The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Steps to starting a website

colerguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 16, 2016
Hello All,

I just recently joined this forum after reading this book a few days ago. I want to get advise from people that have been there and done that.

I want to develop a website in order to promote my product and sell it. I will be willing to share what i learn along the way and contribute to the forum

Here are my questions:
1) What is the best webhost service that is easy to scale in the future if my traffic increase.
2) Which address do i need to input for the domain registration? Obviously i dont want to use my real address. Can i use PO box from USPS? I have heard that whoever is on the whois registration own the domain. If i want to sell my website in the future, will it become problems?
3) What is the best way to learn and build websites? I have never develop a website and 0 coding knowledge but i can learn very quickly. I don't want to just pay someone to get a template. I want to actually learn a little bit also about how it all work and tie together.
4) What is the best way to market my product? Please shine some light on this if anyone know
5) Last question: Does anyone backup their website to their own server/ hard drive? In case your web provider goes out of business or something. I wouldn't want to lose all of my work (photo, template, post, etc.)

Forgive me if some of these questions are very basic. I'm a noob.

Thank you all for reading

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mpcharles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 1, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Hello All,

I just recently joined this forum after reading this book a few days ago. I want to get advise from people that have been there and done that.

I want to develop a website in order to promote my product and sell it. I will be willing to share what i learn along the way and contribute to the forum

Here are my questions:
1) What is the best webhost service that is easy to scale in the future if my traffic increase.
2) Which address do i need to input for the domain registration? Obviously i dont want to use my real address. Can i use PO box from USPS? I have heard that whoever is on the whois registration own the domain. If i want to sell my website in the future, will it become problems?
3) What is the best way to learn and build websites? I have never develop a website and 0 coding knowledge but i can learn very quickly. I don't want to just pay someone to get a template. I want to actually learn a little bit also about how it all work and tie together.
4) What is the best way to market my product? Please shine some light on this if anyone know
5) Last question: Does anyone backup their website to their own server/ hard drive? In case your web provider goes out of business or something. I wouldn't want to lose all of my work (photo, template, post, etc.)

Did you read the book?

The part where you are handed wealth and success by someone else?

Those are simple 'googleable' questions. Please research them and let us know the answers.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

colerguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 16, 2016
I obviously want the answer from someone that actually did what i want to do and saw good result. I am not satisfy with the result i found from googling. For example, if you google best web host service, you will get several different answers from infinite websites. This does not help me.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
I use Godaddy for web hosting and you can learn wordpress to make a website.

I hired someone to make mine.

If you plan on handling all technical work yourself , then you will have very less time for marketing.

Well , good luck !

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
We use Azure for hosting. It's cloud hosting from Microsoft. They won't go out of business.

Get your domain through godaddy or namecheap, makes little difference.

But Whois protection. Keep your shit secret.

Get a PO box. You'll need to put your address on any emails you send per CANSPAM laws, don't want to blast your home address to every customer.

In the future, these are all easily googeable questions.

Create a proper intro, tell us about yourself, your experience and what you've done.

Go read the forum rules as well as the gold threads here. 100% of what you've asked has been answered here.

Looking forward to your contributions in the future.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
if you have a UPS store near you, i higly recommend getting a UPS box. It appears as a legible intact address; if you get packages it goes there; about the same price as a biggest usps box per year;

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hello All,

Here are my questions:

Do you already have a product that you are selling?

What I do is I buy my domain names through -> http://godaddy.com/
On the checkeout process, I buy the privacy protection so I won't have to use my own address.
Someone mentioned getting a UPS box, I've heard that before, but I've also used https://travelingmailbox.com/

For hosting, I use - https://beyondhosting.net/ - They also have a $10/month option for offsite backup of your website. You can also manually backup your website on your hardrive any time.

For coding a website - You can buy a template at https://themeforest.net/category/marketing/landing-pages
And learn to modify the HTML and CSS for free at many places. I think code academy is one
http://www.w3schools.com/html/
https://thenewboston.com/

Wordpress is easiest.

For marketing - it really depends on what your'e selling.

JPMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 16, 2016

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Step 1: buy a domain from namecheap (or get a PBN domain from a site like konker.io which will rank faster in google)
Step 2: set hosting plan in hostgator (baby plan)
Step 3: copy name servers from hostgator (you will receive them in your email) to dns settings in namecheap's dashboard.
Step 4: enter cpanel with your credentials (you will receive all of this to your email)
Step 5: find QuickInstall in the cpanel
Step 6: install wordpress directly with QuickInstall
Step 7: use optimizepress or leadpages or buy a wordpress theme.

If you have any questions just ask

colerguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 16, 2016
Hello All,

Here are my questions:

Thank you all for replying...i just got my first website and started developing already..i do hv a product already that i want to sell. I will update my progress and hopefully share what i learn from time to time...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...