- Joined
- Oct 20, 2016
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$190
$190
User Power: 300%
Hi everyone,
I hope you're all having a great day!
I'm a 2nd year university Maths student from London, UK who was dead set on a miserable and dreary existence as an investment banker in the city. Achieving this feat would mean I had 'made it' in my family being first-generation born in the UK.
I realised this wasn't the path for me when I absolutely failed my 1st year mid-term Maths exams. The only thing I had lived for since I was 5 years old were my grades. Until this point I had never failed a public exam and I ...
..Completely lost it!
I spent that sad and lonely Friday night in January 2016 under a mountain of blankets with 5 helpings of triple chocolate cake and hot chocolate with chocolate sprinkles. I spent about 18 minutes wondering "Who is Monica without her grades?". I had no idea. I timed 3 minutes on my phone to cry everything out.
Done.
Then I looked to Google for the answers to my life and found an interesting article about 30 millionaires under 30. Strange. I looked through the list expecting to see the likes of Arianna Grande and Justin Bieber. What I found instead were start up companies and entrepreneurs.
I was amazed. I was brought up to believe entrepreneur was code for "unemployed", "going nowhere" or my mum's favourite "loser". Then I envisioned my life. Graduate, work for an investment bank stressed out until I'm 75 then from all the money I've set aside, buy the best hip replacement surgery money can buy.
Lovely.
I researched books that would help fire some meaning into my life and these 3 listed below are the books that CHANGED THE GAME for me and have now set me on my journey to add value to the world:
1. "Choose Yourself" - James Altucher
2. "6 Months to 6 Figures" - Peter Voogd
3. "The Millionaire Fastlane " - MJ DeMarco
Since then I have made some mistakes being obsessed with taking care of my family NOW and generating income ASAP. I've invested in easy entry programmes like forex trading and was even crazy enough to consider a supplement MLM. I asked the universe for a sign and then read the part in TMF about the man at an intimate gathering selling supplements and MJ's likening to him vermin.
Life saver.
I have since invested in myself with Peter Voogd's Game Changers Academy and in the next 6 months I aim to:
1. Salvage my university degree (1st year grades thankfully don't go towards the final degree classification)
2. Find a need that meets the CENTS principles and put together a plan of execution
3. Create more energy in my life by living a healthier lifestyle and reaching out to those playing the game at a higher level than me, in this Forum and the Game Changers Academy.
Thank you for reading my first thread and I look forward to starting my fastlane journey!
Monica
P.S. Commenting below with 3 books that changed the game for YOU would be a great help for others' reading lists.
I hope you're all having a great day!
I'm a 2nd year university Maths student from London, UK who was dead set on a miserable and dreary existence as an investment banker in the city. Achieving this feat would mean I had 'made it' in my family being first-generation born in the UK.
I realised this wasn't the path for me when I absolutely failed my 1st year mid-term Maths exams. The only thing I had lived for since I was 5 years old were my grades. Until this point I had never failed a public exam and I ...
..Completely lost it!
I spent that sad and lonely Friday night in January 2016 under a mountain of blankets with 5 helpings of triple chocolate cake and hot chocolate with chocolate sprinkles. I spent about 18 minutes wondering "Who is Monica without her grades?". I had no idea. I timed 3 minutes on my phone to cry everything out.
Done.
Then I looked to Google for the answers to my life and found an interesting article about 30 millionaires under 30. Strange. I looked through the list expecting to see the likes of Arianna Grande and Justin Bieber. What I found instead were start up companies and entrepreneurs.
I was amazed. I was brought up to believe entrepreneur was code for "unemployed", "going nowhere" or my mum's favourite "loser". Then I envisioned my life. Graduate, work for an investment bank stressed out until I'm 75 then from all the money I've set aside, buy the best hip replacement surgery money can buy.
Lovely.
I researched books that would help fire some meaning into my life and these 3 listed below are the books that CHANGED THE GAME for me and have now set me on my journey to add value to the world:
1. "Choose Yourself" - James Altucher
2. "6 Months to 6 Figures" - Peter Voogd
3. "The Millionaire Fastlane " - MJ DeMarco
Since then I have made some mistakes being obsessed with taking care of my family NOW and generating income ASAP. I've invested in easy entry programmes like forex trading and was even crazy enough to consider a supplement MLM. I asked the universe for a sign and then read the part in TMF about the man at an intimate gathering selling supplements and MJ's likening to him vermin.
Life saver.
I have since invested in myself with Peter Voogd's Game Changers Academy and in the next 6 months I aim to:
1. Salvage my university degree (1st year grades thankfully don't go towards the final degree classification)
2. Find a need that meets the CENTS principles and put together a plan of execution
3. Create more energy in my life by living a healthier lifestyle and reaching out to those playing the game at a higher level than me, in this Forum and the Game Changers Academy.
Thank you for reading my first thread and I look forward to starting my fastlane journey!
Monica
P.S. Commenting below with 3 books that changed the game for YOU would be a great help for others' reading lists.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
