LightHouse
Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Yeh, my idea was to create a blog that offered great content that would keep people coming back. I know attracting large amounts of people isnt going to happen overnight, but I thought through connecting with people via related forums, guest blogging, guest article writing for someones related subscriber list, etc could start generating traffic back to blog + word of mouth through this.
My thought was to create a blog, attract people to it, have them love the content, get the to subscribe by offering a free video, establish a relationship with them, then offer product/s. The blog with be, in your words, 'a place for them to find advice and perhaps discuss it'.
Ok. I guess I was asking should I go and get a domain url with the best 'keyword' match, or a domain url that is my 'brand name'?
A website that is very similar to what I want to do (blog, subscriber lists, sells products, etc) is marksdailyapple.com , which a Paleo or Primal diet website. Obviously his url isnt keyword focused e.g 'primaleating.com , the url is his brand name.
If you are doing something similar, then replicate what works. Either way it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to build a list up but no one ever sad it was easy.
As far as brand vs keyword, I would build a brand if you are really serious about it. Primaleating.com would have been great but if you can get a brandable keyword domain then just create a brand you can get behind. It will take longer to establish but that is fine because you can expand on it down the road. There is no de-facto decision to be had here, just pick something short and/or easy and go with it.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
