The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Staying focused in Lockdown during this time

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

JWM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 14, 2018
Australia
It's a very interesting time that we are in with the current global situation. I specifically want to focus on how everyone is handling the isolation.
While where I am in Australia isn't in full on lockdown, we do have lots of restrictions in place, essentially stay home unless you have reason to not be i.e. medical reasons, exercise, work etc.

My main issue right now is staying focused and trying to gather my thoughts. There is so much I want to learn, research and ideas to work on while my business is essentially in hibernation for the next few months, but where to start?

What techniques have you developed for yourself to stay focused and motivated if you are in a similar situation?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ismails

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 7, 2019
Trello makes me laser sharp focus. It has 3 Parts:
1) Future Projects/Works Need to be done
2) During: What I am doing right now
3) Done: What have I done so far.

The trick is: Do Few Works in small incremental way. It will add up eventually
Don't = Never try to eat the elephant at once.

I heard Slash App is good for Productivity. I will give a try about it in this year.

Book Reference: The Greatest Salesman in the World - Og Mandino
Book Reference: Jocko Wilink - Leadership & Discipline

Travel Base

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 19, 2020
europe
I think one part of your problem is in your question "Where do I start?"
To me that looks like you would benefit from spending a few hours/a day just listing down everything you want to do and learn, and then start thinking about it. Like, ask yourself what are the things that are really important/useful? What could be beneficial to move/improve your business for the upcoming months?
Also, are there things you can do on/for your business while in hibernation? And why is the business on hold? Is it a non-necessary business offline business that literally has to stop (due to government policies etc), or could you pivot it online? Or streamline it? Adjust it?

Just to say, I have many things I would like to learn just for my own pleasure, but I am choosing to focus mainly on stuff that will or is beneficial towards my goals and for my business. That is not to say you cannot spend a few hours a week learning/trying some random hobby stuff - it enriches our lives and helps lowering our anxiety during these hard times for sure, and it's not wasted time.
But you should first figure out what are the main things you could learn/work on - this is what is going to give you focus going forward. Ask yourself "Is this thing moving me forward? Is it beneficial to me right now/in the upcoming future? Is it helping me?"
There are many tools to help you prioritize tasks/things that you want to do, but this is the general gist that could help you start organizing your thoughts.

Hope it helps!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I have zero coding skills whatsoever. Are coding skills needed? Will the be learned in the...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock