The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Start with Why by Simon Sinek and How to find your Why!

TomWoody

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2019
Macclesfield
I recently read Simon Sinek's book "Start with Why" and I can honestly say it's one of the best books I've ever read. Everything just instantly made sense while reading it. I'd love to start a thread to just discuss the ideas in the book and how it applies to The Fastlane life and any expansions we can make on the ideas in the book. I'm now reading his second book and following the process to Finding My Why and I'd also love to create a group of some sort where we can run Find Your Why sessions to help other people find their Whys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestU67047

Just got my monthy audible credit for July and purchased the book. Thanks for recommendation. Then I'll go back to Unscripted to finish up my 3rd read.

G

GuestU67047

TMF is a much better book.

You want to take advice from a real entrepreneur who's been where you want to go, not from an author who's never launched a business (last I checked).

TMF and Unscripted is in my top 10 books of all time, but it's ok to read/listen to other books.

I believe the book suggestion is fine because I read more than self-help business books. I won't read fiction though.

Last edited by a moderator:

tmb22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 8, 2018
USA
I love both of Simon Sinek's books as well. I read them a while ago but wouldn't mind revisiting Find Your Why, because I didn't really do the exercises like I was supposed to. MJ's books are definitely my favorites, but you can't really compare them with Simon's. I think you have to find your why to be able to do what's necessary to start a fastlane business and stick with it. I'd love to hear @MJ DeMarco 's opinion if he's read them

TomWoody

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2019
Macclesfield
I love both of Simon Sinek's books as well. I read them a while ago but wouldn't mind revisiting Find Your Why, because I didn't really do the exercises like I was supposed to. MJ's books are definitely my favorites, but you can't really compare them with Simon's. I think you have to find your why to be able to do what's necessary to start a fastlane business and stick with it. I'd love to hear @MJ DeMarco 's opinion if he's read them
Yeah, they're very different books. I mean Unscripted and TMF led me taught me alot about entrepreneurship and I'm on this blog so those books clearly work. I'm also struggling to complete the exercises as I don't have a partner to do them with as most of my friends and family think self improvement and entrepreneurship are justs fads and pipe dreams. We could do the exercises together if you wanted to?

TomWoody

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2019
Macclesfield
TMF is a much better book.

You want to take advice from a real entrepreneur who's been where you want to go, not from an author who's never launched a business (last I checked).
The term "better" is quite obscure in this scenario and I believe that both books are very good and I learnt all about entrepreneurship from TMF but I still didn't know what business I wanted to start and while I know it doesn't particularly matter as long as it follows the CENTS guidelines, I did want it to be something that I at least found mildly enjoyable and my research led me to Start with Why which I think lays out how to find your "purpose" or "passion" in life and last I checked, being an author and a prevalent public speaker is a business??

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.