The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Roughly 2 weeks ago, I made a post on this forum about how I'd be recording my daily progress in there. I did that once, and it was all. I had no progress to write about, I was too lazy to learn anything new, about my business or anything else. I have tried meditation, working out, reading books, journaling,social media detox to no avail a few years ago, but that was just a distraction from the actual stuff that I had to do. I think about starting a new business, and fear cripples me. What if I am unable to do so? What if I become a workaholic(starting a new business) and my relationship with my wife, my mom, dad and other family members gets strained? What if I'm not able to go through it? What if..none of this works? I need urgency to start learning, but I don't have that. Laziness and procrastination take over everytime. I'm 30 years old and still unable to do anything by myself. I have no sense of responsibility. I have no sense of urgency. Everything's all foggy in my mind..everything seems to be a distraction from the things I am actually supposed to do. I don't understand what to do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AciD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Nov 13, 2020
It sounds like you're looking for a magic pill / a formula to suddenly get started.
There's no substitution to just starting. Baby steps, but be CONSISTENT.
If you can't do that - well, not everyone has to be working for themselves, and THAT IS OK. As long as you're happy.
If you're not happy and doing nothing about it, while being aware of the problem... well, I don't know what to tell you, to be honest.

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
Going through your previous posts I saw some traits. You seem to care too much about other people's opinions. And you seem to devalue your own ability to solve new challenges. Both of these traits will make the fastlane switch much harder.

You have to let go of the "What ifs" and learn to control your doubts. That's easier said than done, and it will take time. I suggest reading this: Taming the mammoth.

Also, you write about the "things you're actually supposed to do". This is extremely vague. You need to define what you want to achieve. Make a very list of the top 3 things you want to achieve. For each achievement, write down why you want to achieve this, and the very first step you should take to achieve it. That will make the path clearer, and may guide you while you work on taming your inner mammoth.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Roughly 2 weeks ago, I made a post on this forum about how I'd be recording my daily progress in there. I did that once, and it was all. I had no progress to write about, I was too lazy to learn anything new, about my business or anything else. I have tried meditation, working out, reading books, journaling,social media detox to no avail a few years ago, but that was just a distraction from the actual stuff that I had to do. I think about starting a new business, and fear cripples me. What if I am unable to do so? What if I become a workaholic(starting a new business) and my relationship with my wife, my mom, dad and other family members gets strained? What if I'm not able to go through it? What if..none of this works? I need urgency to start learning, but I don't have that. Laziness and procrastination take over everytime. I'm 30 years old and still unable to do anything by myself. I have no sense of responsibility. I have no sense of urgency. Everything's all foggy in my mind..everything seems to be a distraction from the things I am actually supposed to do. I don't understand what to do.
If you are so anxiety stricken, so overwhlemed by procrastination, so afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone, then maybe entrepreneurship is not for you.
To learn is to fail.
To progress you must do hard things consistently.
To create a business you have to disbalance your life for extended periods of time.
To gain freedom you have to fight for it.

You are NOT a fighter. You are a quiter and your fears rule you.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Nobody waits for you and nobody expects something from you. Use that pain to make really growth or leave it.

I would also recommend you to leave in the first place all those "Feel good" platforms where people cheers themselves up by reading 20 minutes a day a book, meditate for 15 minutes or just write things up like: Today I woke up 15 minutes than usual!

This is not real grow in the perspective of having a real business. It is a facade to cover the own laziness up and feel good about yourself.

Business is all about fear, pain, high risks and the unknowing. If you can't handle those things, dont feel bad about it. Most people can't do it, a few tried and gave up and just a small percentage survives.

Be honest to yourself and ask yourself if this is the way you want to handle on the daily basis or not.

A successful business owner is also some sort of "masochist".

Godmode

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 3, 2021
Thanks for sharing. What are the things you are "supposed to do"? What do you do when procrastinating? Like browsing Facebook, watching TV, etc.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
“In life, you can either choose the merry-go-round or the rollercoaster.”
- Holstee Co.

You've chosen the Merry Go Round.

That's fine, most people do.
The world needs people like you to be productive, uninteresting, work in cubicles, stable family life, etc...
You keep things running - so the rest of us can try our hand at riding the most awesome and terrifying and potentially dangerous rollercoaster ride ever invented.

I for one thank you for your contribution to keep society stable while I play.

Darren.P.R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 21, 2018
Berkshire UK
Wake up and change YOUR life. If you keep doing the same thing you get the same results. Break your cycle and the rest will happen.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I was in a similar boat as you for years and it wasn't until I got into therapy that I started getting my crap together in the past 2 years. If you can't afford therapy, there are non profits that give you heavily discounted sessions (OpenPath is awesome!) I still moments of crippling panic and anxiety, but it's all about how you manage it.

It's good that you're studying, meditating and all, but all of it means nothing unless you go out and do the work. I get that you're afraid of failure, but there's no shortcut around it if you want to succeed. Acknowledge your feelings, but just do it anyway.

Do you live with family? Because it's pretty easy to be complacent and have fears of abandoning them if you live with them.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
What's your question? What are you asking or trying to do? Are you asking us what to do?

jdi-p logo.png

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
What if you spend the rest of your life being a miserable and unfulfilled peasant?

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Edit: had to scrap it all because it was some self antagonizing bullshit.

I'm kind of in the same boat. And telling you this...advice that I should be following. Should help.

Consistency is key

Discipline and focus are the tools of success

Your early in the proccess. Gary Vee would say,"having a fruits of labor conversation this early is ludacris." This is the time to build. You shouldn't be worrying. Just do!

Everything is going to be alright man, I totally relate. We're like 30. Not 60. We just need to work.

Goodluck ✌

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!