The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting from scratch

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

axjjj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 5, 2017
Poland
I joined the forum around 10 days ago, I read a few articles that really motivated me to change things.

I'm starting from scratch, I feel like I need to have a diary here to help me get more awareness of what I am doing, and also for people reading it that are in a similar situation.

Long story short: I'm broke, I'm living in a garage transformed to apartament. I can't afford a better place, still I prefer alone in a garage that having a small room in a shared apartament.
My parents give me money, myself I can't even pay this low lifestyle.

My first goal is to make at least 500€ per month with the first deadline the 31st of july, whatever it takes to achieve that I'm willing to do it!

I'm good with webdesign, so this is the skill I'm willing to use.
In the last 10 days I worked on my website and I tried unsuccessfully to get some gig on upwork.

Someone in the forum, if I remember well it was Andy Black suggested me to help locals build their website, unfortunately I'm not living in my own country and I speak really poorly the local language.

My first goal now is to find a few good clients and make them a website for free.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
cszec!

NFT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Mar 14, 2017
Germany
I recommend reading The Millionaire Fastlane . That is going to be beneficial to you.

Maybe you can take a look at websites from your former country. You could search for the websites of local biz from where your parents live.
If you notice that they have a bad website, you can offer them to improve it for free... see if they like your work and improve.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@Andy Black suggested the OP should look for his first client, well he didn't have to. His first client found him.

Serendipitously for @axjjj, I needed a website built for my new book which deals with how to create labels with selling power. I had arranged with a friend in the Philippines to do it for me, but she had to flee from Mindanao due to terrorism and couldn't handle it.

I contacted Axjjj, offered to pay him rather than take up his offer of a free website design and set up, and I sent him my rough website draft. He has turned that into a very good single page sales letter type, which is what I wanted. Others might not like it, but it's just what I wanted so if you don't like the design, blame me.

Here is mine: www.PowerLabelsforPrivateLabelingProfits.com
His own site is classier than mine.

I am not only happy with the result, I am also very pleased with his cooperative approach, the good suggestions he made, the speed of his work, and his readiness to make changes that might have been seen as a nuisance by some.

Although Axjjj offered to do a website for free, I didn't want to take advantage of him, so I happily paid him, and I think he has earned every cent of it. For any who need a website set up I suggest you contact him.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I joined the forum around 10 days ago, I read a few articles that really motivated me to change things.

I'm starting from scratch, I feel like I need to have a diary here to help me get more awareness of what I am doing, and also for people reading it that are in a similar situation.

Long story short: I'm broke, I'm living in a garage transformed to apartament. I can't afford a better place, still I prefer alone in a garage that having a small room in a shared apartament.
My parents give me money, myself I can't even pay this low lifestyle.

Sounds like you have a pretty good FTE - I read The Millionaire Fastlane and due to my very own lack of discipline, I admit that I allowed myself to fall off the bandwagon of building my Fastlane business and fell back into the comfortable, scripted BS.

I just completed reading Unscripted , the book actually came at the perfect time, I was about to get things started back with my business, and I was re-applying the concepts from TMF , then came this second book, so I feel confident moving ahead and moving out of my own way.

One of the greatest lessons I've learnt from BOTH books is that, the only time we recognise the challenges of business, that is unique to each of us, is when we are ACTUALLY on the journey, and as MJ heavily advises, one of the most important aspects of business is taking Action, Assessing the response after we've begun and Adjusting accordingly.

in the forum, if I remember well it was Andy Black suggested me to help locals build their website, unfortunately I'm not living in my own country and I speak really poorly the local language.

We live in Global times - How cool? We are no longer disconnected by the barriers of our countries. There are people living in one part of the world, with clients in a whole other continent, where they don't necessarily overstand the culture of the people, but, they do overstand the needs and are trying to meet it.

After reading the books, I recognise the important and initial step I must take to begin my Fastlane Unscripted journey, I'm not going to talk about what I'm going to do etc., I'm just going to get into it taking Action, Assessing the feedback when I roll out and Adjusting over time to ensure I'm meeting the needs and adding value to my clients.

My country is a small country, if I were to rely on JUST the people in my country to build a millionaire biz, then, I'd be doomed, because the numbers are small; however, we live in Global times, use the Globe as your playground to get ahead if you really want to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.