The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Supercharge your workflow with Search Select

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

alabhyajindal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 7, 2020
Bangalore
I made a browser extension that allows you to select and view search results quickly using keyboard shortcuts. It's available for Chrome: Search Select

I have been using it for about a month now and it's super useful. I would love to hear any feedback or suggestions!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Chrome Web Store - Search Select.png
    Chrome Web Store - Search Select.png
    393.4 KB · Views: 5

Eliass

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 6, 2021
The tool seems useful for people who want to use the keyboard, however I can't really see the relative value to just using the tab key/shift + tab key and normal Ctrl + Enter to open the page in a new tab.

Maybe you could expand the extention to fast circle the results page number or jump directly to the n-th result like with :4 for the fourth result or something.

But great that you are creating browser extentions this skill may become very useful, escpecially if you want to modify web pages but there aren't any credibly if at all extentions aviable. Keep up the work.

alabhyajindal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 7, 2020
Bangalore
The tool seems useful for people who want to use the keyboard, however I can't really see the relative value to just using the tab key/shift + tab key and normal Ctrl + Enter to open the page in a new tab.

Maybe you could expand the extention to fast circle the results page number or jump directly to the n-th result like with :4 for the fourth result or something.

But great that you are creating browser extentions this skill may become very useful, escpecially if you want to modify web pages but there aren't any credibly if at all extentions aviable. Keep up the work.
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Yes I know that we can select elements on the page using Tab - but that selects non-result elements as well so it takes more keypresses to get to the results part. I really love the idea to jump to a specific search page result. Will definitely include this feature in the next version.

Thanks again!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.