The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

STOP using a normal hook for your short form tips & tricks videos

Idea threads

envykyro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Dec 4, 2022

Ive just learned about a method called "Credibility Hook"​

Normal Hook

"This is the most common mistake that I see people make as a personal trainer"

Credibility Hook

"I’ve been a personal trainer for around 20 years now. I’ve trained everyone from Olympic athletes, NFL Players, and the biggest CEOs in the world all the way down to, most importantly, the common working man. And no matter who my clients were or whatever they did, they all made the exact same beginner mistake."

So what is a credibility hook?​

A credibility-building hook quickly establishes the speaker's expertise and trustworthiness before diving into the main content. It often includes mentions of the speaker’s qualifications, experiences, or notable achievements that are relevant to the topic. This approach is designed to be used in Tips & tricks videos , where the avarage hook is "heres the..." or "this is my..."

If your like me , starting out and you dont have a large follower base , NOBODY will listen to you , thats why its important to give them a reason WHY to watch , and this kind of acts as a risk reversal too,

Real Video Example HERE

Risk Reversal Strategy Teaser​

One common strategy you can use , mixing it with your hook is the negative assumption.
if your hook is: ”Heres a $1,000,000 boring business idea that can replace your day job
and your interest peak would be —- “and before you say anything no it is not crypto or dropshipping… This side hustle actually works”

Im collecting donations in the form of likes to fund my next post, the tiktok formula ive spent 100s of hours on is almost done.

Im 17 with a startup called satinaa.com
tiktok is @satinaa.abayas
i will be constantly testing new strategies , different editing styles , different types of people , until i crack the full code. and when i do i will give all the value here for free as a thank you to MJ DeMarco , because if i didnt read his book 1 year ago , i would have been going to university right now , living a scripted life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
If your like me , starting out and you dont have a large follower base , NOBODY will listen to you

Not true. That's a limiting belief. Nobody knows who I am, but several companies pay me thousands a month each to help them solve their problems.

But you're right: "the biggest mistake" is too general of a hook. It's barely a hook. Everyone thinks they have the "biggest mistake" and after geting burned by too many videos giving obvious generalities with the hook "This is the biggest mistake", you turn people off who have actually been there, done that, and have harder problems to solve.

A true pro in their market knows the problems that their target market has, and they can start a video saying "How to fix X" or "Why Y didn't work for you".

Of course there are loads of hooks that you can use, and you only know which ones work for your business by testing them.

In 2020, shops made loads of money with the hook "Tiktok made me buy this". Now using that hook probably won't work very well. It's been overdone.

One thing I might also remember is that: a hook determines WHO will engage. This is why social media is so powerful because they have & use this data to aid in delivery (organic + paid). Your credibility hook will attract a certain type of person.

the tiktok formula ive spent 100s of hours on is almost done.

I've spent millions of dollars on ads for over 50 companies over 13 years, making tens (hundreds?) of millions for clients and employers. I've spent 5 figures on courses and consultants, doubled client ROAS in a matter of days not weeks... I promise you: you don't have a formula, at least not one that can be generalized. But you don't need one. You just need a testing loop. Recruiting UGC creators, scripting, testing, budget allocation, benchmark numbers, Every company worth their salt tests new ads and appeals regularly. They get new winners every once in a while, at least often enough to prevent long term ad burnout. That's what's gonna get your store to the promised land.

I am excited to see where your store goes in 5 years. I beg you: please do not fall into the guru trap of selling courses to kids just because it looks like easy money. Please build a real brand. You'll be richer & happier that way.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Ive just learned about a method called "Credibility Hook"​

Normal Hook

"This is the most common mistake that I see people make as a personal trainer"

Credibility Hook

"I’ve been a personal trainer for around 20 years now. I’ve trained everyone from Olympic athletes, NFL Players, and the biggest CEOs in the world all the way down to, most importantly, the common working man. And no matter who my clients were or whatever they did, they all made the exact same beginner mistake."

So what is a credibility hook?​

A credibility-building hook quickly establishes the speaker's expertise and trustworthiness before diving into the main content. It often includes mentions of the speaker’s qualifications, experiences, or notable achievements that are relevant to the topic. This approach is designed to be used in Tips & tricks videos , where the avarage hook is "heres the..." or "this is my..."

If your like me , starting out and you dont have a large follower base , NOBODY will listen to you , thats why its important to give them a reason WHY to watch , and this kind of acts as a risk reversal too,

Real Video Example HERE

Risk Reversal Strategy Teaser​

One common strategy you can use , mixing it with your hook is the negative assumption.
if your hook is: ”Heres a $1,000,000 boring business idea that can replace your day job
and your interest peak would be —- “and before you say anything no it is not crypto or dropshipping… This side hustle actually works”

Im collecting donations in the form of likes to fund my next post, the tiktok formula ive spent 100s of hours on is almost done.

Im 17 with a startup called satinaa.com
tiktok is @satinaa.abayas
i will be constantly testing new strategies , different editing styles , different types of people , until i crack the full code. and when i do i will give all the value here for free as a thank you to MJ DeMarco , because if i didnt read his book 1 year ago , i would have been going to university right now , living a scripted life.
Credibility hook works, but only if you are really an expert.

In other words, if you are an expert, don’t be shy and get ready to tell the whole world.

envykyro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Dec 4, 2022
Recruiting UGC creators, scripting, testing, budget allocation, benchmark numbers
Your totally right , ive now entered this stage , literally and im struggling with hiring the UGC creators , i plan to do paid advertising on tiktok and tell them why it will be benificial to join us , ect ect , but i have no idea how to actually onboard them... do you have a book reccomendation?

Like i know about the basics of a google form , but isnt there a more strategic way of handling this UGC thing?

Ive spent most of my "formula" on script creaton , focusing on pain points , benifits , tutorials... ect ect

ANddd i do plan to sell this "tiktok formula" but only if it actually works and i make millions from it.. i really promise you i will never sell a faulty product for money , My friend was telling me yesterday how i could just sell it now but i refused because i didnt have the proof

if you have any other Aspects / books / advice on actually taking the next step which is making the content and scaling that , plsss any advice on what direction to go , i will soak it up like a sponge

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.