The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RANT STOP Hustling!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 25, 2014
Just had a discussion in one of the threads is it important to wake up early or not. And it reminded me this whole fuzz about being a “hustler”, “working hard”, “showing up every day” etc.

Today I want to share another side of “productivity”.

What if I tell you that I am most productive not when I turn my brains to the max, but otherwise - when I wipe my brains out completely and have 0 thoughts?

I am all about that life, like you all, count my minutes, measure my productivity, try to find new ways to improve myself and my work. There is no other way when you are the guy paying you, right?

So back to business...

When I start to feel overwhelmed, when there is too much noise and buzz in my head and I can not separate my thought, instead of pushing harder, I press STOP.

I take 20-30min what I call - meditation/walk. I go out and start walking as slowly as I can, trying to feel every step. In the beginning of my walk I allow only one though - “I AM” or rather a question “AM I (here, now)?”. And with all my focus, with all my mental strength I try to check and answer that thought - am I really here? Not just understand, but to really feel, 100% - am i here or not? Is this real?

After chasing this though, suddenly I realize - 100% - I AM HERE! This feeling is a lot different than anything you ever felt before. There is no doubt about this, this is a FACT.

And suddenly I am in THIS MOMENT. Here and now…

When I come back with this feeling, work no more feels like work, tasks, goals, meetings, calls… I don’t need to do them, they do itself… It almost feels like cheating :D I am not hustling any more, life is happening and I am just witnessing.

And this is my most “productive” state :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Mark Fobo

Contributor
Feb 19, 2019
London
Just had a discussion in one of the threads is it important to wake up early or not. And it reminded me this whole fuzz about being a “hustler”, “working hard”, “showing up every day” etc.

What if I tell you that I am most productive not when I turn my brains to the max, but otherwise - when I wipe my brains out completely and have 0 thoughts?

I am all about that life, like you all, count my minutes, measure my productivity, try to find new ways to improve myself and my work. There is no other way when you are the guy paying you, right?

So back to business...

When I start to feel overwhelmed, when there is too much noise and buzz in my head and I can not separate my thought, instead of pushing harder, I press STOP.

I take 20-30min what I call - meditation/walk. I go out and start walking as slowly as I can, trying to feel every step. In the beginning of my walk I allow only one though - “I AM” or rather a question “AM I (here, now)?”. And with all my focus, with all my mental strength I try to check and answer that thought - am I really here? Not just understand, but to really feel, 100% - am i here or not? Is this real?

After chasing this though, suddenly I realize - 100% - I AM HERE! This feeling is a lot different than anything you ever felt before. There is no doubt about this, this is a FACT.

When I come back with this feeling, work no more feels like work, tasks, goals, meetings, calls… I don’t need to do them, they do itself… It almost feels like cheating :D I am not hustling any more, life is happening and I am just witnessing.

I will try that, I like the way you write, it makes total sense. I know this state of being ultra productive and achieving a lot without realising it. Thanks for sharing!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

So back to business...

yes its real.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOp7wPtE6qA

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
My wife deals with a total of right at $1 billion in art every day and now everyone at her work always remembers me (they told me this) when they get stressed out and have 30 things going at once...... no one is going to die. It will be ok, it's just art, not brain surgery. They have all told me this helps them and I tell everyone I'm in business with to do the same thing. I know when I'm chasing my tail, I just think like this and it's all going to be ok. :)

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Well, tonight at dinner my wife told me they had a big fiasco at her work today. A crate with a $32 million painting was loaded on the plane but they wouldn't let the courier on the plane because the doors had already closed. They have an agreement that the courier can watch the crate be loaded and then get on..... anyway, it took several phone calls by my wife 15 miles away, all within a very few minutes, and the problem was corrected. Anyway, my wife's assistant told her that she was so calm during the whole episode and that she learned a lot. My wife said, remember what my husband says.... no one is going to die; it's just a painting. Her assistant said, "Yes, I always tell myself that but this was so hectic I forgot". lol

Doing that will help, I'm telling ya. I learned this over $5. I got really p!ssed off over $5 one day and I came to this conclusion.

OP
OP
business_man

business_man

In Love With Marketing
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 25, 2014
My wife deals with a total of right at $1 billion in art every day and now everyone at her work always remembers me (they told me this) when they get stressed out and have 30 things going at once...... no one is going to die. It will be ok, it's just art, not brain surgery. They have all told me this helps them and I tell everyone I'm in business with to do the same thing. I know when I'm chasing my tail, I just think like this and it's all going to be ok. :)
Hey Minivanman, this is not a bad approach :)

It looks similar to affirmations. Mechanics is similar. Let the positive thought overcome negative.

What I am suggesting is to leave both positive and negative thoughts. Falling in to present moment has a lot more benefits than only stress relief, you will see :) Try it :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock