The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

telescoping rods

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

pranaman

New Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
I've created a product that uses a telescoping rod. There are 2 pieces, about 1 inch/2.5 cm diameter, each about 14 inches/30 cm, and it has a 'flip lock'.

I found a Chinese vendor on alibaba, and they've made me a carbon fiber one. It's light, and works great, but I wanted to find a cheaper version, so I thought aluminum.

Having a hard time finding a vendor who will make one, though it's a simple concept. Anyone know where I can find one?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Attachments

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
I've created a product that uses a telescoping rod. There are 2 pieces, about 1 inch/2.5 cm diameter, each about 14 inches/30 cm, and it has a 'flip lock'.
I found a Chinese vendor on alibaba, and they've made me a carbon fiber one. It's light, and works great, but I wanted to find a cheaper version, so I thought aluminum.

Having a hard time finding a vendor who will make one, though it's a simple concept. Anyone know where I can find one?
Way over my head, and I'm probably missing the whole point, but I'm getting a ton of results for extruded aluminum cylinder prototyping. I found these guys first: Custom Aluminum Extrusions | Extrude-A-Trim

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Think outside the square. You don't want aluminum tubing, you want a manufacturer that already uses it to make telescoping products out of aluminum tubing.

Think walking sticks.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thanks, I have that in mind. I've seen these at REI:

View attachment 24311 View attachment 24312
and have found Trekking Poles and Hiking Staffs | REI Co-op and these.

I'll see if I can find a vendor who can modify some of those.
I suggest looking for walking sticks for disabled or elderly people. They are much lower in cost than hiking sticks. They retail at less than $20, so I think you could probably have your product manufactured by a company that produces sticks used by people with arthritis, bad hips, or after surgery.

Walter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom