The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

SUCCESS STORY: Clocky!

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Again, a need witnessed in the normal course of life ... Clocky is born.

This gal probably isn't quite a multi-millionaire yet, but her effort is Fastlane ... plus, she is absolutely yummy! :love2::love1::love1::love1::love1::love1::love1:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLS20pWMs6Q"]YouTube - Big Idea Show - Clocky[/ame]

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I read an article about her in the Entrepreneur magazine. She mentioned she designed it for a class project and forgot about it for a long period of time... at the beginning she did not believe it had any real value. Really interesting.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
Aug 13, 2007
Lol, awesome. I saw that clock and thought it was pretty neat. Its always cool to see the inventor!

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
15 or 20 years ago one of my friends used to stop by my house the day before we had an important soccer game early in the next morning, and when I was not paying attention he would setup my alarm and hide it underneath the bed or something like that so I had to get up and turn it off. Same concept. The difference between my friend and the Cloky girl is... one will be millionaire pretty soon.

lucas

New Contributor
Oct 7, 2007
I am constantly amazed by how the simplest idea can turn into a fortune. I need to pay attention to small details more often so I can spot an opportunity like this!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I actually saw this product advertised in the Sharper Image catalog for this holiday season. They're selling it for $50 I believe.

Redshft

Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
She is quiiiiiiiite nice! Another one of those "Why didn't I think of that" inventions. I'm with lucas, but I think instead of paying attention to the small details, it's paying attention to the small details that aren't there yet.

Nice find, I was actually watching the Deutsch man just a min ago before I decided to come up for bed. He was interviewing a guy who was a NYU Law school grad and quit his 6 digit income as a lawyer to work for $13/hr at Legoland. Now he builds sculptures ranging from $1000 to $60,000.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
She is quiiiiiiiite nice! Another one of those "Why didn't I think of that" inventions. I'm with lucas, but I think instead of paying attention to the small details, it's paying attention to the small details that aren't there yet.

Nice find, I was actually watching the Deutsch man just a min ago before I decided to come up for bed. He was interviewing a guy who was a NYU Law school grad and quit his 6 digit income as a lawyer to work for $13/hr at Legoland. Now he builds sculptures ranging from $1000 to $60,000.
I watched it tonight, too. The only problem I have with the show is that they don't delve into much detail because of the length of the segments. However, the show is phenomenal in the sense of inspiring people.

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I watched it tonight, too. The only problem I have with the show is that they don't delve into much detail because of the length of the segments. However, the show is phenomenal in the sense of inspiring people.
Very true. The show gives you a true sense that anything can be marketed and sold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom