The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Steve Jobs 46 Seconds of Advice To All of Us

s_sherrell

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Oct 26, 2011
Chicago
I forgot how he used to look

[video=youtube_share;UvEiSa6_EPA]http://youtu.be/UvEiSa6_EPA[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sharp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 8, 2011
Canada
Aww, you beat me to it. I think Jobs was a genius though when it came to computers and had to adapt to the business world to understand where the demand was.

Clenjamin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 13, 2011
NY
Someones about to get MAD rep even tho everyone has prob heard this (i have not) and yet this is so simple and everyone im sure "knows" this but when someone like Jobs says it, it really makes you think because of who and what he was.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Ive heard everything said in this video on this forum for a long time.

[video=youtube_share;XxA4HopZm1k]http://youtu.be/XxA4HopZm1k[/video]

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Someones about to get MAD rep even tho everyone has prob heard this (i have not) and yet this is so simple and everyone im sure "knows" this but when someone like Jobs says it, it really makes you think because of who and what he was.

Jobs didn't just say it.

He DID it.

That's what makes this advice so significant.

This man changed the world.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Jobs didn't just say it.

He DID it.

That's what makes this advice so significant:

With the revelation he gives (above), he changed the world.

-Russ H.

pstchaseki

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 18, 2011
In this most perfect time and place we all posses THE most powerful, advanced, and capable tools...

MIND & WILL

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH IT??????

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
"Once you learn that, you'll never be the same again" Geez... that hit the nail right in the head.

EdmundDantes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 9, 2011
To the detriment of our potential, we forsake our true inclinations and talents for a mere paycheck. Steve Jobs was truly inspirational, and this clip was brilliant. Any time you question your motivations for "thinking differently," remember Steve. What an incredible human being.

- I highly recommend his Biography by Walter Isaacson.

krbb91

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 23, 2011
here is one on failure

[video=youtube;zkTf0LmDqKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkTf0LmDqKI&feature=related[/video]

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
99% of people will work a job, fall in love, have some kids, and that's about it. And God bless those who truly want and enjoy that.

But many on this forum say "forget that" to the typical life: They feel they are on this planet to get rich, have FUN, help MILLIONS of people, enjoy FREEDOM and leave a legacy.

A Jim Rohn quote ties in well with the Jobs video posted by the OP: "Don't go where the 97% go. Don't do what they do. Don't talk like they talk. The 97% won't even take the time to refine their philosophy for a better life. Walk away."

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
"Once you learn that, you'll never be the same again" Geez... that hit the nail right in the head.
Seriously, learning that really did change my life.

I don't recall the exact moment, but my biggest "a-ha" was when I realized life didn't work the way I was taught it did growing up.

And in my opinion, that is the main reason why most people live "normal" lives. Because it's what they've been taught and it's what they're used to. And when anyone or anything tries to tell them differently, they resist it.

Shad0w

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Aug 1, 2011
Wow. I have to fill out a form for a teacher recommendation for college. One of the questions is about the best advice I ever received and I couldn't find something to put in there. So ac course I go to the fast lane forum and find the best piece of advice I ever heard. Amazing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.