The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SUCCESS STORY: Clocky!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Again, a need witnessed in the normal course of life ... Clocky is born.

This gal probably isn't quite a multi-millionaire yet, but her effort is Fastlane ... plus, she is absolutely yummy! :love2::love1::love1::love1::love1::love1::love1:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLS20pWMs6Q"]YouTube - Big Idea Show - Clocky[/ame]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I read an article about her in the Entrepreneur magazine. She mentioned she designed it for a class project and forgot about it for a long period of time... at the beginning she did not believe it had any real value. Really interesting.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Lol, awesome. I saw that clock and thought it was pretty neat. Its always cool to see the inventor!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
15 or 20 years ago one of my friends used to stop by my house the day before we had an important soccer game early in the next morning, and when I was not paying attention he would setup my alarm and hide it underneath the bed or something like that so I had to get up and turn it off. Same concept. The difference between my friend and the Cloky girl is... one will be millionaire pretty soon.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Lol, good find.

It was an extra treat to get a VIDEO for this one instead of just an article [w/o pictures]. :hurray: :D

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
Ahh, I remember reading about this in a magazine not too long ago. Cool idea she had!

lucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 7, 2007
I am constantly amazed by how the simplest idea can turn into a fortune. I need to pay attention to small details more often so I can spot an opportunity like this!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I actually saw this product advertised in the Sharper Image catalog for this holiday season. They're selling it for $50 I believe.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
She is quiiiiiiiite nice! Another one of those "Why didn't I think of that" inventions. I'm with lucas, but I think instead of paying attention to the small details, it's paying attention to the small details that aren't there yet.

Nice find, I was actually watching the Deutsch man just a min ago before I decided to come up for bed. He was interviewing a guy who was a NYU Law school grad and quit his 6 digit income as a lawyer to work for $13/hr at Legoland. Now he builds sculptures ranging from $1000 to $60,000.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
She is quiiiiiiiite nice! Another one of those "Why didn't I think of that" inventions. I'm with lucas, but I think instead of paying attention to the small details, it's paying attention to the small details that aren't there yet.

Nice find, I was actually watching the Deutsch man just a min ago before I decided to come up for bed. He was interviewing a guy who was a NYU Law school grad and quit his 6 digit income as a lawyer to work for $13/hr at Legoland. Now he builds sculptures ranging from $1000 to $60,000.
I watched it tonight, too. The only problem I have with the show is that they don't delve into much detail because of the length of the segments. However, the show is phenomenal in the sense of inspiring people.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I watched it tonight, too. The only problem I have with the show is that they don't delve into much detail because of the length of the segments. However, the show is phenomenal in the sense of inspiring people.

Very true. The show gives you a true sense that anything can be marketed and sold.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.