The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stuck in the script at an Epic level..

John F.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Aug 29, 2018
Arizona
I discovered MJ's books through suggested reading from Audible. Through these books, I realized how bad things really are...
Current debt load from living the scripted life is almost $200k. That does not include a mortgage, which thankfully I do not have anymore. I sold the house and mortgage last year to some other scripted sucker. The higher income means higher spending power trap got me really good. Almost to the point of no return.
The smack in the face with the reality of the situation was great and all, but I already knew I was in a tough spot and needed to get out. I just didn't know where to start until MJ's books.
I have had invention ideas since I was in my teens, I just never knew what to do with them or even had the belief that I could do something.
As I dig myself out of this crater, I have a goal now. I have something that will provide value to the world. I also have the knowledge and support to get off my a$$ and get the right things done in order to get there.
Am I always doing the right things? HAHA, not even close. Decades of bad habits take time to change. But those changes are being made and I am moving in the right direction now.
Every time I feel stuck, and those times are still very frequent, I fire up one of MJ's audio books and get my mind back on track and refocused on what is important.
I know it's going to take a long time to get out of this sh*t storm, but now I have a roadmap with a clear goal to guide me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
I discovered MJ's books through suggested reading from Audible. Through these books, I realized how bad things really are...

Bless those algorithms... the specific lines of computer code that made this magic happen!

And thanks for sharing your story, @John F.

Every time I feel stuck, and those times are still very frequent, I fire up one of MJ's audio books and get my mind back on track and refocused on what is important.

That's a great idea... I'm probably going to buy the audiobooks as well (I bought the Kindle books).

There are also amazing and experienced people here ready to help... if we take the time to do our homework first and ask good questions.

Thanks again for sharing your story, and welcome to the Fastlane!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
That is one loud debt. But you’ll be a king once you get over it

The world is a little crazy...better late than never.

Bless those algorithms... the specific lines of computer code that made this magic happen!

And thanks for sharing your story, @John F.

Haha
That is great! A little bit of luck sprinkled into it. Nothing better than that

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome from me too!
You’ll love it here...[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Welcome!

I have seen $200k and up as common numbers for college debt in doctoral degrees. This may not be your situation at all but it can create the same mindset. You can overcome it- this is the perfect place to be!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

John F.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Aug 29, 2018
Arizona
Holy sheeeet, from what?
Very poor financial decisions, like buying a house that needed way more investment than planned and a college education that got me over 6 figures of debt all by itself. I have spent the past several months just trying to get my financial situation out of the gutter. Poor decisions come with consequences. I have worked out the debt problem. Now it's time to push the business forward.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...