The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

STOP Hustling!

Anything related to matters of the mind

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
Just had a discussion in one of the threads is it important to wake up early or not. And it reminded me this whole fuzz about being a “hustler”, “working hard”, “showing up every day” etc.

Today I want to share another side of “productivity”.

What if I tell you that I am most productive not when I turn my brains to the max, but otherwise - when I wipe my brains out completely and have 0 thoughts?

I am all about that life, like you all, count my minutes, measure my productivity, try to find new ways to improve myself and my work. There is no other way when you are the guy paying you, right?

So back to business...

When I start to feel overwhelmed, when there is too much noise and buzz in my head and I can not separate my thought, instead of pushing harder, I press STOP.

I take 20-30min what I call - meditation/walk. I go out and start walking as slowly as I can, trying to feel every step. In the beginning of my walk I allow only one though - “I AM” or rather a question “AM I (here, now)?”. And with all my focus, with all my mental strength I try to check and answer that thought - am I really here? Not just understand, but to really feel, 100% - am i here or not? Is this real?

After chasing this though, suddenly I realize - 100% - I AM HERE! This feeling is a lot different than anything you ever felt before. There is no doubt about this, this is a FACT.

And suddenly I am in THIS MOMENT. Here and now…

When I come back with this feeling, work no more feels like work, tasks, goals, meetings, calls… I don’t need to do them, they do itself… It almost feels like cheating :D I am not hustling any more, life is happening and I am just witnessing.

And this is my most “productive” state :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Apo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 19, 2019
London
Just had a discussion in one of the threads is it important to wake up early or not. And it reminded me this whole fuzz about being a “hustler”, “working hard”, “showing up every day” etc.

What if I tell you that I am most productive not when I turn my brains to the max, but otherwise - when I wipe my brains out completely and have 0 thoughts?

I am all about that life, like you all, count my minutes, measure my productivity, try to find new ways to improve myself and my work. There is no other way when you are the guy paying you, right?

So back to business...

When I start to feel overwhelmed, when there is too much noise and buzz in my head and I can not separate my thought, instead of pushing harder, I press STOP.

I take 20-30min what I call - meditation/walk. I go out and start walking as slowly as I can, trying to feel every step. In the beginning of my walk I allow only one though - “I AM” or rather a question “AM I (here, now)?”. And with all my focus, with all my mental strength I try to check and answer that thought - am I really here? Not just understand, but to really feel, 100% - am i here or not? Is this real?

After chasing this though, suddenly I realize - 100% - I AM HERE! This feeling is a lot different than anything you ever felt before. There is no doubt about this, this is a FACT.

When I come back with this feeling, work no more feels like work, tasks, goals, meetings, calls… I don’t need to do them, they do itself… It almost feels like cheating :D I am not hustling any more, life is happening and I am just witnessing.

I will try that, I like the way you write, it makes total sense. I know this state of being ultra productive and achieving a lot without realising it. Thanks for sharing!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

So back to business...

yes its real.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOp7wPtE6qA

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
My wife deals with a total of right at $1 billion in art every day and now everyone at her work always remembers me (they told me this) when they get stressed out and have 30 things going at once...... no one is going to die. It will be ok, it's just art, not brain surgery. They have all told me this helps them and I tell everyone I'm in business with to do the same thing. I know when I'm chasing my tail, I just think like this and it's all going to be ok. :)

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Well, tonight at dinner my wife told me they had a big fiasco at her work today. A crate with a $32 million painting was loaded on the plane but they wouldn't let the courier on the plane because the doors had already closed. They have an agreement that the courier can watch the crate be loaded and then get on..... anyway, it took several phone calls by my wife 15 miles away, all within a very few minutes, and the problem was corrected. Anyway, my wife's assistant told her that she was so calm during the whole episode and that she learned a lot. My wife said, remember what my husband says.... no one is going to die; it's just a painting. Her assistant said, "Yes, I always tell myself that but this was so hectic I forgot". lol

Doing that will help, I'm telling ya. I learned this over $5. I got really p!ssed off over $5 one day and I came to this conclusion.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
My wife deals with a total of right at $1 billion in art every day and now everyone at her work always remembers me (they told me this) when they get stressed out and have 30 things going at once...... no one is going to die. It will be ok, it's just art, not brain surgery. They have all told me this helps them and I tell everyone I'm in business with to do the same thing. I know when I'm chasing my tail, I just think like this and it's all going to be ok. :)

Hey Minivanman, this is not a bad approach :)

It looks similar to affirmations. Mechanics is similar. Let the positive thought overcome negative.

What I am suggesting is to leave both positive and negative thoughts. Falling in to present moment has a lot more benefits than only stress relief, you will see :) Try it :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.