The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stuck on the loop of finding ideas

A post of a ranting nature...

niki81519

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 12, 2022
Hey,

I was skeptical posting here because I know people here are fed up with stories like mine. At this point, you can talk down to me all you want. Since HS all the startups I started have either failed or did not show any result. I think it was in 2018 that I tried t-shirt design business promoting global warming (was shit and did not get any sale). Then I started a home based bakery and posted my offerings on facebook and got 4 customers, then second wave of COVID hit. Then I decided to make a fun website to then use as advertising space but then I realized it's not as easy as that so I tried to come up with ideas on how I could make money off of it and nothing. I have had it for 2 months and still don't know what to use it for. Then I started a shopify store to sell digital products after watching a youtuber show us how easy it was bla bla (I fell for it obviously). No sale, nothing even after advertising it. MJ you said it doesn't matter if I follow something that isnt my passion but how am I supposed to compete with other companies in emerging industries when I don't have the skills and don't know what to persue. With this volume of failures, I might as well try at failing life.

Im sorry to myself and everyone reading this rn I mustve ruined your day

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 23, 2022
Hey,

I was skeptical posting here because I know people here are fed up with stories like mine. At this point, you can talk down to me all you want. Since HS all the startups I started have either failed or did not show any result. I think it was in 2018 that I tried t-shirt design business promoting global warming (was shit and did not get any sale). Then I started a home based bakery and posted my offerings on facebook and got 4 customers, then second wave of COVID hit. Then I decided to make a fun website to then use as advertising space but then I realized it's not as easy as that so I tried to come up with ideas on how I could make money off of it and nothing. I have had it for 2 months and still don't know what to use it for. Then I started a shopify store to sell digital products after watching a youtuber show us how easy it was bla bla (I fell for it obviously). No sale, nothing even after advertising it. MJ you said it doesn't matter if I follow something that isnt my passion but how am I supposed to compete with other companies in emerging industries when I don't have the skills and don't know what to persue. With this volume of failures, I might as well try at failing life.

Selling shitty political t-shirts online didn't work? Sounds like a story from Unscripted .

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
7sg3mi.jpg

One must try and fail and try and fail better and try and mimic others and maybe fail. until succeed.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
All I see is a lot of money chasing based on the cognitive default of, "I need to make money!"

This is how you end up selling t-shirts and random gadgets.

Selling shitty political t-shirts online didn't work?

That was TGRRE ! Trotman tried to sell "Trump Sucks!" t-shirts and couldn't sell shit!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hey,

You haven't tried hard enough to earn the right to quit yet.

Many successful people went through what you are still going through. It's okay.

The important thing is to learn. Keep learning.

By learning you develop skills. By learning you develop strategies.

Do a better job of communicating with your target market. If you don't have a target market, decide on one.

The idea here is you are looking for a hungry market. People who have a problem and are willing to pay money to solve it.

You actually can go fast lane with cookies, digital products, or t-shirts... As long as you are solving problems people have, and are doing an effective job of reaching those people, and they see the value in your offer.

That's the three keys to business. Solve a problem, effectively reach people with that problem, help them to see the value in your offer.

Now go throw yourself into your next idea.

And this time, maybe you don't sell something that someone else has created. What is something that you can create that's 100% yours? Maybe start by thinking what are you an expert in?

And you're not an expert in anything, then decide on something to become an expert in and start learning.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hey Niki, you stole me business CV! ;)
I still have 2 Tshirt shops on 2 platforms. But I don t know, where. Maybe, I m a tshirt millionaire allready and don t know ;)

Lately my son ranted at me with the same words BizyDad used :
" And this time, maybe you don't sell something that someone else has created. What is something that you can create that's 100% yours? Maybe start by thinking what are you an expert in?"

And : "Now go throw yourself into your next idea. "

My SON! I told him this business things some years and now HE is ranting at me. Marvelous!

I hope, we both get out butts up soon and take the next own thing to help peope. Meanwhile it doesn t interest me any more, if I get money from it, I d just lioke to have someting, I can help a lot of people .

niki81519

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 12, 2022
All I see is a lot of money chasing based on the cognitive default of, "I need to make money!"

This is how you end up selling t-shirts and random gadgets.

That was TGRRE ! Trotman tried to sell "Trump Sucks!" t-shirts and couldn't sell shit!
You’re right about the desperation. I am desperate. But I was afraid I’d never take action. I think till now Ive been really obsessed. How do I get over this sickness, this is really draining my mental health. Like how do I detach and enter back again with a healthy mindset? Honestly, should I just forget about the money and just try providing value for free?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I still have 2 Tshirt shops on 2 platforms. But I don t know, where. Maybe, I m a tshirt millionaire allready and don t know ;)

" And this time, maybe you don't sell something that someone else has created. What is something that you can create that's 100% yours? Maybe start by thinking what are you an expert in?"

My SON! I told him this business things some years and now HE is ranting at me. Marvelous!

I hope, we both get out butts up soon and take the next own thing to help peope. Meanwhile it doesn t interest me any more, if I get money from it, I d just lioke to have someting, I can help a lot of people .

This kid of yours sounds highly intelligent. ;)

:rofl:

You’re right about the desperation. I am desperate. But I was afraid I’d never take action. I think till now Ive been really obsessed. How do I get over this sickness, this is really draining my mental health. Like how do I detach and enter back again with a healthy mindset? Honestly, should I just forget about the money and just try providing value for free?

Over the course of a year I taught myself SEO. I had a website generating online sales and getting 10000 new visitors every month.

And I was still afraid to charge my first two SEO clients. I gave them their first month free just to prove to myself that I could do it.

I'm not saying you should do what I did. But for me, it did take a lot of fear and pressure off.

niki81519

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 12, 2022

Hey no I didn't mean to downgrade the t-shirt business. I was a teen back then. I did no research and my designs were honestly terrible and somewhat for me showing off to my homegroup teacher to show that I am onto something or whatever. I just count it as one of my failures because I didn't see short-term results. :/

niki81519

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 12, 2022
This kid of yours sounds highly intelligent. ;)

:rofl:

Over the course of a year I taught myself SEO. I had a website generating online sales and getting 10000 new visitors every month.

And I was still afraid to charge my first two SEO clients. I gave them their first month free just to prove to myself that I could do it.

I'm not saying you should do what I did. But for me, it did take a lot of fear and pressure off.
Would you say it opens more opportunities? Because I know people don't pay strangers

goldstein

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 31, 2017
people don't pay strangers
That is simply not true my friend.

We pay money to strangers ALL THE TIME.

WE GIVE MONEY TO PEOPLE WHO PROVIDE VALUE TO US.

Each time that a plumber comes to my house and fixes my leaking toilet, do you think I know that guy ? Of course not. I type ‘’plumber’’ and ‘’my area’’ in google and I go from there.

Each time that I stop at Starbucks, do you think I know the dude who gives me my coffee ? Nope. Absolutely no clue who that person is. All I want is my coffee.

I have a problem (I want a coffee) and Starbucks has a solution for me (the coffee).

I pay Starbucks to solve this problem for me.

Thank you Starbucks for that wonderful coffee.

Start hunting for value, not money.

Don’t know how ? Well, you’re a sample of 1, so, you can start by looking at your daily routine. I’m sure you can find plenty of things that annoy you throughout the day that could be improved.

When you improve things, you add value.

No more complicated than that.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Hey man, first up: good on you for not giving up. I started the ride back in 2018 too and I don't know if you've look at your acquaintances or other people in the game around you, but take a moment to look at all the other people that gave up and went back to their jobs or rotting in front of a couch hoping, hoping, that something good eventually happens and sweeps them away.

There's nothing I could say that big chad @BizyDad hasn't covered.

Only thing is this: are you paying attention to pain points in your own life or that you hear others talk about, and are you writing them down?
Do you ever get random ideas, are those going onto paper as well?
When you're out about, do you see and consider items or services, how they're done, how they operate, and think of things that could be done better?
Just because something already exists, doesn't mean it's perfect, and doesn't mean a new product that better speaks to the people looking for that service doesn't have a chance.

Johnny boy also had a great post the other day in a similar thread to this about how he views the world, give that a gander, and hold yourself up as you start looking into ideas and testing them.

Best of luck man

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Hey,

Don't beat yourself up, I got on here after failing a shopify store back in May of 2020. First ensure to read the Millionaire Fastlane and/or Unscripted (There wasn't a badge under your name), you'll learn in the books that all these ideas are considered "low entry" meaning they are easy to start and have high competition. Find something that is highly needed or hard to enter and work the process. Everyone of those businesses invalidates a rule of CENTS. But don't be so discouraged and beat yourself up. It is okay, and coming on here shows that you are aware and capable of changing your mindset of perception.

Also it doesn't matter if there's large corporations doing something - take Buccee's Gas stations in the US for example. Started out as an underdog, but people love the underdog because the underdogs brings something new and interesting to the table. Shell, Gulf, or BP, or whatever Gas station chain you can think of are copy and paste and ran down. Buccee's is massive and brings new amenities to the table with a clean and comfortable environment. They have now excelled and are loved all over the US and on the internet. Buccee's also got crafty with the use of social media such as TikTok and Instagram.

You're not a failure nor a loser, unless you give up from an unfinished race. Get your head out of your hands, lace up your running shoes, and show off some new technique. Find something to impress the masses and provide value and meaning and you will be loved, and you will be successful. Follow process as well, good runners don't just run the race they follow a routine, a process.
Look for problems around you and find ways to solve them, you got it!
Edit: Don't Give Up! Keep your head up and push through till you succeed (Encouraging Poster Below):

Attachments

• Believe!_CatPoster.jpg
    Believe!_CatPoster.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 3

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content