The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

telescoping rods

pranaman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 7, 2018
I've created a product that uses a telescoping rod. There are 2 pieces, about 1 inch/2.5 cm diameter, each about 14 inches/30 cm, and it has a 'flip lock'.

I found a Chinese vendor on alibaba, and they've made me a carbon fiber one. It's light, and works great, but I wanted to find a cheaper version, so I thought aluminum.

Having a hard time finding a vendor who will make one, though it's a simple concept. Anyone know where I can find one?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• rod3.JPG
    rod3.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 27

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I've created a product that uses a telescoping rod. There are 2 pieces, about 1 inch/2.5 cm diameter, each about 14 inches/30 cm, and it has a 'flip lock'.
I found a Chinese vendor on alibaba, and they've made me a carbon fiber one. It's light, and works great, but I wanted to find a cheaper version, so I thought aluminum.

Having a hard time finding a vendor who will make one, though it's a simple concept. Anyone know where I can find one?

Way over my head, and I'm probably missing the whole point, but I'm getting a ton of results for extruded aluminum cylinder prototyping. I found these guys first: Custom Aluminum Extrusions | Extrude-A-Trim

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Think outside the square. You don't want aluminum tubing, you want a manufacturer that already uses it to make telescoping products out of aluminum tubing.

Think walking sticks.

Walter

pranaman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 7, 2018

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thanks, I have that in mind. I've seen these at REI:

View attachment 24311 View attachment 24312
and have found Trekking Poles and Hiking Staffs | REI Co-op and these.

I'll see if I can find a vendor who can modify some of those.
I suggest looking for walking sticks for disabled or elderly people. They are much lower in cost than hiking sticks. They retail at less than $20, so I think you could probably have your product manufactured by a company that produces sticks used by people with arthritis, bad hips, or after surgery.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.