!

site:

ReviewMe - Advertiser: Get Traffic & Buzz! - Bloggers: Earn cash blogging!

This is an amazing little site with a great concept. Basically, this is where
people go to get their products and websites reviewed for credibility
purposes, or to get extra exposure and sales for their business.
They pay reviewers to do reviews for them via the reviewme.com
marketplace. As a blogger or writer in general, this is a great and fun
opportunity for you to write reviews and get paid between $20 and $200
for each review that you post on your site. You will need your own blog
for this, but it's worth it!

site:

Get paid for your reviews | SoftwareJudge.com

This is a software marketplace, which provides reviews on all types of
software. As a writer, you can get paid to submit reviews of software.

site:

MyEssays.com: Sell College Essays Buy Essays and Term Papers for Free

This website buys and sells essays as a broker. This is another
opportunity for you to write and submit essays and get paid good money
in the process. Again later in this guide will show you how to get around
this if you can't write essays yourself. What is really important to
remember, is that essays pay good money…so there is a massive
opportunity just waiting to be exploited here.

site:

Paid to Write Articles about Joomla!

This is a Joomla tutorial website, and they pay up to $20 per article.

site:

LoveToKnow - Everything you would LoveToKnow about Buying, Babies, Video

This is the questions and answer community driven website. This site
pays $20 per 650 word article.

site:

Writing Jobs, Freelance Writing, Jobs for Writers, Online Freelance Writing and Online Writing Opportunities

Writers at KPwriting assist customers in the development of essays, term
papers, theses, and dissertations. They will send you a quick test before
you get accepted and open your account, but I am led to believe the pay is
very good.

site:

Tips, Advice and Custom Publishing by 500+ Gurus

This is another website which provides tips on a whole range of subjects.
You earn revenue share across multiple platforms and types of content on
the site. There's also a big opportunity to get recognized and advanced
your writing career by being associated with this website.

site:

Write for About.com - Freelance writing jobs, work at home

about.com is a huge information portal, who not only pay for content but
also represents a huge opportunity to become an industry expert,
published author, or in demand professional.

site:

Write For Us

AuctionBytes-Update is a free twice-monthly email newsletter targeted
towards experienced and new users of online auctions. AuctionBytes-
Update is full of practical information for buyers and sellers written in an
easy-to-read and entertaining style. For certain types of content, they pay
you $20. None of their content exceeds 500 words, so this can be a nice
little earner for you!

site:

Rewind the Fifties - Content Writers Wanted

This website normally pays writers good money. However, it is
backlogged at the moment.

site:

Christian Parenting Magazine Writers Guidelines

This website pays up to $120 per submission. However, they do have a
bit of a slow turnaround of accepting work.

site:

Writers Wanted!!!

This is a technology-based website, providing reviews, tutorials and
guides. They pay between $20-$200 per article.

site:

EscapeHomes > Tools and Articles > Submit Article

EscapeHomes are paying up to $20 per submission for real estate and
travel articles.
site:

Write for Us – International Living

This website pays you $50 for every submission that they decide to use.
They also show an interest for photographs, which may be another
lucrative side income.

site:

PCMech - Computers and Technology for Normal People

This normally pays good money. However, it is backlogged at the
moment.

site:

Make Money Online Writing Letters

This website pays you every time somebody downloads/purchases one of
your submitted letters. They have 3500 writers earning good money right
now, so why not join them?

site:

http://cellphoneforums.net/announcements/t231340-get-paid-write-cellphone-
reviews.html

This website pays you $10 per cell phone review.

site:

Blue Mountain Arts :: About Us :: Writer's Guidelines

This website is looking for “Contemporary prose or poetry written from
personal experience that reflects the thoughts and feelings people today
want to communicate to one another, but don't always know how to put
into words.â€
They provide a vast array of postcards, cards and other printed material.
They are basically looking for content such as greeting messages, and
special poems. They pay $300 per poem!

site:

Get paid to write Video Game, Comic Book and Movie Reviews

This website pays $20 per review. The topics of your possible reviews
include games, comic books and movies. This is a really fun way to earn
good money giving your opinion!

site:

Freelance Writing Jobs & Writing Opportunities - Suite101
elance_Writing&utm_medium=button&utm_campaign=Freelance%2BW
riting%20Jobs

Suite101 currently has openings for nonfiction freelance writers across all
subject matters. With over 4,000 writers, 24 million monthly readers and
lifelong advertising royalties, Suite101 offers a well-established platform
for getting published, read and paid.

site:

Writers Research Group | Job Opportunities

I'm not actually sure what the payment structure is for this website, but I
do know that this website is currently looking for good writers. I also
know that this website gets a lot of new leads every day and is a very
reputable establishment... which just that the pay is going to be good and
the work is likely to be consistently flowing.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Here we go again... :smx3:

Excuses excuses... For the record I'm replying to this so that if someone else who really wants to do something comes across this thread it can help them...

Articles - I dislike article writing purely on the money that can be made, Im not a strong writer and my articles were taking anything up to 3 hours to write, for $5 its not worth it, you get more in a job on minimum wage. Time/energy was not adding up.

You obviously haven't tried. 3 hours to write a 400 word article??? Try 20-30 minutes. That's $10 an hour minimum. Probably more like $30/hr if I were doing it.

Free blogs - Too many limitations for a start, some dont allow advertising like wordpress, and many of these sites are terrible in the search engines. They are a great learning curve, but I have yet to find a system to implement to earn a decent income. Some hubpages make a killing, but only the chosen few.

Yeah, the big limitation is free. They should just pay you to start one. I wasn't talking about writing a blog and advertising. How about starting a bunch of blogs and charge for posts or links?

Dropshipping - Is illegal in the UK.

Somebody should tell these people: ww.ukdropshipgroup.com

Blog commenting - Biophase you mentioned blog commenting, Make Money Online By Blog Commenting | The University Kid I could not find alot about this method, but it is mentioned here that you need a website, which I dont have.

You find blogs with do follow commenting and post comments for other people who supply you with a keyword and URL to link back to. I know someone who makes $100k a year doing only this. Sick niche if you ask me.

Profile Creation - I searched google for "make money creating profiles", not much came up so I am clueless what you meant by this.

People pay you to create profiles on site and put in the bio or sig a link back to a URL. Prices have come down on this lately, still it's easy money.

Graphic Design - Unless you have a sample of a website, no one wants to work with you, I would not choose a painter to paint my house unless he had a portfolio or examples of his/her work. When I had my site, I had quite a few customers and needed to pass some on.

Ok, I'm gonna call Shennigans on this one. You had too much work you had to turn down customers?? Really... really... Where is all your old work? Destroyed in a fire? On an old 3.5" floppy and you can't find a drive? Hmmm, if I were you I would probably get a blogger page and just upload the designs and then you can send people to that website when they ask you for samples. But I know, a real designer would have a real URL and not a blogger.com site. Oh well... next idea

$5 jobs (ww.fiverr.com) - I signed up with this company, Im unsure how it all works and how you recieve the money, but if this site is legit it looks hopeful, when I click on the wanted listing, I get a blank screen and have no way of going past it, is this normal?

Haven't used it but will probably hire out a few jobs here.

Directory Submissions - Again I cant find much information on this, I am assuming that you enter peoples websites into directories and they pay to do so, I have found a few free websites but the majority are paid for. If you could clarify this, that would be helpful.

Same thing, people pay you to submit their websites into free directories.

Mturk - Had a quick look, but looks terribly under priced, there are a few well paid listings and for a few dollars here and there, it all adds up. I will look into this a bit more over the weekend, but certainly not a priority.

Hey, you don't have a job and you are now complaining about the pay being too low. The pay is only low because of your current skill level. Yes Mturk pay is super low because the tasks are menial and mundane. Who wants to get paid $0.02 a click? Learn some skills and you wouldn't have to work for .02 a click.

Let's say you can do 8 tasks per minute at $0.02, that is $9.60 per hour. If that work is too hard for you then that's your problem.

How many people here proposing these ideas have actually sat down and earned an income from them? My experience online is that people have a tendancy to push out old and outdated ideas to shut people up, I am only willing to do something which has been proved successful otherwise it contradicts the reason I am doing it.

Let me ask you how many of these on the list have you actually tried? All you do is complain and shoot down ideas. It is really sad because I could look at the list above and train anyone to make decent money in a day doing a couple of these.

Did you even go look at the wickedfire link I posted? Do I have to spell everything out? I can't believe that you honestly believe this...

I did not contradict myself either, money comes to money, if I had a business to run or capital to play with, I will make a million or 2 in less than 6 months.

Show me some skills. What skills do you have?

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
So First you were offering to write articles but you gave them away free, now you cant because youve developed dyslexia, then its because it takes you 3 hours to write one and youre a slow typer?

How much were you getting from the dole? Isnt it something like £40 ($60) a week? I have a feeling you werent upset about not getting the job, youre upset that now you arnt getting free money for doing nothing. There is a reason they get £1k to have someone sign off. Your job at asda, Im guessing was minimum wage? The UKs minimum wage is £5.93 and youre taxed at 20%. So convert that to dollars which is $7.31. Do you realize how easy it is to make that online?

I doubt you have ever experienced being stripped down to nothing, winters coming and for me its gonna be a cold one without proper clothing. I have a roof over my head, and for me right now I could not be more grateful

You really have no idea what youre talking about.
I have been refused social benefits which I am lawfully entitled too.
Who cares, you sound like every bum in the UK. 'but Im entitled to it'

By the sounds of things, you have things pretty easy but you are being a baby. You are complaining because you arnt getting your free money. This is why I hate England, youre entitled to free money because you dont have a job, you havent had one for 6 months AND you live in London. That is insane.

I apply for many jobs a day, asking anyone I meet on the street, handing out C.V's and in the last 7 months I applied myself to exactly 2533 jobs which is high daily averages, with only 1 positive reply which turned out to be a waste of time.
If this is true, it would probably benefit you to post your CV on here because there is definitely something wrong with it.

Telling someone who wakes up at 8.00 in the morning who goes for a 2 mile run in the park, does 200 push ups, 300 pull ups and anything up to 6 hours worth of cycling a day, as well as read approx 2 books every 2 weeks, they need a push, does not make any sense.

Thats not a busy day at all.

I walked past market stalls and stole some fruit to eat
Articles - I dislike article writing purely on the money that can be made, Im not a strong writer and my articles were taking anything up to 3 hours to write, for $5 its not worth it,

you get more in a job on minimum wage. Time/energy was not adding up.

Its easy for someone with money to tell someone to work harder or find a job, I know because I was once that ignorant.

If you get more from a minimum wage job go get one. Oh wait, havent you been trying to do that for 6 months? Check the third quote, you said it.

Lets figure something out. 40 hours per week at $2 per hour for 6 months is...$1,920. This is why people think youre looking for sympathy. You do not make sense. You steal fruit but article writing is below you. :nono:
----

You talk about a boot in the a$$, why dont you provide me with some wise ideas on how to earn $100, without having to work for some commercial monopoly, I refuse once and for all ever to be a slave to the system that keeps us shackled in the back of our minds.
Ok, refuse and starve.
Biophase has provided you enought info to make $100 online but you cant do it because of a childish excuse.

Youve also said you need 100 for a domain and template. You can find pretty much every template on the internet for free and you can buy a .info domain for a dollar. Why do you need 100?

Too many people try and palm me off with the idea that they too have been broke, but many fail to realize what broke means.
Neither do you, youve refused to work for a commercial monopoly. Real poor people would do anything for a chance. youre a poser wanting sympathy.

This is the 21st century, its not like the old days when you could walk up to a random market stall and do the sweeping for a few shillings.
Yea, its changed but its still the same. You 'surf' over to people through the web and offer your service for some money. Youre just making another excuse.

But I am very limited due to my resources
Youre on the internet. You have the BEST resource in the world.

You either want sympathy or attention. There is enough info in this thread to make 'survival money' It seems youre used to getting your survival money by doing nothing, aka the dole.

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
There used to be a character on the flintstones I think by the name of schleprock. This thread has made me remember him. His tagline was always something like "wowsy,wowsy woo woo, always me". He was always having bad luck.
Look I am not sure what you are wanting or expecting from this thread. Sympathy? From me, you got it, I am sorry you are in a tough spot. Guidance? From many, youve got it, youve been given ideas and guidance for what to do next. Pity? From me, youve got it, not because life has dealt you a tough hand but because you refuse to go make somehting happen and instead want to wallow in your self pity and wait for something happen because you believe life owes something.
So it all comes back to this. What were you trying tom achieve from this post? If it was sympathy, guidance and pity youve gotten it all and you can move on. I know I am

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
You know what's so cool about this thread?

It demonstrates exactly why Allseeingeye is unemployed.

Others who read this thread will see the progression-- how a call for help was given, how the community responded, and how the OP just didn't get it.

That's what makes this thread great.

It doesn't matter how good-- or how much-- advice is given.

Or how well-intentioned.

If the vessel is not ready to accept what is given,

it stays empty. :nonod:

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
OK, Ok I admit, I am a troll, I have bright green hair that stand to point and when people press the button on my back my eyes light up!

Do you *ever* read the links we post here?

Based on the abysmal responses you've given, I'd guess not.

Wait, strike that-- it does appear that you are now going to a dating site.

You ask us for advice, and filter out 95% of it as garbage.

And you wonder why you're unemployed, depressed, and broke.

Reminds me of a story:

Sam was a very devout man. One day, the radio announced "All in the town need to evacuate immediately. There is a terrible flood that will cover all of the houses, and anyone who stays behind will perish. Leave now!

But Sam thought to himself, "I don't need to leave. God will save me."

Just a day later, Sam found himself caught in the flood. As the water was up to his knees, a neighbor came by in a rowboat and offered him a ride to safety. Sam replied "No thanks. God will save me."

The water continued to rise and Sam found himself crawling out his window up onto the roof. As he struggled up the slope, out of breath, hungry, a Sheriff's boat came by and offered to take him to safety. But Sam told him "No thanks. I believe in God-- He'll save me."

After a sleepless night, the next day found Sam sitting on the highest point of his roof, his feet in the water. A rescue Coast Guard helicopter came by and lowered a ladder down to him. But Sam shouted back "No thanks. God will save me!"

You know what happened?

The waters kept rising, and eventually Sam drowned.

Next thing you know, Sam is in front of God.

"God!", says Sam, "I believed in you-- why didn't you SAVE ME?!?"

God looks at him and says, "Well, let's see . . . First I made sure you heard that radio broadcast, then I had your neighbor stop by, and then the sheriff. And then I even sent a helicopter and the coast guard . . . What more did you want?!?"

And no, Allseeingeye, this is not a religious joke. The moral of the story is:

You need to recognize when others are trying to help you.

-Russ H.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
... I came here hoping for a real solution to my problem. ..I just need some sound advice on what to do...
And you have been offered MUCH advice and MANY possible solutions!

... Your reply gives me the impression you have been quite fortunate financially and anyone who does not have a decent reply apart from tell me I need to get off my a$$, or get a job, or I need to boot myself, are just cop out answers for questions they dont have the answer to . Otherwise you would have been a little more understanding and actually given me an answer.
I did give you an answer. I was the person who wrote about our personal experience turning thrift store clothing into a 6-figure income... and yet I'm not qualified to offer this as a legitimate solution? Really?

I'm out.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Yes but I am faced with a huge barrier.

You are right.

You are faced with the biggest, most daunting barrier known to mankind:

YOURSELF.

YOU are your own worst enemy.

YOU are the reason you're not gainfully, and happily, employed.

YOU are the reason you don't have money.

-Russ H.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Wow, this is a long thread with more excuses than I can ever count.

It struck a never with me though.

If you need some money or some way to finance your life, why worry with SEO or flipping sites when obviously you have never done this successfully?

Why not go to door and say can I mow your yard for $5, can I clean your car for $5, take out your trash for a $1? Hell, go pick up cans on the side of the road. If you can't generate $50 in a week doing this, you aren't trying.

They are a literally thousands of ways you can improve your life. I started thrifting when I was in college using the same method Jill used. Don't have a car? Get someone to take you who does. Pay the person taking you by splitting profits with you. Go to one store, spend $10, take pics, resell for $40. Give the driver $20 back and you keep $20. I literally can go to one city and shop for one day and make $1,000. At the VERY least....$500. (Literally, you can do this nearly EVERY day!)

Can you read? Walk? Type? Take a picture? You can do it too!

How bad do you really want it?

I didn't set out to sell second hand clothes on ebay, but the fact is I am making twice what my friends around here locally make with four year degrees working in banks, ect. Is it glamorous? Hell no! But I am BANKING 5k per month now and that includes paying two employees anywhere from $1000 to $2000 per month to do crap I don't like doing anymore. It wasn't long ago I started out with nothing not knowing what was the difference between Tommy Hilfiger and Giorgio Armani.

If it wasn't for having a job and finishing up my college degree, I would have already have saved up enough money to buy my first home with cash. Still, I am planning on having six figures banked from ebay by the start of 2011 (and I spent some of my profits paying my way through a private univ, starting another business, ect.) and then buying a home free and clear, no financing needed. I am not saying this to brag, I was in your situation not too long ago. Trust me, it won't be easy but once you start gaining traction it will become....(gasp), FUN!

Again, how bad do you really want to change your situation?

You can do it, but it will only be you doing it. One step at a time though...

PM me if you want more details on how you can do the same thing as I did.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
My chase for money stops here, I dont want to be rich and successful, it scares me.

Bingo. After ALL of the excuses, and everything else, finally the real problem is clear! You are holding yourself back with this mentality. It scares you, you don't think you deserve it, whatever the case may be, mentally you hold yourself back from taking action because you don't fear failure - you already know what that feels like and it is comfortable. But this new thing.. Success... well that presents a lot of unknowns! You want to know what human beings number one instinct is? It is not survival. The number one human instinct is familiarity. People like to fall back on what is familiar. Which is why people will run the same patterns over and over regardless of the result. Even "successful" people will sometimes find themselves running old patterns, could be anything from over eating, to spending too much money, to treating people harshly that don't deserve it.

Awareness of the challenge can sometimes be curative in itself. But if not, here's an exercise that has helped me in the past:

1.) Write down what you want

Be clear, don't fool yourself. Really write down what you want. You say travel? Write down travel. You want to help people? Write it.

2.) Write down your beliefs about what you want (I CAN achieve this because... or I CANNOT achieve this because of....)

Don't try to fool yourself about your beliefs either. Don't say "I can achieve this because I'm super awesome" if you do not believe it. Write what you are really thinking so you can see it and reflect on it. If you think "I cannot ever travel because I don't deserve it." (Believe it or not, this one is in my private journal from long ago) Write it down! If you think "I will never have enough money to do X because I won't ever get a job." Write it down! If you think "I cannot get a job or make money because I am an idiot." Write it down!!! (Get the picture yet?) There is some real power in seeing it in black and white in front of you.

Number 3 is to modify those beliefs. I will tell you how to modify them once you have them done. You do not have to post it up for the entire world to see if you do not want, but either way just let us know that you have them down so I can tell you the next step.

I am more than willing to help brother, and so is everyone else here. But the first step is you have to want it. If you don't want help, there's nothing in my bag of tricks I can throw at you that will change your life. If you want help, be willing to help your self!

I can still help people or inspire them, I will just keep acting like a troll.

And you will help people. The position you are in now? I've come to know that it is not "Desperate and Dark times" it is the beginning of a great success story. You just have to finish the chapter and write your new life.

Good luck, I hope you do the exercise.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Bingo. After ALL of the excuses, and everything else, finally the real problem is clear! You are holding yourself back with this mentality. It scares you, you don't think you deserve it, whatever the case may be, mentally you hold yourself back from taking action because you don't fear failure - you already know what that feels like and it is comfortable. But this new thing.. Success... well that presents a lot of unknowns! You want to know what human beings number one instinct is? It is not survival. The number one human instinct is familiarity. People like to fall back on what is familiar. Which is why people will run the same patterns over and over regardless of the result. Even "successful" people will sometimes find themselves running old patterns, could be anything from over eating, to spending too much money, to treating people harshly that don't deserve it.

Awareness of the challenge can sometimes be curative in itself. But if not, here's an exercise that has helped me in the past:

1.) Write down what you want

Be clear, don't fool yourself. Really write down what you want. You say travel? Write down travel. You want to help people? Write it.

2.) Write down your beliefs about what you want (I CAN achieve this because... or I CANNOT achieve this because of....)

Don't try to fool yourself about your beliefs either. Don't say "I can achieve this because I'm super awesome" if you do not believe it. Write what you are really thinking so you can see it and reflect on it. If you think "I cannot ever travel because I don't deserve it." (Believe it or not, this one is in my private journal from long ago) Write it down! If you think "I will never have enough money to do X because I won't ever get a job." Write it down! If you think "I cannot get a job or make money because I am an idiot." Write it down!!! (Get the picture yet?) There is some real power in seeing it in black and white in front of you.

Number 3 is to modify those beliefs. I will tell you how to modify them once you have them done. You do not have to post it up for the entire world to see if you do not want, but either way just let us know that you have them down so I can tell you the next step.

I am more than willing to help brother, and so is everyone else here. But the first step is you have to want it. If you don't want help, there's nothing in my bag of tricks I can throw at you that will change your life. If you want help, be willing to help your self!

And you will help people. The position you are in now? I've come to know that it is not "Desperate and Dark times" it is the beginning of a great success story. You just have to finish the chapter and write your new life.

Good luck, I hope you do the exercise.

WHAT I WANT

1. To be free, financially, creatively, spiritually, and pyhsically
  2. To prosper at least 100,000 people
  3. To be an internet marketing legend like Joe Sugarman
  4. To be a teacher, inspirational leader, utilizing my strength of communication
  5. To learn to play music
  6. To be a media expert, music, videos, art and photography
  7. To be an expert in alchemy, estroic teachings, spirituality, secrets, universal laws etc
  8. To be a master of my own thoughts
  9. To win the constant war over my subconscious mind
  10. To travel the world and marry a woman from each country and have kids
  11. To be a truly happy
  12. To be confident and healthy
  13. To be an author of many books
  14. Investinme.com or I haveanidea.com, I want an investment company for the younger generations where their ideas can become reality, no money down, just need the idea.
  15. To get my driving license and a car, just to get around from a to b
  16. To be my own boss
  17. To become a business, rather than have a brick and mortar business, I want to be so great I can sell my time for a fortune
  18. To teach others how to get out of this mess
  19. Learn to read and write heiroglyphics
  20. Learn Tai Chi and train in the mountains
  21. Learn Wing Chun
  22. To use my mind to make money rather than my hands
  23. To own my own country and have my own laws like King Salassie
MY BELIEFS

1. I will never be free because I dont have enough money, confidence and cant even find a way to earn part time money on my own
  2. I cant prosper 100,000 people if I cant live a prosperous life
  3. With greatness comes confidence, marketing is about confidence, I dont have any and cant find a job because I dont have any, and nto being able to find a job kills my confidence.
  4. I am not a teacher or cant teach when I am in this mess, how can I be teaching people in this mess?
  5. I believe I can learn to play music, but am limited to my progression because of my lack of resources, this is just a hobby of mine and have a love for music
  6. I dont believe I can be a media expert until I have the right tools, mindset and finances
  7. I read as much as possible, but am always dumstruck to how writers of such subjects manage to string the information together, I dont believe I have the academic skills to do so.
  8. I am constantly in war with myself, its like the universal evil is trying to destroy me, I want to master my thoughts, then project them for manifestation.
  9. I cant travel no where, I have not enough money to get on a bus
  10. I cant find a job because I dont have the experience, or confidence to lie. I dont have the right attitude and have yet to find a slave labour I enjoy doing.
  11. I am depressed, I have and again begun to fight suicidual thoughts (not that I would ever act on them)
  12. I am impatient, and want everything now, I hate waiting for things.
  13. I will be a very successful entrepreneur, business man, I have the right can do gambling attitude, I dont doubt this for a second. I believe in any business I will be a success, my ebay account says it all.
  14. I dont have no friends because people can subliminally pick up on my low vibration, they dont like it and can shy away and be silent when meeting people.
  15. Even when I meet new people or girlfriends, with no phone the friendship is shortlived.
  16. I am not happy becuase I have migraines every day, I am depressed and have health issues like TMJ, nerve problems, chest problems, and stress is just killing me.
  17. I am fearful that world war 3 is going to happen, I keep having bad dreams about the world ending
  18. I am scared that when you reach a certain level of wealth, you have to sell your soul to the devil or evil
  19. I am scared that when I make a certain amount of money, some evil jealous fool will try and kill me.
  20. I am scared of feeling deepyl depressed again, I have been here before and heading towards the same direction, even waking up can be a problem for someone who does not want to wake up.
  21. I give up, in the hope that I will die and be reincarnated into another body for another chance.
  22. I cant be truly free, I think too much and am scared my brain will just give up
  23. I feel trapped, I feel like I have been scammed into mental slavery, I cant do anything, I dont know what to do or how to spend my hours in my day. I have a plan at the moment, but slowly it is being corrupted, and it obvsiously is not working in the finances because I have none.
  24. I loose motivation because something stops me progressing, I want to stay fit and have been doing well, but with this recent change in circumstances I am struggling to wake up and do my routine. I feel like there is nothing to be motivated for.
  25. I believe the history of the world has been rewritten, therefore the affect on our future is substansial.
  26. I believe that wealth and richness is controlled by a few who select who they want
  27. I believe that I will never make it due to my circumstances
  28. I believe that if given the opportunity to work beside another free and successful person, I would not dissapoint, I just need to be given the chance.
  29. I believe that even if a miracle happened and I did find another job, It would be short lived because the manager would feel threatened by me and my mind.
  30. I think too much, way too much, not about anything positive, just ego based fears which constantly ruin my way of thinking or blur me from the truths.
I dont mind people seeing this, for this is my dream, I want to journal this transition to show people how weird and mystical things occur when you change your mindset. But I need to first change my mindset and find some money to live on.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
MY BELIEFS

1. I will never be free because I dont have enough money, confidence and cant even find a way to earn part time money on my own
  2. I cant prosper 100,000 people if I cant live a prosperous life
  3. With greatness comes confidence, marketing is about confidence, I dont have any and cant find a job because I dont have any, and nto being able to find a job kills my confidence.
  4. I am not a teacher or cant teach when I am in this mess, how can I be teaching people in this mess?
  5. I believe I can learn to play music, but am limited to my progression because of my lack of resources, this is just a hobby of mine and have a love for music
  6. I dont believe I can be a media expert until I have the right tools, mindset and finances
  7. I read as much as possible, but am always dumstruck to how writers of such subjects manage to string the information together, I dont believe I have the academic skills to do so.
  8. I am constantly in war with myself, its like the universal evil is trying to destroy me, I want to master my thoughts, then project them for manifestation.
  9. I cant travel no where, I have not enough money to get on a bus
  10. I cant find a job because I dont have the experience, or confidence to lie. I dont have the right attitude and have yet to find a slave labour I enjoy doing.
  11. I am depressed, I have and again begun to fight suicidual thoughts (not that I would ever act on them)
  12. I am impatient, and want everything now, I hate waiting for things.
  13. I will be a very successful entrepreneur, business man, I have the right can do gambling attitude, I dont doubt this for a second. I believe in any business I will be a success, my ebay account says it all.
  14. I dont have no friends because people can subliminally pick up on my low vibration, they dont like it and can shy away and be silent when meeting people.
  15. Even when I meet new people or girlfriends, with no phone the friendship is shortlived.
  16. I am not happy becuase I have migraines every day, I am depressed and have health issues like TMJ, nerve problems, chest problems, and stress is just killing me.
  17. I am fearful that world war 3 is going to happen, I keep having bad dreams about the world ending
  18. I am scared that when you reach a certain level of wealth, you have to sell your soul to the devil or evil
  19. I am scared that when I make a certain amount of money, some evil jealous fool will try and kill me.
  20. I am scared of feeling deepyl depressed again, I have been here before and heading towards the same direction, even waking up can be a problem for someone who does not want to wake up.
  21. I give up, in the hope that I will die and be reincarnated into another body for another chance.
  22. I cant be truly free, I think too much and am scared my brain will just give up
  23. I feel trapped, I feel like I have been scammed into mental slavery, I cant do anything, I dont know what to do or how to spend my hours in my day. I have a plan at the moment, but slowly it is being corrupted, and it obvsiously is not working in the finances because I have none.
  24. I loose motivation because something stops me progressing, I want to stay fit and have been doing well, but with this recent change in circumstances I am struggling to wake up and do my routine. I feel like there is nothing to be motivated for.
  25. I believe the history of the world has been rewritten, therefore the affect on our future is substansial.
  26. I believe that wealth and richness is controlled by a few who select who they want
  27. I believe that I will never make it due to my circumstances
  28. I believe that if given the opportunity to work beside another free and successful person, I would not dissapoint, I just need to be given the chance.
  29. I believe that even if a miracle happened and I did find another job, It would be short lived because the manager would feel threatened by me and my mind.
  30. I think too much, way too much, not about anything positive, just ego based fears which constantly ruin my way of thinking or blur me from the truths.
I dont mind people seeing this, for this is my dream, I want to journal this transition to show people how weird and mystical things occur when you change your mindset. But I need to first change my mindset and find some money to live on.

First off, just a thank you. I think ALL of us reading this thread have really received an insight into human behavior. If you can take a step back and realize that the beliefs you have put you in the place you are at. You have some wonderful goals, and I believe you can achieve all of them. (Well.. maybe not the country part unless you decide to go on some whacko vendetta and try to invade a country that already is... how about we just keep the goals away from tyrannical madmen invading countries, eh? :smxB:)

Let me share with you a different set of beliefs that may help you to start the change:

1. I will be free once I find the proper solution to other people's problems.
2. I will do whatever it takes to prosper in life to be sure to help other people in this situation.
3. All the confidence I need is within. Confidence comes from repetition.
4. I can learn to teach
5. I can learn to play music the moment I decide to
6. I believe once I study the great media experts, I too can become one.
7. (I still struggle with writing haha so my belief is similar! I just started recording my stuff and get the transcripts :smxB:)
8. I am in control
9. I will find a way
10. I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES (as long as not bad, wrong, or illegal)
11. I smile every day, I don't take life too seriously and enjoy the little things. I find humor in the frustrating, I laugh at the pain, I enjoy life's ups and downs.
12. I decide what I want, I take action, I change it if it isn't working (after a REASONABLE amount of time), I learn from my mistakes
13. Great
14. I am confident, outgoing, and have value. I am a great listener and a great friend.
15. I will become the kind of person people want to be around.
16. I will exercise, eat healthy, and keep a positive frame of mind around health.
17. This is probably one you want to keep to yourself hehe :coco: - and besides, who cares? How about just live while we're here. We all have to go some time.
18. None of the successful people on here have sold their soul to the devil... mwa ha ha ha ha... I mean... no one!
19. I don't worry about the future. I learn from the past, I live in the present, and I PLAN the future.
20. I smile every day, I don't take life too seriously and enjoy the little things. I find humor in the frustrating, I laugh at the pain, I enjoy life's ups and downs.
21. When you die, you aint comin' back. You don't get a second chance so buckle up and make this one right!
22. I control my thoughts. My thoughts do not control me.
23. I plan my work, and work my plan, in the area of physical health, mental knowledge, emotional strength, building of relationships, and financial wealth.
24. I become the CEO of my own life (thanks Bilge and Bob!), the boss doesn't put up with this shit, I better get moving!
25. No idea what you're talking about here.
26. I am in control.
27. Read the biography of Oprah Winfrey and tell me if you can really believe this one.
28. I will CREATE the opportunity. I will BECOME what people want.
29. I am a miracle worker. Whenever a problem presents itself I say "No Problem" I will read as many books as it takes to figure it out, I will talk to as many people as it takes to get it done, I will wake up as early as it takes, I will work as hard as it takes.
30. I get rid of dis-empowering beliefs and replace them with empowering ones.

Wow... That was a lot. I really hope I didn't waste my time with you here brother. I respect you, but let me tell you that you will piss me off if you don't take SOME kind of action right NOW!

The easiest way to change your beliefs? Fake it until you make it. Lie to yourself if you have to. You've been doing it all along anyways. You've been lying to yourself that you CANNOT do something. So since that isn't working, how about trying the complete opposite?

Good luck again Allseeingeye. I'm headed back to work myself. Too much to do, so little time!

P.S. Oh and by the way, quit making this thread negative. You are only allowed to post the positive from now on. Give us progress reports, even if it is something so small like "Got on the computer and looked at products." Or "Walked around the block." I don't care, do something even if it's wrong!

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
omg Allseeingeye, you did not say 1 negative thing in that last post!
I see improvements already!

Yes I do love this site and the people here, I think everyone here is inspirational.

Thats why I turned to this site as a saviour, I remember when my job was going through, I was reading on this site everyday and in that week alone I met two millionaires.

I think not starting this job has been a blessing, I down everything in my power to get the job so I dont have any regrets, whenever I get in this situation I start to think more about my life. Having a job would have been easy, I would have still had the problem with relying on someone paying me a wage. I have never been in a situation with nothing, but its times like this where you realise you have everything.

I will get out of this mess, nothing is going to stop me, and when I do many people who have been good to me will also grow.

This site subliminally helps people, it helps them programme their mind and literally "think rich to grow rich", even Kung Fu Steves reply many people would pay for, so all has been a blessing.

This very negative thread has turned very positive, and am glad that I had a rant here as so many people contributed. I will change my life, just to be an example of how one with nothing can do anything.

P.S Also my friend told me that a scrapyard are looking for rubbish disposal mates, just clearing rubbish, but its OK money and I wont be stuck in a supermarket, good physical excercise as well.

Gonna wait till about 9 to ring them and see how it goes.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Yes, I can, Yes I will.

I have printed this wonderful set of quotes up and put them on my dreamboard, with your permission I would like to use this as part of my journal/book I am working on with of course mention of your name.

This will come in handy, its now 5.35 in the morning and have just got back from a 5 hour bike ride. I am going to stay up and get back into my routine otherwise my times will get messed up.

Thanks again for all your time and energy, despite this being the most negative post it also have been very positive, there has been a wealth of information many will be able to put to use.

:tiphat:

Isn't it funny how in one day you can completely change your outlook on life? I am amazed by this transformation. I'm proud to call you a friend. Keep up this momentum! Go right ahead, feel free. I will be putting out a lot of my actual material and products out soon. I have been spending a lot of time on it, but the school sure keeps me busy so be patient with me :thumbsup:.

+thx for KungFu :tiphat:

Just consider it part of what I owe you for what you have already done for me brother :cheers:.

Yes I do love this site and the people here, I think everyone here is inspirational.

Thats why I turned to this site as a saviour, I remember when my job was going through, I was reading on this site everyday and in that week alone I met two millionaires.

I think not starting this job has been a blessing, I down everything in my power to get the job so I dont have any regrets, whenever I get in this situation I start to think more about my life. Having a job would have been easy, I would have still had the problem with relying on someone paying me a wage. I have never been in a situation with nothing, but its times like this where you realise you have everything.

I will get out of this mess, nothing is going to stop me, and when I do many people who have been good to me will also grow.

This site subliminally helps people, it helps them programme their mind and literally "think rich to grow rich", even Kung Fu Steves reply many people would pay for, so all has been a blessing.

This very negative thread has turned very positive, and am glad that I had a rant here as so many people contributed. I will change my life, just to be an example of how one with nothing can do anything.

P.S Also my friend told me that a scrapyard are looking for rubbish disposal mates, just clearing rubbish, but its OK money and I wont be stuck in a supermarket, good physical excercise as well.

Gonna wait till about 9 to ring them and see how it goes.

KEEP IT UP! FANTASTIC!

May I suggest a name change on this thread? Don't ask me what, but I don't think the new Allseeingeye would even worry about "The dirtiest scandal of all time!" :smxB:

You know, Steve.. When you started talking NLP and changing beliefs, I thought you were going to suggest some NLP techniques for doing so. What you offered is great, but why no technique or suggestion on finding them? The acronym stands for Neuro Logistics Programming; the theory is the brain learns behavior instantly... So you can teach it a different behavior just as fast.

Several years ago I read probably around 3/4ths of the book "Taking control of your brain for a change." (I tend to not come back to things I don't finish the first time around- that was especially true then.)

Half of what I read revolved around techniques. The other half revolved around studying the way you personally think. There are examples of people who picture things as slideshows, who see things they're uncertain about as being fuzzy or distant, etc... Many of the techniques were just ways to make the memories and thoughts you have that don't work for you, match up to the ones that do. If you want to better understand what I'm talking about, you should probably read it.

In the meantime, I hope it gives you just enough understanding to follow along with the belief changing technique outlined in this link. Changing Beliefs by NLP

Give it a try if you like. All you need is a few minutes, a belief you wish to change, and a belief you wish to change it into.

To be honest, I haven't had much success with NLP, as I haven't put the work in to make it successful for me. I guess I have to now, who likes giving advice they themselves wouldn't follow?

P.S. Steve, I'm genuinely interested in why you didn't suggest any techniques or NLP reading. Or maybe fakin' it is considered an NLP technique? I'm not saying that's a method that won't work. Quite contrary, it works quite well with the 'Be who you wish to become' quote I had a while back. If you want to be a talented singer, be one. How? Do what they do. The skill will develop naturally if you follow the same types of practice and lifestyle a talented singer goes through.

FDJustin, I have to say I am extremely excited about you calling me out! It says to me that people are actually reading what I have to say :smxB:.

Obviously I do not want to hi-jack this thread. It is about Allseeingeye and his amazing progress.

While NLP is a great "system" for doing things, it is not always the answer. The reason I didn't try to use the Dickens Pattern, or a Meta Model, or telling him about Sub-modalities is because it is too much. That is information that the coach can know, but if I start explaining the roots and the ideas of how to shift someone's beliefs or persuade them into a new way of looking at things it gets to be overwhelming and sounds mystical. I have read around 45 books on NLP, including Taking Control of your Brain for a Change, and also including Bandler's text books, and have studied it fairly heavily. But in the end, how to coach someone or help someone change their life ends up having to come from caring and belief instead of some trick to persuade someone "this is the way to do it." I'm no expert by any means but there are a few strategies I use to help people find their way - and in the end - it is the individual who does the work. Could we all do what it takes to become "successful" sure, you bet. But we all need a coach.

I know exactly what you are talking about, and I appreciate the message. I don't presume to know where you are coming from, but coming from my own experience, I have probably been deeper and darker than anyone else on this thread. Way worse then Allseeingeye WAS. And in that mental state, you cannot make sense of complicated answers. We all knew what he needed was just a good kick in the a$$ (in which we all do sometimes), but it had to be conveyed in a way that is simple to understand. I've already said way too much but I would be more than happy to discuss this in a different thread.

Again, Allseeingeye, you rock dude :icon_super:... and as fit as I am, a 5 hour bike ride would kick my a$$ haha

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
@Steve: I think just about everyone reads what you say, so you've gotta be doing something right! And thanks a lot for the explanation, it does more than satisfy my curiosity.

In other news, I know Allseeingeye is going to make it just fine. I look forward to pointing this thread out to certain people I know and they'll finally realize their troubles don't have to be.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Oh and one more thing: In times like this, you need some inspiration. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. But we all need a reason for going. Jim Rohn put it beautifully in this newsletter:

Love the Opportunity by Jim Rohn

Somebody said you have to love what you do, but that's not necessarily true. What is true is that you have to love the opportunity. The opportunity to build life, future, health, success and fortune. Knocking on someone's door or making that extra call may not be something you love to do, but you love the opportunity of what might be behind that door or call.

For example, a guy says, "I'm digging ditches. Should I love digging ditches?" The answer is, "No, you don't have to love digging ditches, but if it is your first entry onto the ladder of success, you say, ‘I'm glad somebody gave me the opportunity to dig ditches and I'm going to do it so well; I won't be here long.' "

You can be inspired by having found something, even though you are making mistakes in the beginning and even though it is a little distasteful taking on a new discipline. You don't have to love it; you just have to learn to appreciate where you live, appreciate opportunity and appreciate the person who brought you the good news—that found you.

Appreciate the person who believed in you before you believed in yourself; appreciate the person who said, "Hey, if I can do it, you can do it."

If you will embrace the disciplines associated with the new opportunity, you will soon find your self-confidence starting to grow—that you're changing from a skeptic to a believer. And soon, when you go out person to person, talking to people, you will find it to be the most thrilling opportunity in the world. Every person…. What could it be? Unlimited! Maybe a friend for life. The next person could be an open door to retiring. The next person could be a colleague for years to come. It's big-time stuff. And sometimes, in the beginning, when we are just getting started, we don't always see how big it is.

So, before you are tempted to give up or get discouraged, remember all success is based on long-term commitment, faith, discipline, attitude and a few steppingstones along the way. You might not like the stone you are on right now, but it's sure to be one of the stones that lead to great opportunities in the future.

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
Don't know about the 1000 words, but there are 959 references in 48 posts by the author to himself. The "I" philosophy looks at the repitition of words as an indicator of narcissim, we all must grow out of our narcissism. The best recommendation one could recommend here is to never you use the word "I" or "can't" in any future posts.

We have a Personnel Evaluation that evaluates growth within the framework of conceptual, human, and technical skills. This is further divided into grading the specifics from the bottom up of transactions, mechanics, organization, management, communication, and conceptual.

The second part of the Evaluation grades Production and Attitude, attitude must always lead production, if production leads the attitude one may take 3 steps forward but always 4 steps back. Attitude is always the proper means to the end of worthwhile production.

Production and attitude are primary indicators of character which can be observed daily in a work enviornment. The character is measured not just in days, months, but years which leads to mastery and real experience.

The author Anthony Robbins uses the modeling to change human behavior over night but real permanent character building is solving problems with the 4 tools of discipline, balancing, delaying gratification, acceptance of the truth, and dedication to reality. With 100 percent discipline all problems can be solved. One already accepts the fact that life is difficult without rehashing it over and over, once one accepts that life is difficult it is no longer difficult, the ultimate paradox.

The whinning in the above posts are almost purposeful confusion, a predictable profile of attention getting posts that in effect go nowhere. The posts are full of contradictions for example cllaiming to "never steal" in one post and to admit to "stealing" in a secondary post. The world hangs on decisions of good and evil, evil and power are mentioned in the posts. Character is tested in the celestial boot camp of life.

It is as if there is a god like arrogance and that the allseeingeye is the higher power here as there is no submission, the paradox is that the seeing eye does more telling than listening.

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
There is no misperception I had to wait for 35 minutes in order to sort my wages out, everyone is getting screwed over, however they are still new and trying to organise everything, I will give them till next month to sort it out, I have debts to pay.

I am much better than this job
Go get one thats as good as you.
, its mind numblingly boring and believe I would find more fun in cleaning shit, I only need till next June, then I will not need this jobs income. I will be making money the lazy way. Its this "I am no better than this job attitude, why people dont move up, or make something of themselves", I am not going be a looser my whole life, it was fun while it lasted.
Oh wait, you NEED this job because you have debts to pay. I follow up on this in the third to last quote.

I find myself getting frustrated and annoyed sometimes when I talk in this forum, I believed this was a place that wanted to help, but it seems as if many people here negatively test and then assume that it is, what it is, pretty much like what they do at the Warrior Forums, just hide behind the pretences of wanting to help the sheeple, at the same time, they sell them shit.
The warrior forum is a joke, its not a secret. I dont see how you can compare the two forums. I dont see anyone selling anything on here. There is a section to do so, how many ebooks are there?
Have you seen the section where you have to pay? Wheres that section here? because...
I am starting to second doubt the intentions of this forum, not so much the few good people here, but rather the foundation on what it was built.

For example:

You say dont chase the money, yet this forum is covered in Ads - For the purpose of making money
Then we are sold something.

That seems a bit of a contradiction too, dont you think? If one is wealthy, why the need to want money from ads. Isnt the purpose of promoting a valuable book and helping good enough?
If the forum was chasing money there would be a section for members to pay or you would have to pay to read the forum.
This website promotes the idea of a quick route to wealth, yet every person replies with the same "you have to work hard and it will take time" nonsense. The marketing here seems rehashed, selling the idea of a secret, there is no secret.
I dont think Ive ever seen someone say work hard for 30-40 years. Did you think you would work one day and it would happen over night?

What do you want. Someone to sit and hold your hand and say. "Do this, to that." Thats not going to happen.
There are multiple ways to create wealth. Find one you like. There is only so much someone can tell you.

How do you plan to do this? I will not need this jobs income. I will be making money the lazy way.
If things apparently dont take time, do it now so you can quit tomorrow.
It seems to me that this blog is also run on the "fake it till you make it" belief

Some peoples opinions here are seriously prehistoric, maybe you should escape from the barn you reside in, take a plane to london and have a look at the real world.
Do you have an example?
I talk too people who used to rob people, there are people in this place that have carried guns, have stabbed people, and done things far worst than steal some fruit, whilst their conscious turned a blind eye. Dont try and knock me for something so petty, it only makes you look petty.
Maybe you hang around with the wrong type of people.

Is it ok for me to go and hit someones leg with a baseball bat because they pissed me off? Should I turn a blind eye because my friend shot someone?

Again, you think its ok to steal fruit but working a basic job is beneath you. Your excuse is that other people do worse things?

They do everything, all the success and wealth books I have read, say not to. Already 15 staff have quit, its a bad place to be, and is metaphorically speaking, a vortex that sucks good energy from people, just like those creatures in the matrix looking for life to extract.
Sounds it! I would go bad to your stabbing and gun carrying friends. Thats where you want to be. Not near someone that reads your diary or makes you wait 35 minutes.

I am not believing anything I dont see with my own eyes, too many people hide behind avatars and pretend to be something they are not, sometimes it shows.
I think every member is a human, maybe a couple of monkeys? I dont get what you want to see? You are going to believe something when you see someones face?

This is just a test reply, I like to see if someone would like to throw in some constructive replies, or If I simply get shut up, at least the truth will be known.

I think this is the problem. Youve been unemployed for a long time. Its normal to spend a day do very little. You still get money from the goverment. Now you got a job and wow! You actually have to do something. Its crazy huh? Working for money.

The economy is bad and companies have made budget cuts. They are only hiring the minimum amount of staff and increasing there work load.

Now you have debts to pay so you need the job. This amount of work you have to do is new to you and you dont like it! So you complain over basic things.

You are not the only one. Ive talked to two people that said pretty much the same thing you have. They lost their job because the company they worked for made cuts. Now, months later they have a job. When I asked them how it was going I get a standard reply.

"Its great! The money sucks. Oh and the manager is a complete douche. He made me work the night shift last week! Can you believe that!"

They complain about little things, things that shouldnt bother them. You complain about waiting 35 minutes. Someone read your journal.

If you were cleaning up shit. You would still find something to complain about. "the sponge they gave me is to small. This is an outrage!"

Clearly success and failure dont understand each other
If Im trying to ride a bicycle for the first time. Can I do it straight away? I might have a good run but I will eventually fall because its all new to me. I can put training wheels on my bicycle to help me. My friend can describe what I need to do so I dont fall. When it comes down to it, its up to me. My friend cant do it for me.

I fall, I have to pick myself back up, maybe my friend will help and tell me what I did wrong. I failed at riding a bike. Now, if I look at what I did, lets say I leaned to much. Ive just learned I dont need to lean so much. So next time I wont and I'll do better.

This time I fall because I didnt put my feet on the ground when I stopped. Again I pick my self up and another fail. Should I give up? Im 0-2.
Why would I! I now know I have to put my feet on the ground when I stop. So there. Now Im riding my bike. Still a bit shaky but Im doing ok.

Failure and success might not understand each other, but you can use failure to succeed.

it is obvious that poor and rich minds dont mingle well.
I couldnt have said it better than myself. Maybe this is your problem. You have a poor mind. It doesnt matter want your bank account says, you can have either. Its only up to you to change your mind.

A

Anon3587x

You speak of all OUR contradictions but fail to mention any of your own REAL contradictions. If you were so high and mighty you would not be 25 years old stealing fruit to survive. Doing slave labor IS NOT BENEATH YOU, You are NOT too good to do such work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
ASE I worked in factories for over 22 years as a laborer. It was back breaking work for "the man." I was a bittter, unhappy, jealous person for much of that time. Most of my coworkers were unhappy people too. After seeing that I wasted a lot of my life being that way and getting nowhere, I decided to look for a better way. I changed. I recently went back to the factories for some observation. The same type of people are there. There was a mile between their attitudes and mine even though we were standing 10 feet apart. I could see the disdain and anger on their faces.

I worked and became a school teacher. Now I hear the factory worker's kids spout off the same negative stuff their parents do. I'll tell you what I teach my 10 year old students:

Your reality is not everyone else's reality. That does not diminish anyone's life or circumstance, but do not try to project your reality on others. When you come to realize that is true, then you can accept that there may be a better life out there and you may be able to live it.

It must be a cold, dark place where you are now. Good luck ASE.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
The reason why I posted to this thread was specifically after Kung Fu had seemingly got ASE to change with a well thought out slant on NLP positive reinforcement (modeling) after the long drawn out thread that went nowhere.

I think the real point is that the thread and the complaints have fulfilled the human needs that we all require. The real mistake (on my part) was not trying to develop NEW ways to fulfill these needs.

Why does someone who quits smoking go back to smoking? Why does someone who lost all of the weight go back to over eating? I believe it is because there is nothing to replace the behavior. While not all of our favorite thing - the complaining and argument-starting was a way for our buddy AllSeeingEye to fulfill some needs.

What should have been taught is how to fulfill those needs without bitching or complaining.

For anyone still reading this thread, hopefully it helps to learn that if you want to change a habit, you cannot just eliminate a habit because it fulfills you in some way. You need to install something to replace it that helps meet the same needs.

Through some private conversations, I know for a fact he DID change. I could tell from our conversations that everything had changed, his outlook on life, his joy, he was happy about everything in life. The new opportunity, everything was going well. I won't betray his trust by spilling everything he said but you can tell that something has shifted (even though he has partially reverted back), because he got off his butt and started his website, he got the job, and he is working! I believe the AllSeeingEye that started this thread wouldn't (and couldn't) have held the job.

My post accelerated and surfaced the extent of the dysfunction which was specifically to show Kung Fu that the behavior here is way beyond impotent self-destructive narcissism. You cannot grow anything on arid ground.

I have unlimited patience for people. I'm not upset because I have been in that position too. I have been down, I have lived in the shadows, I have been far deeper then he will ever be. So I understand the behavior. But I am who I am because I care when no one else will. I have gotten kids off of drugs, I have got drop outs back into school and helping them to achieve academic excellence, I have gotten adults to turn their lives around from bankruptcy, from depression, and from just about everything else. Now I will be the first to admit my buddy here is a little coo-kee but aren't we all? I've dealt with far worse. When I get to the dojo later today I know there is going to be some of the adults where I will undoubtedly say "greeat.... now what do they need..." :smxB: But I don't believe anyone is beyond helping if they want it. We could argue about if he actually wants help or not. But I'm getting a little off topic here...

This was expected, in fact Kung Fu felt a "little insulted" - I believe this is an understatement.

I'll take that as a compliment :smx19:

Hopefully Kung Fu can learn from this although I expect he learned from his very civil response to an uncivil and ungrateful person.

I'll also take that as a compliment :groove:

This behavior problem is not rocket science! It is obvious! ASE does not need NLP he needs an exorcism!

While hilarious and made me laugh quite a bit, I don't think any of the insults or back-handed comments help this thread (whether ASE, or anyone else reading it). I'm a tough love kind of guy but you won't ever see me insulting someone.

A study of work and courage and only HE can do this!

A fantastic comment, Rep+

I think, like some of the moderators have said, this thread has so much insight into a few things; the mentality of wealth, but also how unhappiness starts.

Success leaves clues, but also you can learn just as much from failure. When I was down and out and working for people I absolutely hated I told myself "I'm learning how NOT to act", "I'm learning how NOT to do things", "I'm learning how NOT to treat people"

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Wow...ridiculous.

1) Unfortunately, I hear this so much with people my age (25ish). I went to a private college with many people who had very wealthy families and their parents paid their way/gave them unlimited credit cards to "play their way" through school. Now that we are out of school, none of them have jobs and blame the economy/no jobs out there, etc...

I had a job before I even graduated. I started searching in October of my senior year though. By March, I had an offer. It was work. It was hard work. I knew the city I wanted to be in and I had to skip out on Friday night parties because of an interview that I had that afternoon or coffee meeting early Saturday/Sunday. It sucked, but it was worth it 100%. I have a job and those who expect it to fall in their laps do not.

And you are NEVER above shit labor. It is a person's duty to themselves, their family and their lives to survive and never for once compromise your morals. I started working on our dairy farm when I could walk but my first real job was at a local Taco Bell, started off cleaning toilets, worked there for 4 years and moved up to shift manager...and I loved it. It gave me independence, more than anything.

2) This forum is one of the best I have ever come to. I am not wealthy by any means but I am a doer. A bit slow going because of my failures, but a doer nonetheless. I had a very rough time, just like you are having right now about 2 1/2 years ago. I came here like you did (you could probably find the thread if you looked). And they had the best advice I have ever gotten. Tough love. It's life...deal with it. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps because there are millions of other people in the world who will not breathe another breath today and other millions who won't eat for weeks.

I took that advice. Now I couldn't be happier. I have a great woman who I intend to marry. A personal residence and a rental property. Two of my own companies that I am slowly growing and a secure job to finance my expenses until my companies can take over with the income they bring.

And a large part of that is thanks to the people on this forum. The success stories and their constant optimism is truly an inspiration for me. If I EVER feel just one bit bad about myself, I come here and start reading. You really can't find better quality people than here. Above all, they have integrity and that in itself is the definition of success and riches.

I hope that you can see their advice for what it is and not what you are perceiving it to be. These guys are some of the most supportive people business world but they won't baby you. I truly hope that you can understand what they are trying to say.

Best of luck to you,
Josh

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Hey peeps at the forum, its been a while and I have been busy, not busy working at my new job like what should have happened, but busy trying to stay SANE!!!

I really hope you take the time to read what Im about to write, as much as I need your encouragement and advice, it would be ideal for you to be aware of just how dirty this system really is.

You might know from my previous post's that I was about to start a new job at ASDA (Walmart), I had my plan set and ready, and most importantly had reprogrammed my mind to be a success.

I really believed the job centre (welfare for unemployed) were trying to help me find a job, I thought they cared about unemployment figures, but I thought wrong. There is a huge and worrying number of youngsters in my position being used by the system, not only as a means for a modern day slave labour, but as a way to profit massively for being forced to sign off from the benefits we are by law entitled to.

I was promised a job at Asda, who worked with Reed Recruitment in order to find ideal candidates. They scoured high and low in the area to find people, working together they found a group of persons ready and willing to have a chance at the working life. They also hired hundreds of more people they intentionally were not going to employ, at the same time the Jobcentre worked with them and targetted those people (me and many others) and sanctioned our payments, this caused much distress and actually prevented me from pursuiting this job, I would have still rode there regardless! but Asda had a dirty back up plan which was to ignore your requests in regards to employment.

Now why would they do such a thing? Seems like a paranoid conspiracy right? Actually no! its called the new deal flexible scam or scandal, which ever you prefer.

There is a long list of unemployment training agencies, that are scamming many people a day, for every person they forcefully sign off from the Job centre, they recieve a juicy cheque for £1000 as a means to say thanks. The problem is that there is no criteria as to why one signs off, so they make things very difficult for the people, by stopping their monies and sending them away to useless training facilities where there is 5 windows 95 loaded computers between 50 people.

I have been refused my payments, and they have done everything in their power to stop me working. I am very depressed about the situation, but its not going to stop me, I am tempted to turn to crime, but I wont, I will have to suffer for the mean time.

What has the world turned to? This is truly what drives me to change, it makes me sad and so angry that there is a always a group of nasty people willing to take advantage for their own greed. Why? Why? Why?

Now what do I do, investigate this matter further and try bring Reed to court, this scam is clearly demonstrated by my own personal experience, I spoke to another person who was at the training who also is going through the same thing.

I have a very good family (friend) lawyer, she even spoke to them and was disgusted by what they have done, she told me she would have never believed me. I want to stand outside the jobcentre with a sign asking if others have been promised employment by Asda, I want to spy on Reed and bring them down.

I am fuming, I am angry, upset, more determined, thankful I have seen the truth, yet pissed that I still aint working.

Blessings

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.