The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Succeeding without network/money/knowledge/education

A post of a ranting nature...

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Hilarious whiny thread.

ALL these amazing people on this thread giving you FREE information and you STILL can't seem to run with it.

I started a company in DEBT. Around $40K as an approximate. Beat that. I would show up to classy bars and nice places because I would sit on my a$$ at home ALL day finding these places. And when I found them, I ironed up my suits, put some red lipstick on and turned up. Eventually, people started to get to know me, they liked me and they GAVE ME BUSINESS. End of. It was tough, it was hard (blah, blah, blah--when did you think it would be EASY?!)

Excuse me whilst I go shower and wash off the negativity I was exposed to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UniversalMind

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 24, 2011
United States
Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk[/quote]
Money is all around you. There is more money available in a 15 mile radius from you that you'll ever need.
Make friends with people who have it, show them that you hustle, that you get results, pitch them. I promise If you pitch 200 people you'll raise some money.

Connections...Easy. Just go to where they hang out, forums, events, parties, and buy Em a drink. Or just make friends.

The mantra is Just find a way. nothing comes easy

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Excellent and valuable post Silverhawk. If's all about networking, connections and making friends with people without expecting anything in return. This is great starting advice for the original poster.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California

YHadari

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 14, 2014
I totally respect that you appreciate the paralysis that you would feel by having no money or network while still trying to get your life together financially. That situation has made the best of us cry ourselves to sleep some nights, I won't deny that. However saying that you can't get yourself out of the rut of having no KNOWLEDGE OR EDUCATION is side walker speak, plain and simple.

Engage the market either by addressing your intended niche physically (conventions, their hangouts, etc.) or using the plethora of free online tools like quora or survey monkey (if no computer, use a net cafe or do the former option), then see what service will relieve that niche's pain. In relation to my point about knowledge or education (not necessarily formal), you and you alone are responsible for managing the skill set that will serve your intended niche and make you money. If you lack that skill set, there are hundreds of free sources to teach yourself, ranging from the public library to slideshare and even hand downs of business books. If you can't read (extreme case of no knowledge), let a friend read for you until you teach yourself how to read (borrow a second hand smartphone and download an app for that).

Armed with your knowledge and self education on the skill set that will serve your niche and make you money, let's make money. After brainstorming your product and it's unique service proposition, contact your friends and family of that niche and sit them down for coffee. Armed with a pen and paper and no fancy tablets, laptops or all that fluff, give a written presentation of your product or service:
-the idea behind your business and the mission
-your product/service
-the benefit the customer gets from the product
-the early adopter benefits of a cheap pre-order

Each presentation is either a moneymaker or a learning opportunity. You either added soldiers to your moneymaking army or learned from a defeat at the cost of a cup of coffee. Repeat the process until you get the right product idea AND the money to create your product with lean tools. The more developed your product, the easier the presentations get. Finish your product/service and deliver to the early adopters and make good on any promised benefits. Use your product to engage the market and DO NOT MISS AN OPPORTUNITY TO NETWORK. Continue to modify and improve your product while self marketing and branding yourself as the inventor of that novel product/service (still no website or that fluff, or use free tools if you insist). When you find the amount of engagement exceeds the available time and energy you have, scale by whatever distribution system is fit for your intended product.

I got carried away typing here as always, but I feel there are details I can't leave out. In conclusion, I respect you feeling helpless from having no money or good connections. It should motivate you. However having no knowledge or education is something that solving is entirely in your hands, and engaging them first will solve your problems. Good luck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
If you're really struggling to get enough money to get started, you can always find way to make more money with extra work. As an example, it takes 5 minutes on Google to learn how to remove viruses from a computer. You could offer this service to people locally for $50. I know you're thinking I can't do that, but what's the worst that happens? You run into a virus you don't know how to remove? Guess what, Google for the answer. Now you've made $50. Use that for your Fastlane business.

Before you go and use this example, let me just warn you that residential computer repair can be a pain. Make sure the person understands that if they get a new virus you are not responsible for it. Then make sure they have a good antivirus before they take the computer home. You could even sell them Norton for $50 then buy it for $20 on Amazon and make another $30.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.