The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Idea threads

Dr. Goldenage

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 18, 2023
I would appreciate it if you guys could answer these 3 questions in this little post.

Introduction:

Let me introduce myself first. I am 19 years old guy discovering new and new things in life. I live in a non-european country where even saying words such as: "young entrepreneur" will cause people to laugh.(Seriously, my lecturer literally laughed and started making jokes when he heard about a goal of creating a startup at this age.) I have never ever had job, or my own money. I study marketing and I am damn good at it. (I know marketing concepts and stuff. (marketing is queen in business as it's written in the legendary book of MJ))
Now that I have read some books(including the fastlane) I literally do not know what to do. Before my only goal was to have a great job and stick to it forever but now, when I really saw that power of having a passive income, I literally do not know where to start. I do not have any ideas and don't know where to seek them.(I would love if you could tell me where to seek them.) I started learning how to code (web-development) but the size of competition in this field is huge, 13,14,15 year old kiddos from my country already know stuff that would take me years or even decades to learn. I have one great ability through, reading and my goal is creating a passive income.(Even a dollar a day would make me happy). I may sound like a wantrepreneur but I would call myself lost. If you are still reading this,(<3) here are some questions:

1) What is the best thing for me to do right now. (Get a job ? Read more ? Seek more ? (It may be a little bit hard to answer as this question fully depends on the circumstances but still, what is the first thing that comes in your mind for someone who is at this stage ?)

2) What would you do if you were in a similar situation right now ? ( I would love to hear stories about your early stages.)

3) What books/youtube channels/podcasts/courses/videos/posts (and etc.) would you recommend ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
I would appreciate it if you guys could answer these 3 questions in this little post.

Introduction:

Let me introduce myself first. I am 19 years old guy discovering new and new things in life. I live in a non-european country where even saying words such as: "young entrepreneur" will cause people to laugh.(Seriously, my lecturer literally laughed and started making jokes when he heard about a goal of creating a startup at this age.) I have never ever had job, or my own money. I study marketing and I am damn good at it. (I know marketing concepts and stuff. (marketing is queen in business as it's written in the legendary book of MJ))
Now that I have read some books(including the fastlane) I literally do not know what to do. Before my only goal was to have a great job and stick to it forever but now, when I really saw that power of having a passive income, I literally do not know where to start. I do not have any ideas and don't know where to seek them.(I would love if you could tell me where to seek them.) I started learning how to code (web-development) but the size of competition in this field is huge, 13,14,15 year old kiddos from my country already know stuff that would take me years or even decades to learn. I have one great ability through, reading and my goal is creating a passive income.(Even a dollar a day would make me happy). I may sound like a wantrepreneur but I would call myself lost. If you are still reading this,(<3) here are some questions:

1) What is the best thing for me to do right now. (Get a job ? Read more ? Seek more ? (It may be a little bit hard to answer as this question fully depends on the circumstances but still, what is the first thing that comes in your mind for someone who is at this stage ?)

2) What would you do if you were in a similar situation right now ? ( I would love to hear stories about your early stages.)

3) What books/youtube channels/podcasts/courses/videos/posts (and etc.) would you recommend ?
There can’t be a more perfect time and age for you to start your own venture.

Marketing is everything in a business and you are already good at it. That’s good.

Maybe it’s time for you to start utilising your marketing skills by starting a small business.
It can be anything like amazon fba, marketing firm, or even freelancer marketer. Start by taking small steps and then take bigger steps.

Just get out in the market and test stuff.

I too, started my first company at the age of 19. I failed and moved on. Again failed and moved on. Now I’m building and growing my own software company.

If you wanna go in the software business I would recommend The Lean Startup and Zero to Sold.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA

Introduction:

Welcome, here are my recommendations to your questions:
1 - Get a job. You're young, have no experience and want some income. There's nothing wrong with a job as long as you understand why you have the job. Use the job to learn, gain experience and identify things you can fix = opportunities.
2 - Get a job. See my logic above.
3 - There are many great reads with discussions discussed in the threads on this forum. Go read them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.