The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestions Thread

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
505.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
MJ, is it possible to add/update the Mood icons?
I'd love to see two new moods: Bearish and Bullish, in clear reference to the sentiments about the market.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, is it possible to add/update the Mood icons?
I'd love to see two new moods: Bearish and Bullish, in clear reference to the sentiments about the market.

It is! But its a custom job that I'd have to do ... give me a day or two.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
This goes along with one of the recent posts made by Peter. In his post, he explained a bunch of Real Estate abbreviations used throughout some real estate posts. Instead of having to reference that post, would you be able to create an application that identifies all business or forum related abbreviations and explains them if you scroll over the word? I've seen something similar on another forum. The abbreviations had a dotted line under them, and the full phrase was revealed when the mouse was located over the word. It's strange that Peter made that post today because I was just thinking about this idea last night.

Another idea related to this: eventually, we could create a database of many business related terms and ideas. Everytime the words/phrases are posted, the system recognizes them and automatically incorporates a link to the full explanation located on another section of the site. This way, the learning curve is greatly reduced and beginners can really start off learning without much background experience.

I wasn't really focused on this while I was writing it so please ask any questions if you don't understand! Thanks for considering.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
It's strange that Peter made that post today because I was just thinking about this idea last night.

I can read minds over the Internet. I anticipate peoples questions and make informative posts before the questions are asked. :D

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I plan on having a glossary of terms in each section ... just not quite there yet!

Example:

In EBusiness...

APA
NDA
Hosting
PPC
SEO

In RE
Cap Cost
LTV
REO
Etc...

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
What about a section entitled "View my plan"? We have a success stories section where people read about how current fastlaners got to where they are. I think there would be a tremendous benefit to younger people and newcomers to have the ability to post their DETAILED plans for getting on the fastlane and then having people like MJ, Russ, SteveO, Peter2 and all of the other "fastlaners" read over them and offer comments and suggestions. Russ and I have already been corresponding over the beginnings of a plan and I have found it EXTREMELY helpful.

Just an idea and my $0.02.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
What about a section entitled "View my plan"? We have a success stories section where people read about how current fastlaners got to where they are. I think there would be a tremendous benefit to younger people and newcomers to have the ability to post their DETAILED plans for getting on the fastlane and then having people like MJ, Russ, SteveO, Peter2 and all of the other "fastlaners" read over them and offer comments and suggestions. Russ and I have already been corresponding over the beginnings of a plan and I have found it EXTREMELY helpful.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea.

Plz be patient ... it is coming!!!! I'm doing research on the best way to do this other then just another forum.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
As the site expands, you may want to consider adding certain people as moderators to take the day-to-day admin stuff off your shoulders more. Of course, it would no doubt be people who have the time, are dedicated/willing, and are trustworthy. Again, probably not a big deal right now, but I'm sure it might be 4-6 months down the road.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Plz be patient ... it is coming!!!! I'm doing research on the best way to do this other then just another forum.

oh, oh yippee. new section. There is another thread that could be moved there from general.

Action Takers - What are you up to? or something like that.

Shawn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 14, 2007
The chat feature is still undecided and here's why: Upon research into the module, it appears they are server intense and cause people to stop posting. People chat over posting because it is deemed quicker. I'm still researching the pros/cons of it.

I agree, don't do chat. Each post that's made is yummy spider food for the SE's not to mention great for archives for those who want to search.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
I agree, don't do chat. Each post that's made is yummy spider food for the SE's not to mention great for archives for those who want to search.
:iamwithstupid:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yea, chat is a no go - I decided that a week ago and never updated anyone. Sorry. Working on adding some other great things like User Blogs to track their personal progress, WIKI's for common business terms, and other goodies.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Yea, chat is a no go - I decided that a week ago and never updated anyone. Sorry. Working on adding some other great things like User Blogs to track their personal progress, WIKI's for common business terms, and other goodies.
:iagree: Can't wait for them all!

Also, do you think you could add some type of bulk PM feature where you can just put a check in a box for multiple recipients and send them all PMs, sort of like with the multi-quote? I know it can already be done by typing out all the user names, but who wants to do that? :tdown:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I wasn't sure where to add this, but the suggestions thread will work for now. I just wanted to thank you for keeping this site advertisement free. Whenever I am on other boards, the advertisements seem to create the aura of a hidden agenda for the board. I do understand that it could become a possibility if this board requires some income to be self sustaining. For now, it is encouraging to see this site advertisement free.

Sparky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 28, 2007
London
some type of bulk PM feature where you can just put a check in a box for multiple recipients and send them all PMs
If this is to be implemented, one should be very careful as it might invite spam:eusa_naughty:

Another idea might be to search for for High Reputation posts or change current search to search by reputation, e.g. I see Peter2 has a lot of Reputation, so I'd like to search for his high rep posts.

0.02c (how about a 2c smily?:smilielol:)

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
If this is to be implemented, one should be very careful as it might invite spam:eusa_naughty:

Another idea might be to search for for High Reputation posts or change current search to search by reputation, e.g. I see Peter2 has a lot of Reputation, so I'd like to search for his high rep posts.

0.02c (how about a 2c smily?:smilielol:)
I'm confident enough in MJ's moderating ability to prevent something like that from happening. The "one-strike" policy seems like it should do the trick in keeping spam to a minimum. If this is a concern, maybe it could become a feature that is unlocked once you reach a certain number of posts or gain a certain amount of reputation.

I like your suggestion though.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
The chat feature is still undecided and here's why: Upon research into the module, it appears they are server intense and cause people to stop posting. People chat over posting because it is deemed quicker. I'm still researching the pros/cons of it.

I just found this after I made a comment in Diane's thread about having Mastermind meetings. I suggested there maybe a chat type feature could be used to conduct a Mastermind meeting over a forum meeting. Then I saw this here. Maybe the chat feature can be turned on and off? I don't know about the software, just tossing it out. Then use the chatroom feature only for Mastermind meetings at scheduled times.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007

Maybe I should have read the entire thread before posting.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Okay, so the real reason I came to the suggestions thread was to give you a possible business idea MJ. I've seen people discussing Cashflow 101 here and I agree it is a good game for people to play and learn to see opportunity.

My problem with the game is that much, if not all, of the opportunity that gets you out of the ratrace is in real estate. I think there are many other ways now to include as opportunities like business, online opportunities etc. So maybe you could make a "Fastlane" game, a step up from Cashflow with more opportunities to identify and take advantage of? Maybe that is Cashflow 202 I haven't played it, but think many people here would be interested if you did that. Especially as the forum grows. Just a thought.

Again, thanks for all you're doing here.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
MJ, I was wondering if there is a way to create a "slow lane mentality" flag for posts.
I saw a post where a member posted something that I consider slow lane idea. I think it would be good if there is a way to flag that post so the author and others realize this type of mentality needs to change/improve in order to make it to the fast lane.

As you can tell, my idea is not even close to be implementable but I think you get where I am going with this suggestion.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, I was wondering if there is a way to create a "slow lane mentality" flag for posts.
I saw a post where a member posted something that I consider slow lane idea. I think it would be good if there is a way to flag that post so the author and others realize this type of mentality needs to change/improve in order to make it to the fast lane.

As you can tell, my idea is not even close to be implementable but I think you get where I am going with this suggestion.

Awesome idea "Flag post as Slow-Lane" ha ha -- need to find a script that could run it.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I would like to see people encouraged to use the search function prior to posting or starting a new thread. One "problem" with forums is that they can turn into time-vaccuums. One thing I don't like about RD forums is that you DO see the same thread over and over. How many times has someone started a tread about "the secret" or "Richest man in babylon" or "who is RK's rich dad?"

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I think moderators could help. Whenever a thread starts about a repeated topic, the moderator can post a link to the 'original' post and then close the new thread, to avoid too many repetitions. I remember Russ helping a lot with that when he was a moderator at the RD forums.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Mike, What is the number next to our car status?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just the number level, level 1 is top. The lower the level, the better (and the autos get better.) Thought I'd number the levels in addition to the auto. (BTW, Acura is now > then Cadillac)

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
So how does the level change? Cars get better based on number of posts. Speed increases by quality of posts. The ratio between quality and quantity? It doesn't appear to be time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.