The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Substantial raise possible without MVP?

Idea threads

Data_Revolution

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 17, 2023
I have an idea that would require a significant investment before getting an MVP out (over 1M) It seems that most startup investors are not geared to this but this is a pretty unique idea that has an unusually high upside. Does anyone have experience with these types of startups, maybe some tips on how to proceed in the early stages, online resources that deal with this scenario?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I guess it depends on the sport??? But also the task of being the MVP is up to the individual or coach and i dont know if it causes a raise

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I have an idea that would require a significant investment before getting an MVP out (over 1M) It seems that most startup investors are not geared to this but this is a pretty unique idea that has an unusually high upside. Does anyone have experience with these types of startups, maybe some tips on how to proceed in the early stages, online resources that deal with this scenario?
Contact Masayoshi Son. He often writes 8-9 digits cheques in less than 30 min due diligence.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
At first glance, this is what everybody who wants a lot of money says. I've got this idea, and it could be huge.

I can give some tips, but I have some questions first. Obviously don't share anything that you don't want shared on a public forum...

What kind of experience do you have in business?
Are you the only one involved in the business at this point?
How do you define high?
How do you define unusually high?
Do you know exactly how much you need?
What would the money go towards?
If MVP requires a million, what's the full fledged cost?
Is the MVP revenue generating, or will you be raising more capital?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Maybe don't start 7 figure startups without 7 figures.

Someone who does have 7 figures is in a great spot to start that kind of business. You do not have "capital" on a list of strengths or competitive advantages yet.

You might have connections, skills, access to special equipment or some other competitive advantage, that's what you should do as a business.

People and businesses go through stages.

Amazon did not try selling everything online first, they started with books and grew into other things.

When you have 7 figures to work with, then that would be a great time to start that business, in the meantime, you can sell something easier to the same people.

Small capital startups that want to get into big ticket things can act as intermediaries or brokers, or run lead gen or offer something basic as an initial business that caters to the customers you wish to have with your big ticket idea, so when you make the leap it's more like a little hop.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Small capital startups that want to get into big ticket things can act as intermediaries or brokers, or run lead gen or offer something basic as an initial business that caters to the customers you wish to have with your big ticket idea, so when you make the leap it's more like a little hop.
If I were OP, I'd listen to this.

I was thinking how many trading companies exist in china right now that are making millions just by being intermediaries/brokers for overseas clients.

They're pretty good at convincing you online that they're the suppliers.

Data_Revolution

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 17, 2023
At first glance, this is what everybody who wants a lot of money says. I've got this idea, and it could be huge.

I can give some tips, but I have some questions first. Obviously don't share anything that you don't want shared on a public forum...

What kind of experience do you have in business?
Are you the only one involved in the business at this point?
How do you define high?
How do you define unusually high?
Do you know exactly how much you need?
What would the money go towards?
If MVP requires a million, what's the full fledged cost?
Is the MVP revenue generating, or will you be raising more capital?
I have worked for over 20 years in the large corporate data space I am the only one involved now. The idea is around an integrated data tool that would cover what is typically covered by source databases, ETL pipelines and data warehouses. It would be significantly better than any tool out there and would cross multiple tool classes so if I’m right and it’s a much more efficient way to handle data for large enterprises the idea is definitely worth billions.
I think 5M is a conservative number to get an MVP out the door. There is a company that made a similar tool in some respects that was able to get it in marketable shape and sold to large enterprise customers for about that amount. The full fledged costs wouldn’t really have a defined number. If this all works out it would always keep growing, similar to databases, ETL tools and data warehouses that are on the market today. The proprietary keys are AI and ML driven and those would be heavily invested in on an ongoing basis.
The money would go towards a small team to develop the MVP and I expect it would be revenue generating after a year or so and with the initial investment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.