The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Staying focused in Lockdown during this time

JWM

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 14, 2018
Australia
It's a very interesting time that we are in with the current global situation. I specifically want to focus on how everyone is handling the isolation.
While where I am in Australia isn't in full on lockdown, we do have lots of restrictions in place, essentially stay home unless you have reason to not be i.e. medical reasons, exercise, work etc.

My main issue right now is staying focused and trying to gather my thoughts. There is so much I want to learn, research and ideas to work on while my business is essentially in hibernation for the next few months, but where to start?

What techniques have you developed for yourself to stay focused and motivated if you are in a similar situation?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Trello makes me laser sharp focus. It has 3 Parts:
1) Future Projects/Works Need to be done
2) During: What I am doing right now
3) Done: What have I done so far.

The trick is: Do Few Works in small incremental way. It will add up eventually
Don't = Never try to eat the elephant at once.

I heard Slash App is good for Productivity. I will give a try about it in this year.

Book Reference: The Greatest Salesman in the World - Og Mandino
Book Reference: Jocko Wilink - Leadership & Discipline

Travel Base

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 19, 2020
europe
I think one part of your problem is in your question "Where do I start?"
To me that looks like you would benefit from spending a few hours/a day just listing down everything you want to do and learn, and then start thinking about it. Like, ask yourself what are the things that are really important/useful? What could be beneficial to move/improve your business for the upcoming months?
Also, are there things you can do on/for your business while in hibernation? And why is the business on hold? Is it a non-necessary business offline business that literally has to stop (due to government policies etc), or could you pivot it online? Or streamline it? Adjust it?

Just to say, I have many things I would like to learn just for my own pleasure, but I am choosing to focus mainly on stuff that will or is beneficial towards my goals and for my business. That is not to say you cannot spend a few hours a week learning/trying some random hobby stuff - it enriches our lives and helps lowering our anxiety during these hard times for sure, and it's not wasted time.
But you should first figure out what are the main things you could learn/work on - this is what is going to give you focus going forward. Ask yourself "Is this thing moving me forward? Is it beneficial to me right now/in the upcoming future? Is it helping me?"
There are many tools to help you prioritize tasks/things that you want to do, but this is the general gist that could help you start organizing your thoughts.

Hope it helps!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.