The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestion: Like / Dislike / Sad / Happy / Funny / Etc reaction buttons for posts

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I noticed this was a xenforo forum and I saw this neat add-on

You can react different ways to posts

title-reactions.png
hero-reactions.png

XenForo site: [TH] Reactions

you guys would know if it would be worth the investment or would create enough engagement to turn an ROI

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
Given the choice, I would rather only have "like" and "dislike" buttons, nothing more, nothing less. I feel that giving people a "like" is a good enough indication that their posts are valuable, and the "dislike" button... well you know what it's for...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looked into it, think it adds too much clutter.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
I would just like two buttons:
1. "Like"
2. "You're a moron"

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
I agree with maybe the dislike button, and maybe have it take $rep away. It would discourage dumb posts.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I also vote for a dislike button. There are posts that I think are bad but don't want to bother wasting my time criticizing them or dismantle the thread topic with my comments. A simple dislike would be nice.

It shouldn't take away rep because people will spam it and bad comments are still valuable to the forum to learn from.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
You can always click the 'Ignore' button on a user who tends to post BS regularly. It works!

I have never done this because what if someone posts something valuable one day? Or someone replies to them with something valuable? I figure if I want to ignore them I can just click off the thread. If I could dislike them and then click off the thread that would be even better lol.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Not a fan of the Dislike button.

It encourages group think and indirectly forces the forum posts to go in the direction of the majority who share the same views.

I personally feel that controversial posts and unpopular opinions make me learn more and challenges the normal train of thought.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What happens in the marketplace?

We put an offering out there.

Some people take a small action to show they like it.

Some people like it so much they respond with feedback.

Some people dislike it so much they respond with feedback.

The vast majority of people won’t leave a reaction, even if they dislike our offering.

Our new offering can sink without a trace, leaving us scratching our heads wondering why.

I’d rather the forum mirrors the marketplace and we get no feedback when people dislike what we put out.

I’d rather focus on getting positive reactions and finding the few “hyper-responsives”, rather than be distracted by a few drive-by dislikes that you wouldn’t get in the marketplace.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
You can always click the 'Ignore' button on a user who tends to post BS regularly. It works!

It's easy enough to just scroll past their post if it looks poor value. Sometimes we might discount others opinions just because they think differently to us. Sometimes however their comments can readjust our thinking and moral compass. I'd rather see their posts so I don't miss the occasional stroke of genius.

Not a fan of the Dislike button.

It encourages group think and indirectly forces the forum posts to go in the direction of the majority who share the same views.

I personally feel that controversial posts and unpopular opinions make me learn more and challenges the normal train of thought.

Very well put and certainly a sound reason not to have a dislike button.

I'm sure MJ had already considered the pro's and con's.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I still don't understand why we don't have the ability to vote people off the island every once in a while.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I still don't understand why we don't have the ability to vote people off the island every once in a while.

I think it's the captains task to deal with any mutineers don't you?

And I think MJ does a very good job of it too.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Reactions are a part of the new Xenforo but I probably will not use them.

Years ago (2010 maybe?) we tried a dislike button.

It caused a lot of tension and disharmony.

Click report if anyone is shit-stirring.

I kick people out almost weekly.

When people are here solely to argue their worldview (ya'll are brainwashed, ya'll should get a job and make $75K a year like me!) they get tossed.

We're here to build a business that changes our lives and sets us free, without having to depend on the stock market.

You don't go to a Mosque and start screaming Jesus.

It's not that we don't encourage debate or don't want a dialogue, some people aren't here for the forum's true purpose, they're here to validate their worldview and their life choices. Sorry, that's not why this place exists. We're here to learn how to win our freedom, not to learn how to submit to the Monday thru Friday slave system.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
I have never done this because what if someone posts something valuable one day? Or someone replies to them with something valuable? I figure if I want to ignore them I can just click off the thread. If I could dislike them and then click off the thread that would be even better lol.

It's easy enough to just scroll past their post if it looks poor value. Sometimes we might discount others opinions just because they think differently to us. Sometimes however their comments can readjust our thinking and moral compass. I'd rather see their posts so I don't miss the occasional stroke of genius.

Fair enough.

In my mind though, I equate this to subscribing to every mediocre blog out there, in the rare chance they might post some gold one day. It's possible, but it probably won't happen.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Fair enough.

In my mind though, I equate this to subscribing to every mediocre blog out there, in the rare chance they might post some gold one day. It's possible, but it probably won't happen.

Each to their own. That's the advantage of the ignore button as you pointed out. If you don't what to see it you don't have to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.