The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

STAGNANT!!!

Anything related to matters of the mind

ZCO62

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 1, 2013
This may be in the wrong topic thread, feel free to move it if it is.

I have been researching a lot lately on this site and it has been very beneficial so far! I read your fastlane start up thread and a lot of it I could relate to myself. I come from from a middle class, small town family. Grew up doing a lot of farming and ranching in Northern AZ.

Anyway I'm at the stage where I have to have a business idea floating around or I can't sleep at night. I am currently trying my hand at the freight brokering industry. I am young and determined to be my own boss and live a better life. I also know hard work and sacrifice will come into play. I've thought of an extremely simple invention that solves a re accruing problem world wide. I spent about 6 months finding feasibility in it. Although I seem to strike out and can't ever speak to the higher management in the type of companies it is intended for. I have also burnt the flame on a few business ideas before they even left the ground.

Any advice for my business and invention problems? Or even what you would do in such a situation?Anything helps!

Thanks for your time!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Make sure your invention solves a real problem. You can usually spot it by starting with a real problem you have, or asking someone about a problem they have, then solving that.

You have to cringe when Shark Tank presenters come in, and their "problem" that they "solved" is some weird, obfuscated thing that impacts nobody.That will not get you on the fastlane. They went about their process wrong; instead of really beginning with a problem, I suspect they had a (bad) idea that nobody else had patented before, then after wasting money patenting it, they invented a problem nobody had to go with it.

When an idea solves a problem, buyers and investors rush to you, and don't need you to explain why it's valuable to them-they get it right away and you get their money right away.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Spot on eneaka ....But if it's a physical product that does not require massive investment perhaps you can make two units. Determine the price point and see if you can sell them.The potential client will guide you. Then scale it. I recently acquired this advice from zen which forced me to rethink my idea,redefine its target market and pivot it into something else. Currently work in progress. Hope this helps and good luck.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Best advice I can give having read what you wrote, grow bigger balls.
I spent about 6 months finding feasibility in it. Although I seem to strike out and can't ever speak to the higher management in the type of companies it is intended for.
If the need is there, and it solves a problem, don't give up so easily. Go to data.com to find who you need to talk to at each company.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Spot on eneaka ....But if it's a physical product that does not require massive investment perhaps you can make two units. Determine the price point and see if you can sell them.The potential client will guide you. Then scale it. I recently acquired this advice from zen which forced me to rethink my idea,redefine its target market and pivot it into something else. Currently work in progress. Hope this helps and good luck.....Sorry lads for the double entry.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am currently trying my hand at the freight brokering industry.

Anytime I hear or read the word "brokering" it hints of control issues where you become a middleman. Fastlaners seek to eradicate middlemen unless your middleman process streamlines operations in the form of cost reductions, better CPA, convenience, etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.